Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jedi Camp and it's Residents

Jedi The Jedi Camp and it's Residents

We've done a little RPing in a year and we have gathered a few NPC scientists or Jedi, as well as some location descriptions. As far as a building, it's probably prefab or a reinforced high tech tent (the medical pavillion is one of those). If you've invented an NPC or seen one used, post it here so we can have a reference list.

People

Arlan Solborne - Botanist and professional pain in the arse [here], [here] and [here] {picture}
    He has a hydroponics garden and lab [weather proofed, high-tech tent], spends time teaching padawans about plants when not discovering new uses for the native plant life of Ossus
    Lieutenant Farsi - man in charge from the Alliance Corps of Engineers, Tevit's nemesis. He is Shistavanen.

Locations

Medical Pavillion
    [here]

<strike>The medical facilities on Ossus were better than they had had in the Wheel convoy, if only because everything and everyone was in one place, instead of scattered throughout several different ships. They didn't have proper walls yet, but a large pavilion that had been sprayed with an insulating plastic. It was strong enough to lean against, kept out the bugs and wind, but it wasn't precisely sterile or permanent. A prefab medical building is under construction, but for now the pavilion would do. Inside there were sterile operating rooms created with inflatable plastic rooms and various venting systems, clumped in the middle of the tent like glowing cubes. Blessedly they were, at the moment, unoccupied. Examination rooms were separated from each other by curtains, strung on criss-crossing wires set at about seven feet off the ground. And the ground, of course, had been sealed off completely with a quick drying and self-leveling compound. It was thick but clear, leaving the illusion that one was floating above native grasses and the occasional wildflower.</strike> With the completion and opening of the new Medical
    Building/Hospit this will have been taken down or repurposed

Dormitories
    Two prefab buildings, two stories tall, with dorm rooms. Older padawans/Jedi have their own rooms, younglings and young padawans are housed two to a room. The doors are swooshy. The second dorm building mostly houses the construction crew members, stacked in four to a room. Refreshers are shared.

Miwù Shanmà
    Located about four kilometers from the Jedi Camp up some hardscrabble mountain foothills. It is the settlement founded by Tell Cho to consolidate the Gossam diaspora. In similar state of construction to the Jedi camp, but with more excavation into mountainsides for accommodation. Mentioned here and here.

Anbira's hermitage
    It consists of two acres of farmed plot that's nestled by a ridge to one side and by a small stream to the other side. On the far side from the Jedi Camp there are a stand of trees. One of which is older and sets apart from the other trees. This is where Anbira has set his equipment chest, and where he sleeps. Mentioned here and here.

Zem's tent
    fairly large tent divided into two rooms. One holds a table for receiving guests and discussing matters of the camp. The other is a smaller partition that serves as a sleeping and eating quarters. Mentioned here.

Cizeri quarter
    A plot of land adjacent to the Jedi camp in which a Cizerack C-9979 landing barge and other shuttlecraft have deployed from the galleon Haifa'Iro'Iro and set up a cordon. There is a lot of vehicle traffic and construction here, as numerous prefabricated quarters and other buildings are being constructed. Five hundred Cizeri Jaanni'saari are stationed within the cordon to act as a labor force to aid in construction and humanitarian projects. Mentioned here.
    Last edited by Serena Laran; Mar 13th, 2015 at 10:18:10 AM.

there is no passion; there is serenity
    there is no death; there is the Force

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

Bumping this for eyeballs.

We've got the ancient library just to the side in the jungle being excavated/explored/catalogued, and prefab dorms built for living quarters. Additionally there is a permanent medical facility being built but it is very much under construction at the moment.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    More locations that I've written or been involved with. I'm not sure where any of this orients relative to other things but I suppose we can figure that out here.

Miwù Shanmà - Located about four kilometers from the Jedi Camp up some hardscrabble mountain foothills. It is the settlement founded by Tell Cho to consolidate the Gossam diaspora. In similar state of construction to the Jedi camp, but with more excavation into mountainsides for accomodation. Mentioned here and here.

Anbira's hermitage - It consists of two acres of farmed plot that's nestled by a ridge to one side and by a small stream to the other side. On the far side from the Jedi Camp there are a stand of trees. One of which is older and sets apart from the other trees. This is where Anbira has set his equipment chest, and where he sleeps. Mentioned here and here.

Zem's tent - fairly large tent divided into two rooms. One holds a table for receiving guests and discussing matters of the camp. The other is a smaller partition that serves as a sleeping and eating quarters. Mentioned here.

Cizeri quarter - A plot of land adjacent to the Jedi camp in which a Cizerack C-9979 landing barge and other shuttlecraft have deployed from the galleon Haifa'Iro'Iro and set up a cordon. There is a lot of vehicle traffic and construction here, as numerous prefabricated quarters and other buildings are being constructed. Five hundred Cizeri Jaanni'saari are stationed within the cordon to act as a labor force to aid in construction and humanitarian projects. Mentioned here.

* draw draw draw draw *
    a.k.a. Hunk, a.k.a. "That guy from Wisconsin who never posts"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Probably would have taken over the Galaxy by now, if she wasn't so easily distracted by brightly colored balls of yarn
    AKA
    Andrew
    One thing that would help me is to get a visual on the sort of landscape we're inhabiting. Wookieepedia doesn't go into a lot of detail, but it describes a lush world that was blasted into an irradiated ball of rock by the Cron Supernova some four thousand years ago, and that is only now returning to its former glory. The primary terrains listed are hills, mountains, gorges, forests, and caves.

Are these temperate forests? Steamy jungles? Arid but hardy woodlands? Is the soil rich and loamy, or tough and claylike, or dry and sandy? Is the rock grayish, brownish, or reddish?

When I put deserts, mountains, and forests together in my head, what I end up with is something like Zion National Park in Utah:

Zion1.jpg
    Zion2.jpg

Is that at all on the right track, or are we looking at something more like the Pacific Northwest?

EDIT: A more temperate but no less dramatic possibility would be Zhangjiajie National Forest Park in southeast China:

Zhangjiajie.jpg
    Last edited by Akasha Khan; Feb 27th, 2014 at 12:44:22 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Those first two pictures are spot on for my money. Except, in my head, probably a bit less continuously green and more patchy. I've always described the soil as tough and claylike. Although I expect the soil perhaps richer closer to water where there's greenery.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    I'd envisioned it being more verdant than Zion but I am completely happy with it looking like that, actually.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

I'd always had in mind that there'd be a small abandoned Imperial research facility not far from the library, abandoned when the treaty was signed and Ossus fell into Alliance territory. Naturally any confidential records were destroyed, but it would be nice to have a place like that already established to be retrofitted with newer tech.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Quote Originally Posted by Droo View Post
    I'd always had in mind that there'd be a small abandoned Imperial research facility not far from the library, abandoned when the treaty was signed and Ossus fell into Alliance territory. Naturally any confidential records were destroyed, but it would be nice to have a place like that already established to be retrofitted with newer tech.
    I had mentioned before that the Inquisition had a research facility on Ossus to study the Force Sensitive population. Perhaps that could be used?

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

That would explain why I was thinking of it! Cheers!

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Also in a very important bit of plotting, I have established that the prefabricated dorms have doors that whoosh, not swingy doors.

This has been an important announcement.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    More NPC folk:

Major Untaaura Verratoa: Mistress of the Jaanni'saari battalion. In charge of the Cizerack humanitarian mission. Fairly short, but muscular. Blonde hair kept cropped into an immaculate flat-top. Spotted complexion. Right ear is bobbed an inch short, and has some scarring down the side of her face from getting injured when crushing a pirate base. Speaks curtly and directly in an extremely blunt manner. Has little patience for forrda foolishness, but even less patience for her own troops misbehaving or acting out of order.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    cizcamp.jpg

Crude representation of the Cizeri Jaanni'saari camp. Sorry my paint skills are terrible.
    Last edited by T'yeellaa Meorrrei; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 10:52:21 PM.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-...it?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-...it?usp=sharing

Draft map. Scattered between the Whaladon and the settlement proper are the remnants of the Jedi tent camp. The buildings and roads in grey are under construction.

The Jedi dorms and at least one of the civilian apartment buildings are composed of Compact, Low-Cost, Living Quarters, generally referred to as "cells". The 4m x 4m x 3m standard-size modules can be deployed individually or can be connected to each other. The CLL is configured to provided sleeping, cooking, and bathing facilities for a single human-sized individual. Large-sized CLL modules are 50% larger and are configured for larger species. All CLL modules feature powered pocket door that go "whoosh".
    Each CLL includes integrated water, HVAC, and power systems that are fully functional once attached to an outside source. With a proper foundation, the CLLs can be stacked up to 5 levels high. The water, HVAC, and power systems in large groups can be regulated with utility modules. While exterior finishing attachments are available to give the finished building a more pleasing appearance, these are rarely used and the CLL structures are generally an eyesore.
    Last edited by Sam; Mar 4th, 2014 at 01:22:32 AM.

It's lovely, Sam.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A larrrge penjisss jisss alwajysss welcome!

AKA
    Charley
    Bothawui, or one of her many villas in the Carshoulis Cluster
    I'm in awe over the amount of work you've put into this Sam It's so amazing.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Mitch
    That looks awesome! I'm not sure where Tevit's ship is parked, but he's living out if it sort of like a trailer, so it'd likely be somewhere near the other living quarters.

Meanwhile, Hal has his own perma-tent somewhere in the woods, sort of near the library, but far enough away from it as not to be noticed. I don't think the placement of his tent on the map is entirely necessary, though, as he'll be coming back to the main camp soon enough.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    That map is absolutely superb!

We should name the Cantina and give it an NPC proprietor.

We are also looking into including a natural amphitheater near the camp where we can hold large meetings and ceremonies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast