Thread: A calm Corascant night (James, open)

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude

A calm Corascant night (James, open)

The night had settled over this are of the city planet like a thick blanket. The sun was gone and the stars filled the sky in it's place. The light of a thousand buildings lit the streets where a long figure was walking. The man was clothed in all black. A black cloak wrapped around his shoulders with a hood over his head which shadowed his face. Two glowing red eyes looked out from the shadow of the hood.

The man was heavily armed. A Katana was strapped to his back and various other smaller weapons where located around his body, some visable and others hidden. One of the hidden weapons was a lightsabre and it's location was unknown to all except the man.

That man was none other then Zereth Lancer, Knight and mighty warrior of the sith order. Who's skill and power where known across corellia. Though such things would not gain him much here on Corascant. He had come back to Corascant to search for any remnants of Zanon O'Hara, but he found none. Satisfied that the mad scientist had finaly fled the planet, Zereth had headed to his favorite Tavern here on Corascant, 'The Hapen Princess". He'd enjoyed a drink and then went back out into the dark night for some fresh air.

He was in a good mood, he felt like he should do something fun for a change. Perhaps a fight would add a but of excitement to the night. Oh but there where few in the Galaxy will skill to match his own. He needed a real challenge, and the only challenging people to fight are Jedi, and he knew how to find one. Or, as he liked it, make them find him.

Oh, there were a few ways to get a Jedi to come to him. A jedi would feel a mass murder or such but that was too sloppy for Zereth. Instead he found wall to lean against and then he projected his dark force signature as loud and as far as he could. Any Jedi within a half mile or so would feel him and, if Zereth assumed right, would come to find out who or what was projecting dark force energy.

To give help, a way, a place, and a hope to those who don't or have lost it.
    | | | | |

TheHolo.Net Poster

The namana berries taste like namana berries!

AKA
    Holly
    She was hurrying along, trying to light a stim as she headed to a place she could catch a taxi. James had just been visiting her adoptive parents, possibly for the last time. They had been swept along in the recent burst of negative press that Force users had been getting, and had spent the entire dinner arguing strenuously with her.

Her mother wanted her to stop being a Jedi (as if it were even possible, or an option), and her father just wanted to know all the sordid details of the corrupt Jedi Order. She had spent much of the evening in silence and her parents had ended up more than mortified at her stubborness to change.

She'd quit smoking, but the evening had been so unexpectedly stressful that she'd had to hit a corner market and buy a pack of cheap stims. The slight narcotic stimulant (perfectly legal) was just what she needed to calm her nerves. It was an unfortunate crutch, and she'd crush the pack and throw it down the refresher tomorrow, but for now she was just interested in sucking the life out of a stim.

The stim caught, and a little red cherry glowed at the end of it as she rounded a corner. It was dark, but she knew these 'streets' well, since she'd grown up in the neighborhood. She wasn't, however, expecting a man to be leaning against a wall, so she bumped into him and coughed up a cloud of smoke in her surprise. "Oh, I'm sorry, my fault. Wasn't payin' attention."

and if you go, furious angels will bring you back to me

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Something knocked into Zereth with a cloud of smoke and a mess of curses. Zereth almost fell over but managed to twist his wrist in a way that caused the spring loaded climbing spike on the palm of his glove to pop out and then he slammed his hand against the wall and he stopped himelf from the fall. The movement, though, caused the side of his cloak to fall open revealing the lightsabre hilt that hung from his belt.

"Watch where your going," He said angrily as he brushed himself off and carefuly returned the climbing spike into its spring loaded case "Someone might have gotten hurt." If Zereth had worn his spring loaded wrist blade tonight be might have removed the woman's head why flailing to grab the wall.

Zereth looked at the woman as he pulled his cloak back into place to hide his lightsabre from view. She looked ordinary enough but when he reached out through the force he could feel something there. He wasn't sure if she was a Jedi. She could just be a force sensitive out for a smoke. He dismissed any notion of her being a jedi. "Have you seen any Jedi about tonight?" He asked casualy.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    James straightened her cloak, silently cursed the loss of her stim, and raised an eyebrow at the man. Either he was a rock climber, or just one of those people you usually see a few more levels lower. Cautious because of things that had been happening around the planet, she answered his question with a question.

"Why are you looking for a Jedi?" She dug in a pocket for the pack of stims, and pulled out another one to light.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Zereth took a step back to get out of the way of the smoke. Nasty stuff really. He didn't know why people did such unhealthy things to their bodies. Taking drugs and smoking stims. Their all just destroying their bodies.

"I have my reasons" He said plainly as a slight breeze picked up and pushed the smoke into his face. He took a step sideways to avoid it. His red eyes looked around the street for a second before returning to the woman "I need a Jedi's help for something" He lied "Something only a jedi could help me with."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She took a step back, and crushed out her stim out of respect for his obvious discomfort. Something wasn't quite right. James reached out with the Force, trying to get a better sense of this stranger as she responded.

"What makes you think I know a Jedi?" She knew she should be more helpful, but for some reason the Force was telling her to be wary.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

"I never said I thought you knew one. I only asked." Zereth could feel something reaching out to him through the force. On instict he raised his mental barriers incase someone tried to get inside his head. "I've been asking everyone I meet on the street tonight. So far none have helped" He said, another lie being told.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Then I see an introduction is in order. I am Jedi Knight James Prent. What seems to be the trouble?" James smiled helpfully, but didn't step any closer.

There was something... wrong about the situation.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

"Aha, I thought I sense the something in you. Now that you have revealed yourself I will show you I shall reveal myself." Zereth said before throwing the sides of his cloak aside to reveal the many weapons that hung from his belt, including his lightsabre. "For you see miss Prent. I amreally not in need of anything. I simply wish to destroy you."

His lightsabre jumped from his belt to his hand and the crimson blade shot from the emitter. "I wish to destroy you, for I am sith." He took a step forward and slashed horizontaly at the Jedi Woman.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    As he swept his cloak aside she was already taking a step backwards and reaching for her lightsaber. When he ignited his blade, she ignited hers as well, it's blue blade illuminating her half of the alleyway.

James blocked the attack as her mind raced. There didn't seem to be any reason behind the attack other than he wanted to kill himself a Jedi, but her thoughts went immediately to her sister. Could this be planned by her?

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

A reason? Zereth hadn't really had a reason. He just wanted to test his new skills and abilities in a real fight. His attack was blocked so he brought his blade back and up and brought it down in an overhead strike.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    James blocked the overhead strike as well, settling into a routine and recalling her training with J'ktal. She used the man's size and weight against him, using her slight, five foot frame to force him to keep moving. Theoretically he would tire out before she would.

Until now she'd kept on the defensive, but she blocked a swing and thrust her hand out, shoving him backwards with the force. "If you are Sith, then who has trained you?" She had felt no Force attacks from him, but she felt that he was indeed Force sensitive.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Zereth stumbling backwards and fell to the ground, but he turned it into a backwards sumersault and ended up back on his feet in a moment. "My master" He started as he brought his sabre back up just incase "Is Je'gan Olra'en. I am Zereth Lancer, Sith knight" He stretched out his left hand towards James and grabed her feet with the force and pulled forward. He shoated something in a langauge James did not understand and charged forwads, throwing barrage of lightning quick slashes at the Jedi.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Mmmm, brains! *munches*

Amused, Mars played the part of audience from a rooftop overlooking the alley, crouched.

He who fights for the sake of fighting, to cut his teeth on a new dish...

The predatory sith watched with intense eyes, and a dropped Force presence. Zereth would have more of a chance noting him, due to their familiarity with each other.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    The name he stated as his master sounded familiar, but it would not be until later that James would uncover that this Je'gan was connected to the Sith Order on Corellia through the testimony of the Mayor of Corellia. At the moment her focus was on survival, and on drawing the battle further down the alley.

She was not intimidated by his shout that she didn't understand, but parried his blows, always turning them aside from their target. With a twist, James pushed his saber aside with hers, and kicked him squarely in the knee with her boot.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

He suddenly felt quite foolish. He had given the Jedi his name and his master's and said that he was sith. He was turning out to be another Rivin. He could not let this Jedi get away.

Zereth took the hit to his knee and then jumped high into the air and over James. He pivoted in the air and landed behind James, facing her back. He quickly brought his sabre up and sliced down in an angle that would take it from the woman's right shoulder to left hip.