Thread: Weekend Boxoffice

Jedi Master Carr

Weekend Boxoffice

Well it looks like another bad week at the box office, all the major movies are being torched by the critics except for Forsaken which didn't get screened for the critics. There is Driven another bad Stallone movie about race car driving, Forsaken another vampire flick, and One night at McCool's which I have no clue what it is about, and Town and Country a film that took 3 years to be released. I guess Bridget Jones' Diary triumphs for a second week.

Force Master Hunter

You forgot the other movie being released, but in limited released. Called The Dish. Here's hoping a decent comedy can get somewhere.

CMJ

DRIVEN did pretty well yesterday. It will definitely win the weekend.

Jedi Master Carr

I'm surprised it has after the way the critics have bashed it. I'm also surprised to see that Along Came a Spider jumped over spy Kids.

JonathanLB

Well, Driven is full of hot babes, awesome, awesome cinematography (and included in that, good effects), and a fairly workable plot that at least shows off the talent of the cameramen, hehe.

The script is really bad, though. What do you expect, look who wrote it! Poor dialogue, and of course the acting is nothing special, though really it is not a bad movie.

It's a lower 3 star movie, upper 2.5 I thought. I enjoyed it, even with its awful dialogue (I could write a better screenplay, and that's not a joke).

That one girl is super hot, Estella Warren. She plays the main romantic interest for two of the racers, and I knew I recognized her when I saw the film, but I could not remember her name at all. Then I went home and looked it up, and of course, Estella Warren is a supermodel who has posed for Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit many times. She's super hot, wow, almost made the movie worthwhile right there.

Force Master Hunter

If a racing movie needs babes to give it a boost, then IT SUCKS!

JonathanLB

I didn't say that, did I? Didn't think so.

All I said was that there tons of hot babes in it, especially the main love interest. She is ULTRA, ULTRA hot! That doesn't hurt any movie, I don't care what it is. I'm not saying I'll raise my opinion of a film because the girls are hot (e.g. Coyote Ugly), but that is certainly a nice benefit.

CMJ

Driven #1

Well the estimate is up. DRIVEN was the #1 film by far. I am amazed at SPY KIDS longevity. It will probably pass 100M next week. BRIDGET JONES continues to hold strong...and ENEMY AT THE GATES finally fell out of the top 10. It's international sales are gonna have to be high for it to make much money. It hasn't done BAD but considering it's pricetag...it's still in the red(at least in the US it is).

Darth23

Re: Driven #1

If a racing movie needs babes to give it a boost, then IT SUCKS!
    :

13 million for the Number One movie?

I think it's time for the Summer Big movies to start.

Spy Kids! took the number three spot back - looks like everything dropped at least 40 % (except Freddy, which is quickly falling off the map). What's up with One Night at McCool's? It certainly had enough screens for a much better showing than it had.

JonathanLB

One Night at McCool's couldn't spend one night in the top five. lol.

Darth23

SOme of these recent flops MUST be better than the way they're performing - I wonder if they're being released at the wrong time, or if the advertising for them just plain sucks. I saw the trailer for One Night in the theaters, and it looked mildly amusing, but not really something I felt I wanted to blow 7 bucks on. Freddy looked as bad as everything Tom Green does, Josie, looked like it had nothing to do with the old cartoon and also like it wasn't that interesting. The Gary Shandling Warren Beaty movie looked like it shoul d have been released about 15 years ago.

Jedi Master Carr

I think you are right about that Darth, Josie was badly advertised I think the advertising got nobody interested, it didn't even tell me what it was about it and then the critics bashed it then nobody wanted to see it. One Night at Mccools just had no advertisment none that I saw at least I saw one trailer and that was on E's Coming Attractions and that was it, obvisoly nobody knew what it was.

Darth23

I think The Hollywood decision makers have a problem with Dark Comedies and quirky movies. They prolly go: "duh... I don't get it" so they don't know how to correctly market it to people who MIGHT get it.