PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 6th, 2002, 04:41:23 PM
Jon has been acting up again mainly being rude to people especially one new poster in particular and me, CMJ and JMK have been discussing it, and we have decided that CMJ will PM him about the situation, we just need to decide what to say, and I have decided that instead of PM each other back and forth about it that we make a thread to make the decision. Now if anybody wants to add any input about what to say to him, thats cool.

ReaperFett
Jul 6th, 2002, 04:45:39 PM
Dont be too harsh on him, I like him posting round :)

JMK
Jul 6th, 2002, 04:50:21 PM
I wonder just how much it will help. He's such a hot head that he'd probably blow up at CMJ and tell him that he's not going to change the way he speaks to people, and that if people are too moronic to understand him and see his ways, well that's their problem and end it off with one of his patented condescending "lols".

I think the only thing to ask him is to not be so damn demeaning and belittling. If people don't agree with his every viewpoint over what movie "rocks" or "blows" he doesn't have to come roaring back with his usual aggressive, personal rants.

:lol Reaper, sometimes it is amusing to sit back and watch him blow a gasket, but when he assaults brand new members, critisizing their "ratings" system and telling people that their stupid if they don't agree with him, well he needs a talking to.

CMJ
Jul 6th, 2002, 06:22:26 PM
I think he'll be the "softest" on me, seeing as he "seems" to like me pretty well. That's why I volunteered.

JMK
Jul 6th, 2002, 08:06:01 PM
Makes total sense to me. Have you got any idea what you're gonna say to him?

CMJ
Jul 6th, 2002, 08:14:02 PM
I was kinda hoping we could kick around some idea's. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 6th, 2002, 08:44:05 PM
I have some thoughts first we need to say several poster have complained (that is mostly true Jedieb and the new poster seems frustrated with him) but we need to say it nicely maybe telling him he needs to be more tolerant of other people's views and try to watch what he says. Don't give him lecture talk to him like a friend just say I think it would be best if you did it that way, something like that, I am going to give it some more thought and probably post some more ideas tomorrow.

JMK
Jul 6th, 2002, 10:00:36 PM
Make him an offer he can't refuse. ;)

Seriously, I think JMC is right. He's got to learn that its not ok to jump down people's throats because he doesn't agree with them. He could respectfully disagree, but he doesn't. He condescending and that drives away members, and that isn't cool.

CMJ
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:10:25 AM
Thats kinda what I had in mind as well. Sorry, I was gone all day yesterday guys, otherwise we could have been closer to a resolution.

JMK
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:45:21 AM
Don't you just love his arguments that any Star Wars movie is already the best movie of the year, regardless of any upcoming releases? Makes for a very objective critic. On years where SW movies are released, he shouldn't review anything because he's already handed out his awards. He just had a semi-rant about the apparent genius dialogue of the SW movies. Lucas makes no bones about the fact that the writing and lines are corny.

CMJ
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:51:18 AM
Dude some of his latest rants have made me wanna be ill. He goes through stages of being bearable and being REALLY irritating. He's currently on a major irritating phase. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 8th, 2002, 11:56:58 AM
Yeah that Windtalkers thread has to be one of the worst, he kept going on about how his opinion was right that all liberals are stupid and that basically if you aren't rich your nothing, and that whole thing about everybody but the rich being pawns, what kind of talk is that, especially using Dumas's words to back him up (hey Dumas probably didn't even write those words knowing him that is a different story but lets just say he had a lot of help while writing his books) that is the stuff that gets me mad and its not because he is a conservate. Doc is a conservative and we have had political debates and I never got mad while reading them and at least he made his points without calling somebody stupid which I really don't like.

CMJ
Jul 8th, 2002, 08:54:10 PM
This is what I was gonna send....

Jonathan,

Hey man how's it going. I decided to give you a heads up on some stuff. Carr, Kyle, and I have been recieving numerous complaints lately from a few different posters about your comments in some threads. We have been defending you, but it was decided by our trio to let you know.

People don't DISLIKE you Jonathan...so don't get defensive. Hell the fact that we are trying to let you know about this shows that at least us mods appreciate you here. If I may, I'd suggest you might tone down your "volume" on disagreements. Most of the complaints have been from people who felt that you belittled their opinions when they didn't coincide with yours.

Once again Jonathan I am NOT attacking you here. You definitely make this board an interesting place to frequent and I'd be bummed if you left. For the sake of us mods though we'd appreciate if you could try and take it a bit easier on others....since WE take the flack for you. :)

Courtland

Comments??

Shawn
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:18:23 PM
Sounds pretty good. I know I'm guilty of antagonizing him an awful lot. But when I see him go off on some long, disjointed rant, I just blow a fuse sometimes.

CMJ
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:21:16 PM
I really have to stop short many times a week of doing an all out flame on him(well depending on the week..some are woorse than others). But I'm pretty disciplined....I never do. ;)

Shawn
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:26:00 PM
Well, I usually try to post under my other name (Gurney Devries), so he doesn't think the staff is giving him a hard time. And it takes a serious amount of restraint for me to not tear apart every darn near every post he makes.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:53:29 PM
Thats perfect CMJ, I couldn't have written anything better. And I agree with you guys, there have been times that I wanted to trash him, especially in the Windtalkers thread he got on my nerves a few times but I backed off.

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:18:20 AM
I agree, that's pretty good CMJ if I do say so myself! To the point, blunt and non apologetic. I likes.

BTW "Gurney", he's taken another shot at you in the PPG thread.

Admittedly, he is fun to antagonize, in the same way you would always tease your younger sibling. Sometimes I try a "pre-emptive antagonization" , in hopes to set him off. Like in the "attractive actress" thread. I said that anyone who sees a normal weight woman as fat has common sense problems. Which I believe anyway. :p

CMJ
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:33:25 AM
Just sent it. ;)

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:00:13 AM
Keep us posted. I'm anxious to know if he's even aware he's doing it or if he will just get indignant and blow up again. Have we decided what to do if he does infact blow up and say he's done nothing wrong and that everyone else is stupid?

CMJ
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:00:03 PM
Let's cross that bridge when we come to it. At the very least I think this will be a temporary fix...he DOES seem to like me afterall. He'll probably back down for at least a few DAYS. ;)

CMJ
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:03:05 PM
Jesus....get a load of this crap. Next course of action??

Well I appreciate you letting me know, but it would also be appropriate to contact the people who start these disagreements and tell them to be respectful of other people's opinions. I just simply voiced my opinion that the animation in that STUPID little kiddie Powerpuff Girls movie blows chunks and then I get attacked as being shallow, stupid, ignorant, and not liking to have fun. Who started that barrage there? Take a look at the thread. He flamed me badly, and I only responded with my opinions of him. In that light, it was quite appropriate, and if that person was complaining he should flat out be banned for being an idiot. I never started that. I respected his opinion if he liked the animation, but obviously my opinion was not respected. That is a problem. I don't take that lightly, especially from an idiot like that.

I think if you can't take the heat, you get out of the kitchen. If someone cannot take getting flamed, they shouldn't flame me in the first place. I will always hit back, and always harder than before. If they don't like that, my best advice is not to flame me in the first place. I've had to put up with a lot of -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- here from various people and mostly been very good about ignoring it or letting it slide to a certain extent, but I cannot let people outright flame me and get away with it.

I understand that you have to put up with the complaints and whatnot, but if these people are also in the wrong, you need to tell them so too.

CMJ
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:41:34 PM
Okay...this is what I have as a response SO FAR...but I'm not done yet. Please...suggestions...idea's....are welcomed....

Jonathan,

First of all you seem to think the complaints have stemmed JUST from the PPG thread. They've been going for several days now...before that thread started in fact. More individuals than Gurney have PM'd me personally(not to mention JMK, and Carr)...so it's not like it was a one man bitch session. ;)

I did reread the Powerpuff Girls thread at your request. See, Jonathan, what I tried to get across to you in my last PM was toning the viciousness of your idea's down. Re-reading that thread...you didn't start anything to a degree. But the WAY you ripped the animation as "shoddy" gave the impression(even to me) that anyone who likes that style is an idiot. Once again, don't misunderstand me..."shoddy" in a perfectly acceptable word as is "moronic" or "idiotic"(other words you seem particularly fond of) BUT you have a definite gift of coming across as a know-it-all.

Your TONE is what's being called into question here, not your opinions themselves. Other people(some of whom may not even respond) read your posts and even if you don't slam them directly...by slamming something they like so forcefully...you are in a way slamming them...and not respecting their opinons.

Courtland

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:10:31 PM
Yep, indignant response.

Tell him flat out that his opinions don't generally attack one person, but that they insinuate that anyone that thinks one way is (insert insult here). He did say that anyone who defended the PPG movie should check to see if their equipment was working. Then he went on to say that he may end up liking the movie. Will he check his equipment? He often says incendiary things without thinking about the implications and generalizations he may be taking.

CMJ
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:26:06 PM
I found it rather amusing he wants an administrator banned. ;)

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 05:28:15 PM
Yeah, he's so clueless that its hilarious.
I truly wonder if he's like this in real life, or if he's just got a big mouth on the net.

Shawn
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:29:14 PM
BTW "Gurney", he's taken another shot at you in the PPG thread. I'm not going to respond. No reason to further antagonize him. Generally speaking, I try to keep my mouth closed when he goes off on those long-winded rants of his.

CMJ
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:32:58 PM
Update #1...I used alot of Kyle's stuff, cause it kicked ass. ;)

Jonathan,

First of all you seem to think the complaints have stemmed JUST from the PPG thread. They've been going for several days now...before that thread started in fact. More individuals than Gurney have PM'd me personally(not to mention JMK, and Carr)...so it's not like it was a one man bitch session.

I did reread the Powerpuff Girls thread at your request. See, Jonathan, what I tried to get across to you in my last PM was toning the viciousness of your idea's down. Re-reading that thread...you didn't start anything to a degree. But the WAY you ripped the animation as "shoddy" gave the impression(even to me) that anyone who likes that style is an idiot. You generally don't attack a single person that is true. Once again, don't misunderstand me..."shoddy" in a perfectly acceptable word as is "moronic" or "idiotic"(other words you seem particularly fond of) BUT you have a definite gift of coming across as a know-it-all.

Your TONE is what's being called into question here, not your opinions themselves. Other people(some of whom may not even respond) read your posts and even if you don't slam them directly...by insinuating that if someone feels a certain way about something they are stupid they like so...you are in a way slamming them...and not respecting their opinons.

Let me use an example of what I mean(this is from the PPG thread). You did say that anyone who defended the PPG movie should check to see if their equipment is working. Do you not think that offended people? I believe you often say incendiary things without thinking about the implications and generalizations that you may be taking.

Once again...this is not a slam, just clarification of what my first post said. I hope you take this stuff to heart...and don't go off the deep end. As a moderator I'm here for the common good....I don't take sides if I can help it. And though you may not believe this, I have not taken the "other" side. I am just trying to resolve this the best I can.

Courtland

JMK
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:53:44 PM
Sounds good. Fire away!
Let's see how he defends that. I can't wait for the excuse....

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 9th, 2002, 09:16:44 PM
Go for it CMJ, I am curious how he will respond, hope he doesn't start flaming you.

Sanis Prent
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:51:15 AM
I guess I'm pretty guilty of antagonizing him :\

But what can I say...its like walking in the woods and coming across some sick, half-dead squirrel.

You just gotta poke it with a stick.

JMK
Jul 10th, 2002, 07:18:31 AM
Regardless, I think Jon has himself on thinning ice these days...

CMJ
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:44:12 AM
Bowen's response.....

No I didn't think they were just from the PPG thread, I merely used that as an example. Also, my comment there about equipment, hehe, was totally a joke! I thought that was obvious from reading it. Otherwise I would have put it more simply and not tried to make it humorous. It was just a joke and that is the problem here, a lot of people take things way too seriously when they are not meant to be taken seriously. I didn't turn that thread personal, someone else did, so it's a bit unfair to get after me about that one.

You may say you "haven't taken the other side" or whatever, but I find your comments offensive. I am not a know-it-all and I never do come across as one either. I never assume to know anything I don't actually know anything about, which is quite a bit, but given that we are talking about movies and Star Wars, I know more than most people who post here, sure, but that's because I make it my business to know. If we were talking about physics, I wouldn't be able to say much because it's been years since I suffered through that subject (with two A's, but I hated it). We're not, though. We're talking about Star Wars and movies in general, my favorite two subjects, the two about which I know the most. Know-it-all, though? What the hell? That is the type of person who comes into a thread with the idea of correcting someone like, "The name of that actor is not (whatever), it is blah blah, and that movie you mentioned was 1987, not 1988." I never do that. I merely offer my opinions and that is that.

If someone has a problem with an opinion of mine, they can certainly debate it without trying to attack me. You could definitely say, "Well I happen to like the more casual style of animation in PPG because it's not so glitzy as in Gundam Wing" or whatever the case may be. If someone simply said that, I'd say, "Alright, fair enough, but I don't like that style of animation." I never said that someone else was not entitled to like it, only that I think it's quite shoddy.

I use a variety of words, so I don't have any favorites, actually. The only ones you CAN use for something you don't like are idiotic, stupid, moronic, poor quality, shoddy, boring, useless, etc. There are many; I use them all from time to time.

I also think that whenever I state my opinion, even if I only said, "I did not like this movie, it really was boring and the plot just was a mess," then I would instantly be more likely to get called names or flamed for that then would you or many other people. I understand some people may have a negative bias or whatever, but I still think that is rather unpleasant. I don't have anyone on the forum I exactly hate. Gurney is an idiot but he hardly ever posts so I don't care.

I never try to be "vicious" in my posts and I think it's unfair to say that. I am usually very careful about trying not to say anything TOO harsh. A few times, I am certainly guilty of having a passionate dissenting opinion.

Comments?

JMK
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:15:47 AM
One thing is becoming clearer and clearer here; he is not going to apologize for anything here, or make any concessions. If he can't see that he comes across as a condescending know it all, then we are wasting our time trying to reason with him. If he comes out and says a movie is a total wreck, bad acting, horrible plot, bad effects, that's fine. But often people come back and say, "I actually enjoyed it and thought the acting was fine etc..." The key there is that people use the words "I thought" instead of "it is", like Jon tends to use, which states an absolute. Then Jon comes back and says "No, this movie is trash and anyone who thinks otherwise obviously is not an intelligent person." Something to that effect. Whenever we confront him about comments like that, he says he's done nothing wrong, was attacked first (WTF? I've hardly ever seen him attacked first unless he's said something retarded; (re: Sept.11 and serving one's country. Jedieb hit him pretty hard on that one), or is joking. The problem is NO ONE, except him seems to think its a joke.

Gurney is an idiot but he hardly ever posts so I don't care.

That's hilarious!

So, what do we want to do with this kid?

CMJ
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:20:32 AM
I think we should vote on whether to ban or not to ban him. I'm getting pretty fed up, and I have really thick skin.

If we decide not to ban him(very possible) someone else needs to talk to him. As wimpish as this sounds....me writing what I THINK are very reasonable messages to him...only to have him ignore them...it's only making it worse. It's not like I'm going after him(and boy could I ever).

JMK
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:36:05 AM
I think we could all take a rather sizely chunk out of him for something or other, but I think one of 2 things have to happen here.
1- as you said, vote to ban him
or
2- get more aggressive with him and we start to provide him with proof of his arrogance and know it all "wisdom" so he has nothing to hide behind. I wouldn't mind going back and looking for some of his scathing remarks and generalizations.

Any other suggestions anyone? We're getting sick of his attitude and something has to be done.

CMJ
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:38:31 AM
I bet there's only like 1000 examples of stuff we could throw in his face. :p

JMK
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:09:20 AM
I just did a quick search of posts by username and read a few threads. I didn't come across anything that are grounds for banning, but there was definetly alot of arrogance there. If you have the time, I suggest you have a look yourself and maybe we can make a small collection of memorable quotes that he's made, if you catch my drift...

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:16:12 PM
I agree with JMK I say we get more aggressive with him and come up with proof of us actions, if you want me to do it thats fine, if you are tired of dealing with him. To bad David is not still around he had a knack with dealing with problems like Jon. As far as banning the question is what rule has he broken? Unless Ogre or Shawn could come up with a rule that he has broken than I am not sure what we could ban him for.

CMJ
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:22:37 PM
How about offending scores of people?? :p

Is that not a banable offense? ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:39:28 PM
Probably not because I remember during the Dizzy crisis when he kept posting in the Long Countdown, I wanted to see him banned, but David said he hadn't done anything to warrent it so I am guessing its similar here. Now the only thing is flaming, has he done that, I think that is a bannable offense.

Shawn
Jul 10th, 2002, 12:41:30 PM
I'd say consistent harassment of posters is grounds for banning. Then again, I maybe be biased since I constantly go at it with him. The difference being, I don't really care when he flames me, because I do it right back at him. :)

I'd say just try a more aggressive approach with him. I don't really want to ban him. I want to hit him over the head with a ver large mallet, but I don't want to ban him. :p

JMK
Jul 10th, 2002, 01:30:25 PM
OK, then that pretty much settles it. We dig up some classic Jon verbal diarhhea, show him that he is infact arrogant and acts like a know it all then see what he says. I'd rather not see him banned either, but I won't cry if he's gone...

Something else we can tell him is that he's basically the only one we get complaints over. If others are like him, as he says, there would be more complaints. The fact is (at least for me) that no one complains about anything really.

CMJ
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:20:50 PM
That shouldn't be too hard to find. I went through archives and was AMAZED to discover some real classics :p

JMK
Jul 10th, 2002, 02:41:46 PM
To be fair, should we post what others were saying to him as well, or just post his best stuff? I'll try and do some good ones when I get in. I'll post them in this thread or should we start another one?

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2002, 04:01:20 PM
Can I jsut say though, I thought Gurney was an idiot pre-knowing who it was :)

And dont touch any comments he made at me.

JMK
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:15:57 PM
Ok here we go...

Part of the "LOTR box office thread"

Umm... no. LOL. LOTR was a good film, but come on, that is totally unrealistic. BETTER than Star Wars?!

You are on a Star Wars message board my friend, go to TheOneRing.net or whatever it is.

LOL, ugg, that is stupid.
Clearly belittling an opinion. That's not him defending his, that's him shooting down someone else's.

From the "Harry Potter box office thread"

Whatever Dutchy. Titanic is so unimportant to basically everyone on earth, so who cares that it beat TPM to $400m by 1 day? AOTC is going to cream Titanic's quickest to $400 million anyway, so whatever TPM didn't do, AOTC has a chance to correct. Star Wars is so far superior to Titanic in every way from records to quality it's not even worth discussing, so back to the topic of THIS post.
Pretty arrogant and forceful if you ask me, even moreso now considering AotC didn't do that well (in terms of SW movies)

LOTR will not beat TPM either. There is exactly... *does calculation*... ZERO percent chance of that! lol. Anyone who voted for either of those films or both of those films to beat TPM must be an idiot.

This one I want to keep for a rainy day:

Umm... no. Actually that doesn't matter the most. HERE is what matters the most:

1) Gone With the Wind
2) STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE
3) E.T.
4) Titanic

Ticket sales figures. That's what matters the most, and in ticket sales, Star Wars is the most successful modern blockbuster. You know if Episode 3 passes Titanic for #1, he'll say that tickets sales don't matter, box office gross does.

as evidenced here:
You are wrong in a fundamental concept here, Dutchy, which is making you look foolish, at least if anyone else is paying attention. A dollar back in 1977 bought MORE than a dollar does now, which is why it DOES matter how many tickets were sold, NOT the dollar amount.

From AotC's box office thread:
After Dutchy predicted 25-30m on opening day for AotC:

You will not be right this time at all, your estimates will be far off and you will be admitting you are wrong in seven months. Mark my words.
What did AotC make on opening day? Who DOESN'T act like a know-it-all? Sure Jon doesn't.

Plus, I'm a box office expert now
He did say that LOTR would max out at 225M and AotC would absolutely do more than 375m. Right again Jon![/sarcasm]

Yeah, predictions can be wrong, but here's another classic:

Will Spider-Man hurt AOTC? HELL NO!

After two weekends Spider-Man will have worn itself down anyway, so by the third weekend even without AOTC it wouldn't do huge business, but with AOTC, it will get creamed because its entire target audience (i.e. everyone on earth who can get in) will be seeing AOTC. If it falls 50% from weekend 1 to 2, it will fall even worse when AOTC comes unless of course the spillover business helps Spidey, and it may...

Either way, Spider-Man is no threat. What is AOTC's first big threat?

Overall it'll have to face MIB II and Minority Report, those are two big films that come to mind, plus XXX will open very well I think (Diesel, Sam. Jackson). I know there are many more films, but not much comes to mind that opens in June actually. I hope June is pretty clear, at least by comparison to past years...
Does that sound like a know it all?

Moving along to more opinion bashing, this time of Morgan Evanar:

But the Devil's Advocate was a great movie... "

This was a joke... or not?

The Devil's Advocate was absolutely one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. I remember at the time calling it the #1 worst film ever made, but now it's just top 10 worst material, err, bottom ten more like it. It's a glorified porno flick, much like Unfaithful. If you want to see a girl naked throughout a movie with buckets of blood on her everywhere, so be it, but I prefer an actual plot that consists of good dialogue, acting, and something meaningful happening. The Devil's Advocate had none of that. Of course none of us had much to say good about the movie, but we never attacked Morgan over it...

Anyway, that was one page of threads out of 15, and I only quickly browsed through some of the larger threads. Someone feel free to continue...

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:25:27 PM
Of course none of us had much to say good about the movie, but we never attacked Morgan over it
He does it to me, it's nice to see him get some back ;)

CMJ
Jul 10th, 2002, 06:48:43 PM
ROFL! I have not talked to a real Star Wars fan who would even compare LOTR to any Star Wars film. TPM is a WAAAAY better film. To say that LOTR is even close is an utter insult to Lucas, to ILM, to the actors in TPM, and to everyone else who takes film seriously and to Star Wars fans in general.

That was from the "LOTR is what TPM should have been" thread. :p

Oh man this is great...he insults the whole nation. ;) From the "E.T. before a phenomenon, now a bomb" thread.

I really appreciate most of the films the AFI chose on its list, but E.T. is just not a good movie. I think the country must have been on drugs when it did so well. It is so vastly inferior to Star Wars there is no comparison.

More country bashing...in the "Amelie" thread.

Of course it is weird, it's FRENCH! It's a terrible film.

Okay this was pretty damn irritating to read since I really enjoyed this film. He could have said he disliked it in a much more sedate way...but I must admit this one is a stretch.

In the Bedroom had no plot at all. I mean seriously Wing Commander was a far superior film and had a much more developed plot. At least it had some production values, but this film was just totally boring and stupid the entire way. It was not interesting, it was not thoughtful, it was not anything but a two hour plus bore.

This is classic Bowen right here....

Thin Red Line is NOT one of the best of anything, not even the day it came out, even if no other movies opened it wouldn't be the best of the day. Some kid with a home video camera surely made something more interesting.

This is nice too....note the condescending LOL...a Bowen trademark. ;)

Unfaithful?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you KIDDING ME?! That movie SUCKED hardcore! One of the absolute WORST films of the year. It was painfully awful. Awful plot, painfully boring, nothing unique at all, super predictable, and a PORNO flick. All it does is give audiences about 30 minutes of Diane Lane naked. It's a sickeningly awful, boring film that never should have been made. What a piece of absolute trash. I can't believe I had to sit through it. If you couldn't predict everything in that movie way before it happens, you got problems, lol.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:34:02 PM
I would only pick the worse ones, I haven't looked but I am sure I could find some too. The worst two moments that I can think of involved him, (neither thread is probably still around) one involved American Pie 2 and how Buff didn't like it and Jon came down on him and then Buff flamed him back it was a flaming war until I and another poster (I think it might have been Mcbain not sure though) stepped in and told them to stop it. If they had kept it up I think they both would have been banned. Then of course there was the infamous war between him and Jedieb after 9/11 that was no treat either. Now we can bring these instances up or not it will have to be a decision call. I am going to sit down later maybe tomorow morning and right down some ideas of what to say to him, the question is CMJ do you want to continue to be the messenger?

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2002, 09:46:19 PM
Can I just point out both those escalated due to the other poster as well. You dont have half as valid a case with them, so I wouldnt even bother with them.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:14:45 PM
Well with buff that is true but with Jedieb I have to blame Jon more he was horrible the way he acted bascially saying some really nasty things about US and stuff as I recall, and his actions were uncalled for and the way he carried on I don't blame Jedieb for flaming him like that. If he spit on me and the things I carred about I would have done the same thing.

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:25:06 PM
But my point is, that he can counter it, maybe even then turning it against you picking on him and not touched jedieb, if you see my meaning

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:30:11 PM
I guess your right there, another point those were a long time ago too, and we probably couldn't even find the threads to prove anything anyway.

ReaperFett
Jul 10th, 2002, 10:32:35 PM
true

Shawn
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:01:06 AM
Am I seeing things? Did Jon actually... apologize? o_O

Sleep deprivation must be playing tricks on my mind... time for me to head to bed, before I start seeing talking cows.

CMJ
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:22:39 AM
If you're refering to the PPG thread...I'm not sure that was really an apology, but it might be the best Jonathan can utter.

He WAS more sedated yesterday...maybe the PM's had a bit of an effect afterall. We should still do some digging....but wait to bombard him until he offends someone again.

Then we hit him.

JMK
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:19:10 AM
I think Jon dug deep there. Soak it up fellas, that's "I'm sorry" Jon-style.
His newest posts seem to be more "sedated" as CMJ said, but that's probably in light of the PM's he's received.
I'm counting the days for him to mess up again...maybe hours even...

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:27:57 AM
So I guess we just wait then? Unless you want to PM him some more CMJ.

CMJ
Jul 11th, 2002, 12:00:15 PM
I'll wait till he messes up again...then the gloves are gonna start coming off.

And I'll still PM him. I'm not as irritated now. ;)

JMK
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:56:48 PM
Uh oh.
I think his time is up.

Darth Vader just started a thread saying how the YaYa Sisterhood is better than MIB2. No one's replied yet, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that Jon is going to open up on this guy.

Let's see if he's heard anything you said in your PM's CMJ.

ps- none of you admins are pulling a fast one here and posing as Darth Vader and purposely trying to push his buttons are you?;)

ReaperFett
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:10:49 PM
We're all entitled to an opinion. Some just have strange tastes. Thats been drilled into me by an Admin a Mod and a Poster :)

CMJ
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:37:14 PM
Reaper...no one is saying Jonathan can't have his opinions. But he DOES offend people. I've received numerous msg's(both before and after I became a mod) bitchin' about his attitude. Hell he pisses me off sometimes when I agree with him!

Jedieb just sent me this rather profound PM about Mr. Bowen. I thought I'd share....

There's something about Jon I've often found odd. It's something you might want to bring up with the other guys. If you pay attention you'll find that Jon rarely ever talks ABOUT Star Wars. I know that sounds ludicrous on the surface, but think about it. When was the last time you saw him post in the Films thread? When was the last time you actually saw him talk about the characters, or the story itself? It's always, "SW is the greatest experience the world has ever had!" But he never actually tells you why. He rarely discusses specific scenes and what they mean to him. Granted, this is a Box Office forum, but it's as if all he pays attention to is the numbers. He never talks about Yoda or Anakin, just how much money they've made and where they rank on this list and that. It's almost as if he's actually missed the essence of the movies. I think that's one of the reasons he stays away from the EU. Even at it's weakest, it still relies on SW characters to make it go. Jon just doesn't seem to be into the characters at all. I just find that odd.

Shawn
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:37:30 PM
Darth Vader is a Mod for the Roleplaying Section. And I don't believe he had any ulterior motive to posting that thread. Jon's response wasn't *too* bad...

JMK
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:33:51 PM
No, they've been worse, but this is where it usually begins. A patented "WTF are you talking about?" followed by a defense by the poster, followed by "Anyone who defends YaYa Sisterhood better have their equipment checked".

I've always thought the same thing Jedieb just pm'ed you about CMJ. In the first week of AotC's release, he was in there talking about his favorite scenes, and whatnot, but other than that he shows very little interest as far as discussing the movies go. There could be numerous reasons for that, like he hasn't the time, B.O. is his prime concern etc...But for someone who claims that the movies are such a part of him, the only thing he really seems to know are box office figures. And even at that, he seems to skew information and wording to his meaning.

Shawn
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:50:05 PM
Oh, now I'm not a "real" Star Wars fan... that's just gold. :lol

JMK
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:53:40 AM
Well why don't you just pack up your bags and leave Shawn. No one wants an imposter here.

This kid is an idiot sometimes.

ReaperFett
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:41:42 AM
Yes, but look at that thread now. You look me square in the eye and tell me LL and Marcus arent doing EXACTLY the same thing, but less blunt.

JMK
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:15:41 AM
Jon has basically called anyone who doesn't agree with him about movies and that everything about Star Wars and idiot, moron, unintelligent and and useless for the last 3 years. People are sick of him and his arrogance. Jon has made his bed and now he's going to have to lie in it. LL and Marcus are just doing to him what he's done to everyone else. Does it make it right? I don't know. At least they haven't called Jon unintelligent or a moron. Therein lies Jon's problems. If he thinks every aspect of SW is top notch, that's fine. But he always either belittles or flames anyone who doesn't agree with his sweeping generalizations. Jon is where the problem is. If you notice, Marcus and LL or anyone else for that matter don't treat others that way. Just Jonathan. That is no accident, he brings it on himself, and everyone can see that. If we could find a way to curb his arrogance and flames, then there wouldn't be this problem.

ReaperFett
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:27:04 AM
JMK, some people in here have said I have no taste in movies for the last three years. And they dont even bother to put a few paragraphs of text to argue with :)

Charley
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:37:02 AM
Well, you don't! :mneh...its true!

JMK
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:42:37 AM
Did they ever call you a moron, or unintelligent or utterly stupid?

ReaperFett
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:45:21 AM
And whats the difference between that and what Jon does, aside from the fact you want to ban him? :)

JMK, sometimes I would write fairly long posts about films, and the reply would be "Once again you show you have absolutely no taste in music" or similar. If it wasnt for the fact I spoke to them on AIM (One fairly often, two rarely) which meant me think they were trying to be slightly humouress, I would have blown up at one of them. I once came back from College thinking I was about to fail, to see that. I was millimetres from letting it all out and then have some board feature stop me from posting again.

JMK
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:12:27 AM
I can understand that, but did they annoy EVERYONE for 3 straight years and not apoligize once? Not even admit fault? Just point the finger at others?

I wonder how many complaints have been written against Jon? The reason we were all made mods was because the other members trust us to take care of these sorts of things. I wouldn't want to ban Jon if it wasn't totally necessary, but if the rest of the board is fed up with him, what do you do?

ReaperFett
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:14:57 AM
Noone ever apologises to me :)

And then there was that Jedi who never posted except to slag me off. AGES that went on for. That got to me :)

JMK
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:38:59 AM
Well I'm sure that if you had complained, something would have been done. :p

Fact is, people are fed up with his antics, and they either want something done about him, or will fight fire with fire, then we'll never see the end of it.

ReaperFett
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:40:40 AM
I bet nothing would have happened. One person talking about one person never changes anything :)

JMK
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:07:40 AM
Well what about 10-12 people? Will that change anything? It should IMO. Especially after 3 years...

CMJ
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:30:28 AM
I almost blew up at Mr. Bowen last night. His days are numbered.....

I kinda went off on him this morning though...;)

JMK
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:34:21 PM
It would certainly seem that he's on borrowed time. When he first joined the board, and he acted this way, I thought it was because he was simply young and immature. Now he's older but is acting exactly the same. He's not going to ever going to amend his ways. I wonder what his response to you will be this time.

Charley
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:24:38 PM
The difference is that you know I'm just being funny, Fett. Our taste in movies is pretty similar, except for you liking From Dusk Till Dawn, and me thinking its the coming of the Antichrist on film. So I rag you in a friendly way (note the :mneh).

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:41:03 PM
Now I missed this because I have been having computer problems since last night, my modem on computer is shot and I am now using my old computer until I can get the other one fixed. Now I haven't read that thread yet, and I will reserve judgement on anything that was said until after I read it, but about banning Jon, I repeat he hasn't broken any rules, being a jerk and making people mad isn't in the rules. Flamming is but I don't think he is flamming anybody right now, he has I admit but not in a while. If we were to ban Jon now then we should have banned Dizzy a few months ago when everybody thought he was being a loudmouth and jerk and he IMO was worst than Jon because he posted in the Long Countdown just to irritate the rest of but as David kept repeating to me he never did anything wrong to ban him so all we can do is talk to him and thats all. If you want I will have a talk with him and I have a few ideas about what we can say or you CMJ can communicate my thoughts to him either way is fine with me.

ReaperFett
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:19:25 PM
The difference is that you know I'm just being funny, Fett
You used smileys though :)

Nupraptor
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:52:29 PM
I think you have horrid tastes in film, but I'm pretty sure I never attacked you personally for it. :)

Edit ~ Ok, Jon just completely bashed someone else's post, saying how horrible their writing is - simply because he didn't like the style the person wrote it in. I made a comment to him about it.

ReaperFett
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:09:43 PM
I think you have horrid tastes in film, but I'm pretty sure I never attacked you personally for it
It depends on the person :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:54:31 PM
Well Jon is at it again in this thread

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20792

He really said some bad things to FLMKR4EB, I responded back to him pretty nicely mostly though about the whole teenager not going to see Road to Predition issue. It got me mad when I saw it but I decided not to say anything too harsh.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:26:12 PM
well FLMKR4EB just PM about Jon and I agree with him

First I appologize for posting something hasty and rash. The last thing I want to do is alienate others. But Jonathan is really pissing me off. Insulting my rating system, myself, and my family, as well as other board members. He's being such a brat. What can be done? And can I help punish him?

He did insult his brother which was rather cruel, I tried to tell Jon to stop but didn't want to do more until CMJ read it all, but hes been offline for a while, so I guess we will have to deal with this tomorrow.

JMK
Jul 14th, 2002, 01:45:09 PM
Sure he isn't breaking any rules, but how will this place look when he's pissed everyone off (he's close to acheiving that now) and it's just him and the staff left posting? He's making this place miserable for a lot of posters, especially FILMKER4EB who seems to have a lot of value to say. Jon likes to sell his opinions as facts and predictions like gospel, but the truth is he offends everyone in the process.

CMJ
Jul 14th, 2002, 03:30:11 PM
Dude...he is REALLY pissing me off. I absolutely LOVED Scott's(FLMR4EB) reply to him.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:04:22 PM
I did too, and I told him as much when he PMed me about it, well Jon kind of apologized barely, did anybody PM today? I am just am wondering what made him do that, unless he realized that his comments were stupid. Hopefully this crisis is over but its getting ridiculous lately its been the Jon watch every day he says something stupid.

CMJ
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:18:50 PM
As far as I'm concerned Jonathan doesn't have too many more chances.

Every FRICKIN day he's pissing someone off. Scott basically told me to ban him if I could. Jonathan is on a really bad streak right now...and nearly everytime he posts I get more and more frustrated with him.

What exactly should I say to him this time?

And if nothing works...when do we begin to seriously consider banning him?

Nupraptor
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:40:23 PM
Honestly, I don't think much can be done, when it comes to Jonathan. If you say, "Cut out the crap or you're going to be banned", he'll get indignant and start a huge rant on how it's not his fault, he has just as much a right to say what he thinks as everyone else, etc.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:42:01 PM
To ban him we would have to vote on it, really that is the only way and it would have to be a majority. And the voting would be by us, JMK, Reaper, Shawn, and Ogre all 6 of us would have to vote on, I think. And right now if we didn't count the admins (I have no clue which way they would go even though I know Shawn doesn't like Jon) it would 2-1, with myself going either way, right now I am personally leaning to banning but I am thinking about maybe lighter punishment maybe supending him for a week and telling him why.

Also Scott has a couple of ideas first he has this to say
The thing is, I have no qualms with him at all, he just leads these outrageous attacks on me. Its just aggrevating. I wish he and I could talk it out, but man, he doesn't take an opinion very well unless it is his own. Seriously, I've never felt the need to antagonize him or attack him, he just comes at me, you can see it in the posts. If you want to relay messages for me or something, just tell him that I have no problem with him if he just calms down and learns to talk things out, not attack.

He also wonders if we could
just trying to subdue him, maybe open a message for everyone to confront him and say, please stop, we don't want you banned, but we don't want to read your bull anymore. Whatever, I trust your judgement.

Could we do this latter thing without looking like its gang up time on Jon. I can think of a few poster who might just do that.

Lastly I first think he needs to be told that it is not right to call people's names and that his actions towards Scott were wrong, maybe you need to tell him that straight and not take the other approach where it looks like we are just warning him about what others are saying.

Shawn
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:03:38 PM
I am thinking about maybe lighter punishment maybe supending him for a week and telling him why.Actually, that's sort of what I was thinking about.

Yes, Jon aggrivates the hell out of me sometimes. But I don't want to outright ban him. I do enjoy having a good argument, every now and then. And, no matter how much he ticked me off, I wouldn't want to ban him for it: After all, if he were bothering me *that* much, I could just stop visiting the BO forum. But I feel kind of bad for Scott here, especially being a new poster.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:11:21 PM
Still, I think CMJ should pm him again and see what happens, but if he does something stupid like this again, I think a supension is something we should really think about.

JMK
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:41:03 PM
I pm'ed Scott today and he replied saying that he didn't want Jon banned if we could help it, but is already aggrevated with him. I'm sure we're talking to a brick wall here. Anything we say to him will just be thrown back in our faces and he'll say others are against him. He just won't heed any warning from anyone and certainly won't stop being his arrogant self. I think a suspension could be in order. I like that idea.

CMJ
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:45:55 PM
How the hell can we break that news to him?

"Jonathan, the administaration of this board has been recieving numerous complaints as of late. Many things were brought up and it has been decided tht you should take a week sabatical from the board. This is NOT a ban, just a cooling off period for all those involved."

Even something as calm as that will PISS Mr. Bowen off mightily. I can ONLY imagine how badly he's gonna tear into me.

Courtland, the sacrifical lamb. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:49:17 PM
If we suspened him I think an admin should send him the notice because they are higher up and since Jon knows how Shawn feels about him (I guess) might have to be Ogre since he is probably the most neutral person on the staff towards him.

JMK
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:52:58 PM
If it were to come to that, then the PM and suspension should be simulataneous. He should receive the PM saying he's suspended, get angry, try to reply only to find that he can't. I think that would be the best way to go about it. He would have no choice but to simmer down for however long the suspension lasts.

CMJ
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:55:36 PM
Maybe send the Suspension in an email? If we suspended him and PM'd him at the same time, he wouldn't even get to read the message and thus REALLY become enraged. ;)

Shawn
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:15:17 PM
There's different types of restrictions that could be used for a suspension. You could simply allow him to view everything on the board, but not be allowed to post.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:15:41 PM
Still, it would have to be voted on right, or does it?

JMK
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:15:35 PM
Amazing, he hasn't infuriated anyone in the past 2 days. A miracle in the works?

ReaperFett
Jul 17th, 2002, 03:30:23 PM
Nah, people just havent retaliated. He did make a comment about the Guilder that could have got Dutchy annoyed, but he just joked and carried on, like a good little poster :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 17th, 2002, 07:58:48 PM
I just hope he stays this way, maybe CMJ and the rest of us have gotten through to him, though I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

CMJ
Jul 17th, 2002, 09:06:04 PM
Well he does go through phases, he now seems to be on one of his less antagonistic ones.

TheHolo.Net
Jul 17th, 2002, 09:09:54 PM
Maybe some other people have started using the vBulletin ignore poster feature. Its kind of a shame we can't see who is the most ignored person on the boards is through the software. :lol

JMK
Jul 17th, 2002, 10:30:24 PM
You could always create a thread asking that very question...;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 17th, 2002, 11:31:25 PM
I bet Jon is up there. I would ignore him, if I wasn't a mod but I figure I have to keep an eye on him, lets hope he doesn't cause anymore trouble. One thing I was ready to antagonism him about Jonh Q, he said he didn't really like it and I wonder if it had anything to do with the health care issue that was in the movie, I thought about bringing that up but then I figured I better not I will let him start it, hopefully he won't.

JMK
Jul 18th, 2002, 10:13:58 AM
I agree, as fun as it can be sometimes to antagonize him, if he's going to get himself in trouble, let him do it on his own accord.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 19th, 2002, 10:47:26 AM
Did Jon say that he liked Eight Legged Freaks just to antagonize the rest of us? Because I know of nobody who wants to see it and it has been getting the worst reviews of any movie this summer. I think he is doing this to start trouble, or has very bad taste, or been smoking what ever Ebert has been smoking :p I replied to but didn't say anything too bad just that I wouldn't waste my time to go see it.

Sanis Prent
Jul 19th, 2002, 06:10:13 PM
But I wanna see that one...

ReaperFett
Jul 19th, 2002, 06:24:33 PM
Well in that case Carr, better ban me quick, because I occasionally have independant thoughts.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 19th, 2002, 10:54:27 PM
No I was just wondering if he was doing it because FLMKR4EB came out so negative against it, he did slightly attack him in that thread nothing to severe just calling him a poor critic again, that is why I am wondering if that is his reasons there. Well he hasn't said anything too bad though, so maybe he is going through one of his calm periods thank god.

JMK
Jul 20th, 2002, 09:54:27 AM
Jon is probably someone who likes to hear his own voice heard. He likes to be the one making noise and drawing attention. Let him do his thing, but if he steps out of line again, we'll do something.

I think.
:rolleyes

ReaperFett
Jul 20th, 2002, 09:58:56 AM
I think he just enjoys talking about movies.

JMK
Jul 20th, 2002, 12:25:36 PM
I don't hear him talk all that often about movies themselves, mostly about their B.O. performance, and whether the movie "rocks" or "blows".

ReaperFett
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:23:22 PM
Still talking about them ;)

JMK
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:46:17 PM
Yeah, you're right. On a technicality. :p
I'd be able to handle his tantrums a little better if he actually argued about the movie(s) and not just say "this movie is just plain useless". Or offer up what his sister, dad, mom and his friends thought of it! Dammit man! Debate with some substance!

ReaperFett
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:50:15 PM
Who you shouting at JMK? THe man who doesnt post here? :)

I do follow though

JMK
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:22:39 PM
Splendid.

ReaperFett
Jul 25th, 2002, 08:32:50 AM
Well, he may be gone now

JMK
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:20:31 AM
He's giving us the break we all wanted. He'll be back soon enough though. His dad will buy him a new computer and he'll be before everyone has finished saying bye to him...

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:30:38 AM
Yeah I doubt he be gone for more than a month. I have no clue what he did to his computer though, he must have messed around with it somehow, I have had computer problems before but nothing that wasn't fixable. Of course I know there are things you can do that could really destroy the hard drive like messing around with the registry if you have no idea what you are doing.

JMK
Jul 25th, 2002, 02:04:19 PM
The computer I'm on here at home is on its way out. It usually takes me 15-20 tries before the power switch catches and boots the computer up. That's not a good sign. Someday soon the computer isn't going to come on anymore and I'll be cut off from the world forever! Unlike Jon though, I've already begun moving my important files to zip disks (unreliable I know, but I don't have a cd burner).

ReaperFett
Jul 25th, 2002, 02:11:25 PM
Ive got too much to move, sadly

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 25th, 2002, 09:23:09 PM
That is why I keep the computer on all the time, so I won't have to worry about for a while, I am still not sure how much it effects the electric bill. I also have a zip drive, and most of the time I backup my important stuff on them.

JMK
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:17:50 PM
Having your computer on 24/7 won't affect your electric bill that much at all. If you find its suddenly gone off, do other things like unplugging a couple of unnecessary clocks in the house, you'll save more than if you went through the hassle of powering your computer on and off all the time.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:23:41 PM
I didn't think it did, than I am guessing your computer is older right? Or do you have a faulty hard drive?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:36:13 PM
Okay I am warning everybody I basically gave it to Jon about Signs, he came up with the most idiotic reason why he hated it and then he said Resident Evil was better, well I told them basically what I thought about his ideas without calling him an idiot or moron like he does, if he comes back and start calling him names though I am going to rip him part I don't care, I am tired of his arrogant opinions, he basically was saying that we were stupid that it wasn't as good as we said especially about the whole religious thing, I don't like that kind of arrogant attitude.

CMJ
Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:53:00 AM
I didn't think your response was very harsh at all. I found HIS reply to you yto be rather comical in it's stupidity. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:21:15 AM
Thanks I didn't think it was very harsh, but I know how Jon is and was thinking he might go balistic, but he didn't and like you said he's answers were stupid, part of it is the faith issue which he seems to have a big problem with for some reason, and why does he bring up Count of Monte Cristo all the time?? I liked the movie but man he brings it up lately in half of his arguments.

JMK
Aug 5th, 2002, 07:12:58 PM
He really has very few arguments of substance, especially when it comes to faith. His "faith" lies in his daddy's bank accounts.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 5th, 2002, 10:02:45 PM
LOL that is true, and man did he sure get a new computer quick and a really expensive one at that, no wonder he doesn't want to move out on his own :p

JMK
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:44:01 AM
Something else I find really strange about him is that he claims to be the greatest box office analyst. But he doesn't join in with our contest? I wouldn't believe that he has no time to do that. Hell, he had time to see AotC 50 times! I think its because if he doesn't play, he can't lose.
Couple this with the fact that he hardly ever discusses a movie, and we get one kid who just shoots his mouth off. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:44:48 AM
He said at one time he would, so either he forgot or is afraid that it would make him look bad, take your pick there, though I am guessing the latter.

JMK
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:13:59 PM
In the 300M thread, this guy Dogsmack is being quite frank with him, and IMO, he's pretty much right on. I like to watch Jon grasp at straws. As much as I love SW, I find it absurd to look for so many strange and off the wall ways to defend AotC's B.O. performance when its clear that Spider Man beat AotC in every way this summer.

ReaperFett
Aug 6th, 2002, 01:17:59 PM
Dogsmack is doing exactly what Jon does. Dont support him

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 6th, 2002, 04:41:22 PM
I am not I suspect he is a basher, he has never posted before and I have noticed his name, I think he has been lurking and now he has decided to get some courage and I think Jon is making it worse with him, I am trying to counter him by saying that Spiderman was the it movie of 2002 and still saying that I think the general public liked both films, but I think Jon is going to keep this guy around.

JMK
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:15:59 AM
I'm not going to encourage him in the threads, but I still think he's right.

CMJ - according to Mr. Bowen whoever taught you your definition of high concept should be fired because that isn't the definition whatsoever.

Typical.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2002, 12:22:44 PM
Yeah but he got me mad when he said that the last two SW movies basically stink, hopefully he won't post again because I think he might be a troll in the making, right now he is just a lurker, and I hope he stays that way otherwise we might get a flame war here. Also I thankful that we don't have to worry about the trolls like theforce.net boards do, I went over there and there a couple that I wouldn't put up with over here and might think about banning because they are just so rude and spiteful.

JMK
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:29:31 PM
I personally don't foresee this guy becoming much of a problem because he'll probably be shown the door before it gets too escalated.

Unless Dogsmack is another admin jerking our collective chains again. ;)

Nupraptor
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:31:30 PM
Don't look at me! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2002, 07:14:58 PM
LOL, I doubt he is, I suspect he is a lurker, he will hopefully not even post again, especially if Jon keeps his mouth shut in that thread.

CMJ
Aug 8th, 2002, 12:45:36 PM
Yeah Kyle, I have to say the High Concept thing made him look rather foolish. I was gonna whip out some quotes from books backing me up...but why bother?

JMK
Aug 9th, 2002, 07:34:42 AM
Yeah, then he would just say the person who wrote the book is an outright idiot and that isn't the definition by any means. This kid is soooo thick headed it's nuts.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 9th, 2002, 10:27:08 AM
I can only imagine how he was at college he probably called the professor some names and got kicked out of class a few times, that is probably why he is no longer in college.

JMK
Aug 9th, 2002, 10:59:15 AM
Probably figures he should be the prof...

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:58:54 PM
LOL, maybe which school did he go to? I know it was in LA, but didn't know which one.

CMJ
Aug 11th, 2002, 08:43:31 AM
Loyola Maramount...kind of a prestigious private school.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 11th, 2002, 01:55:59 PM
Yeah it is, I wonder if he will go back to school.

CMJ
Aug 13th, 2002, 08:39:21 PM
Eh maybe. I really doubt he's gonna do the film thing though. Eb and I figure he'll be running his Dad's buisness instead. :)

Give him 5-10 more years. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 13th, 2002, 09:34:15 PM
That to me would make sense, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few books published or something but I have my doubt he would get into film.

JMK
Aug 14th, 2002, 07:48:00 AM
That's all this world needs! :lol

CMJ
Aug 14th, 2002, 08:15:30 AM
I don't think the kid would be willing to start out at the bottom. It's kind of a humbling experience lemme tell you.

JMK
Aug 14th, 2002, 01:39:46 PM
Would he even have to start at the bottom? Daddy dearrest would hook him up with a cool billion to finance his project.

ReaperFett
Aug 14th, 2002, 01:48:03 PM
So, this threads turned into an insult one, yeah?

JMK
Aug 14th, 2002, 02:45:23 PM
No, more like a little good-spirited, much-needed venting thread.:)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:09:35 PM
LOL, I guess that is why this thread has gotten so long.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 18th, 2002, 09:13:03 PM
Well Jon is at it again, he has been making rude comments towards everyone because he thinks we are wrong and he is right, though a few posters are pushing back which could be good or bad, that last post by Morgan might push Jon to flaming so watch out there, I guess if that happens maybe we should close that thread because it will start becoming a Jon kicking thread and there should only be one of those ;)

JMK
Aug 19th, 2002, 07:32:27 AM
Yeah, Jon posted his typical "This movie rocks, it is better than this, that and the other, period." But it was guys like Morgan and some other dude who fired the first personal shots. Of course now Jon is going to retort back with calling anyone who disagrees a moron. And his money & power = happiness is a pretty lame bit too. We'll just have to see where this one goes and if the thread will have to be closed.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 19th, 2002, 03:20:51 PM
Well he hasn't responded yet, and the thread is starting to die, hopefull Jon doesn't try to give it some life. Also I did like what Jedieb said in another thread he really hit back at Jon's crap about not going to college and being a CEO.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:23:20 PM
*read the whole thing*

Wow. ^_^;

CMJ
Oct 14th, 2002, 01:53:23 PM
What are you crying for LD?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2002, 02:18:00 PM
That isn't crying, that's sweat. :cry = cry ^_^; = overwhelmed/embarrassed/whatever you like. :) Now you know.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:14:58 PM
Yeah Jon can overwhelm the best of us :p Bye the way welcome abord :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:50:58 PM
Thanks :) If you ever need help with Jon, I'll be the one running in the other direction.... ;)

ReaperFett
Oct 14th, 2002, 04:58:56 PM
But LD, you can be our insider! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 14th, 2002, 05:31:55 PM
LOL but I think CMJ has Jon under control ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2002, 09:16:39 PM
;) Thanks a LOT Fett! :x Well I finally unblocked him from AIM, so maybe I'll start chatting with him again... :uhoh

Master Yoghurt
Oct 15th, 2002, 06:37:15 AM
I talk to Jon occasionally on AIM, mostly about movies and box office and such. He seems cool, and I dont think he intentionally wants to cause trouble, although he seems to like arguing his points across when he thinks he is right at the forums. It is more a matter of social anthennas needing some adjustment.

Taylor Millard
Oct 15th, 2002, 07:01:17 AM
*Shakes head*

All right...interesting thread...And I thought being a mod at RPing was tough :lol

ReaperFett
Oct 15th, 2002, 01:13:03 PM
In a way, I see him like Itala. He can be both a problem and a benefit to the place.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 15th, 2002, 07:45:44 PM
Well I blocked him because he made me angry. :) He made a comment in a thread (I think it was about MBFGW) about how I had no room to talk about anything because HE had seen ALL the movies, and...well anyway I didn't appreciate being slammed after listening to him whine about how girls suck on AIM for days on end. ;)

But thats water under the bridge now. *adjusts her 'counselor' badge and awaits her clients* :p

CMJ
Oct 15th, 2002, 08:09:34 PM
LOL! Well, Jonathan has been pretty mild for a couple of weeks now. I think he's too busy with school to come on much. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:07:26 PM
Yeah whinning about school :p Seriously he has said anything rude in a few weeks, but that will change I am sure.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 30th, 2002, 12:08:16 PM
Well we spoke too soon, Jon is at it again, he is sprouting his garbage all over the board, I already got one complaint, here is the thread

http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=411704

I stepped in told him it was wrong what he was telling others that there opinions were wrong, but knowing Jon he is going to bring forth hell on me. Now what should we do about this? Anybody here want to take a jab at talking to him?

JMK
Oct 30th, 2002, 08:20:47 PM
Is there really any more point? Talking to him won't work, it'll just make him more irate. There's 2 things we can do other than talk to him.

Ban him, which I think is too harsh in this case
or
Have those that are sick of him to click ignore and never read his posts. He's far too immature to be dealt with in a rational matter. Let him throw his weight around and hope no one really flames him and escalates this. Although the flames are already being fanned....

:rolleyes

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 30th, 2002, 10:56:11 PM
Maybe we need to consdier giving him an ultimative telling him that the posters on the board are tired of being called morons and that he needs to behave better or else. I think we should wait until he responds to that thread, I want to see how he reacts since me, jjwr, and Dutchy have all called him down for his rudeness.
Now if that doesn't work we could ban him as for reasons he drives people away. jjwr, told me that one of the reasons he left was because of Jon, how many other posters do you think he drove away, I had wondered if the reason Filmkereb didn't post more was because of him (he said he was busy so this might not apply to him) but still his rants might make people mad and they may not want to bother posting. Maybe we need to tell him this as well. Finally who should be the messenger here? I will do it, if I have to do but I was hoping CMJ might take up the task, I am guessng he is very busy though and may not be around to do it. Any thoughts here?

JMK
Oct 30th, 2002, 11:02:07 PM
I really don't know what to do about him. It's plainly clear that he will never change his tune. He will always post his opinions in an agressive manner. Stuff like "That movie is horrid, stupid, useless trash and I don't respect anyone who likes it" is always going to be his calling card. I'm not sure what course of action to take, but I'm open to ideas...

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 30th, 2002, 11:08:28 PM
We could think about suspending him from the board first, not sure if that will work.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 31st, 2002, 12:23:14 PM
Jon sure hasn't responded to that thread, makes you wonder why :rolleyes. Since he hasn't said more should we just wait for his next outburst? I don't want to do anything a day after, I would rather do it when it happens or right after.

JMK
Oct 31st, 2002, 04:44:55 PM
Give him time, there are some out there who are starting to lash out and some that are reeeeeally biting their tongues...

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 31st, 2002, 10:50:13 PM
I liked what jjwr and Dutchy both said to him, they really gave it to him and Jedieb's well his was hilarious :p

CMJ
Nov 4th, 2002, 12:17:37 AM
Sorry guys...I was gone for the Homecoming festivities....

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 4th, 2002, 04:49:32 PM
You didn't miss much just Jon being Jon :p At least the other posters shut him up, I thought for sure I was going to have to give him some kind of ultimative the way he was going.

CMJ
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:37:48 AM
No wait...now you have one of Jonathan's best ever manifesto's, complete with a talk about Oregon seceding from the Union.

To slightly alter a quote about South Carolina when it seceded from the USA..."Oregon is too small to be a country...too large to be an insane asulymn".

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:31:14 PM
I just read that, god that was one of most crazy posts ever, and of course he ends it with it basically saying I am right and everybody who likes that film is stupid. Man what should we do about him, he is so irrating. I am going to respond to that post have to ask him if he supported the South in the Civil War. But his attitude his awful, but can we ban him? Sure I think most of the board would celebrate if we banned him. But has he done enough to ban him. We banned Gue but for a lot more than what Jon has done. Still his crap wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else, he has already been banned on CC.net. And theforce.net would ban him if he started this crap. So the question is what can we do? Any Suggestions?

ReaperFett
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:41:16 PM
To slightly alter a quote about South Carolina when it seceded from the USA..."Oregon is too small to be a country...too large to be an insane asulymn".
One of the Mods is about to kill you ;)

Nupraptor
Nov 5th, 2002, 02:30:02 PM
Not to pull rank here, but...

At any other messageboard I've been to, it's considered plain idiocy to insult an admin unprovoked.

CMJ
Nov 5th, 2002, 02:52:05 PM
It was intended at Jonathan guys...:p

ReaperFett
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:02:16 PM
I know it was, but I can still joke about the fact a Mod may now want to kill you :)

JMK
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:14:13 PM
Maybe Gue did more, but there's only one member here than can spawn a 5-page thread about how much of a disruption he can be...

CMJ
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:17:12 PM
ROTFLMAO Kyle!

JMK
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:38:34 PM
As funny as that may be, I think that it illustrates a point...
:)

CMJ
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:47:46 PM
No doubt my friend...:)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:20:38 PM
*:headbash CMJ!*

j/k I'm not really from Oregon, I just live here...

:lol I cannot believe Jonathan....its beyond crazy all the things he's said.

JMK
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:26:59 PM
Call me crazy, but I've always wanted to visit Portland.

I've said it before, a book could be written solely of quotes from Jon's posts. Some of the stuff he comes up with is astounding.

CMJ
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:36:08 PM
Seriously this may be the all-time Bowen rant though. I mean secession!

I *KNOW* it's Jonathan, but I still can't believe it!

Nupraptor
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:38:22 PM
Quite frankly, I'm just about fed up with him. But it's your guys' call.

JMK
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:59:14 PM
So it's just not us, is it?! He really is doing something wrong...

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:16:05 PM
Right now, we have two votes I think we either give him an ultimative telling him that we are tired how he treats others and that we have given a lot of latitute or we suspend for a certain number of time. We could let it go but it would just be delaying the inveitable because he will just go on another one of his rants.

JMK
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:13:30 PM
I would second a suspension at the very next outburst, which can really happen at any minute. A couple weeks in the cooler ought to do.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:09:30 AM
Maybe with the suspension we could give him an ultimative telling him why he was suspended and any further insults will get him banned.

CMJ
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:43:16 AM
Good idea...I say LD writes him since he *likes* her. ;)

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:17:11 AM
Aw c'mon, we gotta leave one mod that he likes! :lol You don't want him to hate us all, do you?

Or does LD have to join us in the underworld??? >D

CMJ
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:47:34 AM
I think he's nuetral on me...but Jonathan had a crush on LD several months back. Things always sound better if a pretty girl tells you. ;)

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:06:40 AM
Yeah, that's always true. To twist a Mallrats line: you could tell me I was going to die in 10 minutes and that would be fine as long as a pretty girl tells me.

ReaperFett
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:08:11 AM
I agree. Let LD do it, he'll take it better ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:29:54 AM
:eek WHAT?!

*faints*

*revives slightly* o_O

*faints, a la Scully in Monster's Inc.*

Ok I'll do it, just let me know what you want me to say.

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:37:23 AM
Basically we just want him to knock off his broad insults to people who don't agree with him and to stop stating his opinions as facts. When people call him on these things, he gets more personal. None of us have been able to get him to stop, maybe your female charm can stop him!

ReaperFett
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:51:06 AM
And if that fails, we send CMJ in a dress! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:19:20 PM
LOL I don't think CMJ would go for that :p LD Basically say what JMK said, you can also hint what might happen if he keeps it up.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:30:36 PM
:lol is there any paticular reason why you pick the ONE mod who lives, not only on the same coast and the same state, but the same CITY as him?!

:lol *watches her back for hitmen* Because, he'd never do it himself. :p I'll see what I can come up with. I'm at work all day, so I'll give it some thought, and then post a copy here for youse guys to look over and tweak before I send it to him. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:37:21 PM
I'd say luck :p Also not sure who else to pick, I know he wouldn't listen to me, CMJ has tried, most of the others he doesn't really know or like. The only other possibility is Yoghurt, since he said he has chatted with him before. Go ahead and post what you think of and we will make sure it doesn't look too harsh so he doesn't send a hitman after you :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:43:40 PM
Dear Jonathan,

You suck! You pissed off the entire board! Now, they're gonna ban you if you don't stop calling people morons, you moron! So clean up your act, or you're outta here!

-The Swfans Staff

______

I think it needs refinement... ;) j/k I'll post the real thing here before the end of the day.

ReaperFett
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:47:16 PM
I think that sounds good :)

CMJ
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:05:00 PM
I think that response rocks LD! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:41:54 PM
:lol well, I try :o

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:23:12 PM
JonathanLB,

It has come to the attention of the staff that your abrasive behavior on the boards is not getting any better as time goes on. In light of the current situation (insert newest link to a manifesto flare-up), it has been decided by the Staff that you will be suspended from the boards for two weeks. During the two week suspension you will not be able to access the boards in any fashion, but afterwards your full posting rights will be re-established. This will take place immediately.

The reasons for this suspension are as follows:

1. Continually stating your opinion as fact, and being disrespectful to fellow posters when they disagree with your opinion. Sometimes you state something as an opinion, but then when someone disagrees, you respond with 15 pages of text on why they are stupid, and your opinion is the only right opinion. This is not only blatantly rude, but it can drive away newer posters, not to mention making the existing ones angry at you.

2. Using personal attacks on fellow posters. This also falls under the first catagory, as most of these reasons are interlinked. Its quite all right to make a fool out of yourself, but using rude terminology and pointed statements to try and make others look like morons is not acceptible. In fact, it only makes them mad. Personal attacks are no substitute for a well thought out rebuttal. On many occasions something you have stated has been thoughtfully disagreed with in an intelligent manner, and you have retorted with "Well obviously you're not as smart as I am, and need to re-learn how actual people in the real world think, because you're all backwards." <--not an actual statement, but a fairly good representation of how you sound.

All in all, we will welcome you back in two weeks, and hope that this time off will allow you to concentrate on school, reviews, and learning how to become a helpful member of our online community.

-The SWFans Staff

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:24:11 PM
I have spelling mistakes. >_< Too tired right now to fix.. :x

Nupraptor
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:31:23 PM
There's a spellcheck button. :)

Might want to remove the paraphrase... that'll likely incite him. Also, as a heads up, he's bound to try and retort your points and claim other people are to blame, as well. He's done it before. Just tell him that it's already done, and he has 2 weeks to think on it.

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:40:51 PM
Well done LD!

And like Nupraptor, I can guarantee you he will try and bring others down with him! If you don't want to deal with that, just add that there is no point in trying to argue it or point anything else out, it's on, and see ya in 2 weeks!

CMJ
Nov 6th, 2002, 09:09:33 PM
Damn, that's really good Holly.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2002, 10:51:07 PM
I think that is very good, let us know his response, hopefully he doesn't attack you too harshly.

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:06:12 PM
And if he does jump down your throat, we'll all go to Oregon and feed him his keyboard!

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:09:09 PM
Yay! ^_^; I try to keep the peace, and I'll take out the paraphrase, EVEN THOUGH ITS TRUE!! And I'll run the spell check..*grumblgrumble*

Let me know when you want me to send it off. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:30:14 PM
I'd say tomorrow. I am curious though how does the suspension work? Does he get suspended before she PM's her or does that happen after he reads the message?

JMK
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:58:23 PM
I know this has to be done eventually, and now is as good a time as any, but does anyone else think that we could have acted a little quicker? I mean it's been a couple days since the outbursts. Shouldn't a suspension be levied asap after the incident? I'm not saying we shouldn't send it, because he needs a wake up call, just for next time I think we should act a little quicker. Do I make any sense at all? ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:12:55 AM
I would say wait for next time, and PM me right away and let me know when to send it. Ic an email it to him, and then you don't have to worry about him not getting the PM because he was banned.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:19:07 AM
That sounds like a good plan, he may respond in that last thread pretty soon knowing him.

JMK
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:38:26 AM
Just thought of this-- what about his NFL picks? :lol

I agree. At the very next outburst, either PM LD, or if you actually see it yourself LD, just send it off. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:54:47 AM
I'll let you guys make the call. Lemme get a finished copy of that up in here, so I can just copy/paste.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:13:34 AM
JonathanLB,

It has come to the attention of the staff that your abrasive behavior on the boards is not getting any better as time goes on. In light of the current situation (insert newest link to a manifesto flare-up), it has been decided by the Staff that you will be suspended from the boards for two weeks. During the two week suspension you will not be able to access the boards in any fashion, but afterwards your full posting rights will be re-established. This will take place immediately.

The reasons for this suspension are as follows:

1. Continually stating your opinion as fact, and being disrespectful to fellow posters when they disagree with your opinion. Sometimes you state something as an opinion, but then when someone disagrees, you respond with 15 pages of text on why they are stupid, and why your opinion is the only right opinion. This is not only blatantly rude, but it can drive away newer posters, not to mention making the existing ones angry at you.

2. Using personal attacks on fellow posters. This also falls under the first category, as these reasons are interlinked. Its quite all right to make a fool out of yourself, but using rude terminology and pointed statements to try and make others look like morons is not acceptable. In fact, it only makes them mad. Personal attacks are no substitute for a well thought out rebuttal. On many occasions something you have stated has been thoughtfully disagreed with in an intelligent manner, and you have retorted with highly inflammatory remarks about peoples' intelligence levels, and even their sexuality.

All in all, we will welcome you back in two weeks, and hope that this time off will allow you to concentrate on school, reviews, and learning how to become a helpful member of our online community.

-The SWFans Staff

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:14:20 AM
I'm so tired, I can't find any misspelled words now.. :x

JMK
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:20:34 AM
I found one I found one!
I hope you don't mind, but I'll change it myself if you're going to split for the night.

There. Done. Acceptible is spelt with an 'a' instead of an 'i'.

:D :angel

TheHolo.Net
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:31:54 AM
One other error; "flamatory" isn't a word, its "inflammatory".

Other than that, I approve.

Someone so argumentative should probably be banned by both IP and username for the 2 week period else he may try.......wait....if he does try to come in under another name to argue, then you guys would have ample reson to boot him for good, which might not be a bad thing. :lol

CMJ
Nov 7th, 2002, 09:46:59 AM
LOL! :smokin

Master Yoghurt
Nov 7th, 2002, 10:56:05 AM
Looks good. It would be best to send it right after the next outburst.

If you like though, I could talk to him on AIM, moderating his attitude a bit.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:19:34 AM
Thanks JMK and Swfans. :)

JMK
Nov 7th, 2002, 11:56:35 AM
Bienvenue. ;)

Master Yoghurt
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:03:37 PM
Hey, you did not thank me! :)

Ok, ok. Here is one:

"This also falls under the first catagory"
It is spelt "category"

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:40:29 PM
That sounds like a good plan Yog, that way he won't try to come back and give us a rant why we are all morons:p

JMK
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:39:25 PM
I just wanted to leave some for you guys! ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:45:12 PM
ok thanks Yog! ;)

*curses her late night spelling*

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2002, 05:46:54 AM
He's, um......going

Master Yoghurt
Nov 8th, 2002, 06:45:24 AM
Yeah, he is taking an extended forum break. I talked to him earlier, and he acknowledged the problems. He was reluctant to admit faults on his account though. He concluded, although he generally really likes posting here, the flaming ruined it and distracted him from thinking about other things he likes, such as writing reviews, working on his website, studying etc

JMK
Nov 8th, 2002, 09:55:17 AM
So he left without having to send the message?
Wow.
I think it'll do him some good, hopefully when he decides to return he'll be a little more tolerant with his posting.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:29:01 PM
:cry I put a lot of work into that!

But, it's better that it's voluntary.

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2002, 01:34:16 PM
Thanks for doing it anyway though