Thread: Slumdog Millionare

Movies Slumdog Millionare

I finally saw this movie tonight on DVD. It was a very good movie and I can see why it won Best Picture. It had a great story.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

You should have watched it in theaters! I watched it with my father, and he was very impressed. Slumdog Millionare is indeed very good, and I have yet to find anyone who disagree. I personally like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button a little better, but only just.

Netflix shipped it to me yesterday, so I'll be watching it this weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    You should have watched it in theaters! I watched it with my father, and he was very impressed. Slumdog Millionare is indeed very good, and I have yet to find anyone who disagree. I personally like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button a little better, but only just.
    Well with school I didn't have time, I did want to, just the opportunity never arose. I did really enjoy it.

It wasn't my favorite film of last year(tho it was in my top 5), but as soon as I saw it I knew it would win Best Picture. It just struck me as the type of feel good story people would fall in love with.

Quote Originally Posted by CMJ View Post
    It wasn't my favorite film of last year(tho it was in my top 5), but as soon as I saw it I knew it would win Best Picture. It just struck me as the type of feel good story people would fall in love with.
    Yeah I think that is why it won. People wanted to feel good this year and it really clicked with people. I say it is in my top 5, but to be fair there are still a few films from last year I need to see (including Button and Frost and Nixon).

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Awesome movie but I did not expect it to be that violent...while on the other hand violence is always a bonus

I feel like a major party pooper . It was worth seeing, but I ended up being bored by it and feeling like it was way too long.

Maybe my expectations were too high or something, I dunno .

jjwr
    I enjoyed it...it was about what I was expecting and the ending was pretty predictable but very enjoyable. Seeing the slum life up close and personal makes you feel a bit more apathy for the Indians and the kind of culture shock they have going on there, a very thin line between slums and "the good life"

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I enjoyed the cinematography a great deal. <3 Danny Boyle.