Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royal Proposition - Territory Acquisition

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Sitting in a high-backed chair doing some plotting.
    And I was just doing what I always do which is questioning things to test their realism- you know me and realism.

I am rather looking forward to playing Anar's reaction to Miranda turning over territory to the military commanders, if that is permitted of course.
    "We shall create order where it is absent, maintain order where it is present, and we shall defend order where it is threatened."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I would also think Moffs expanding there territories would want in on this too, for nearby systems wanting to revolt

And of course you can Anar

Lastly, just an add on to what i said before ... it wouldn't surprise me if one of the Moffs that Miranda had proof on might have had some leanings towards supporting her/or did/ or might have >_> But alas ....

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Excuse me for my absence, I've been sucked back into the black hole known as WoW.....

An idea for my assassin character, and an Inquisition plot - Shadow goes around killing five commanders/moffs devotedly loyal to Miranda, then leaves a trail of evidence that leads investigators to suspect the less loyal moffs are behind the killings, as a way of trimming off her support before cutting her down.

TheHolo.Net Poster

No, Mister Belargic. I expect you to... die.

AKA
    Vince
    Within the darkness just beyond the horizon; behind the shroud that blinds your sight
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Quote Originally Posted by Park Kraken View Post
    Excuse me for my absence, I've been sucked back into the black hole known as WoW.....

An idea for my assassin character, and an Inquisition plot - Shadow goes around killing five commanders/moffs devotedly loyal to Miranda, then leaves a trail of evidence that leads investigators to suspect the less loyal moffs are behind the killings, as a way of trimming off her support before cutting her down.
    It doesn't sound bad, but I have a question off the top of my head:

As for the 'plot', who would be the instigator, or person behind the scenes? Shadow himself? A nameless Inquisitor looking to dethrone the Empress?

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Now Shadow wouldn't be looking to dethrone the Empress, but secure her position by allowing the people going against her to be arrested.

The Instigator, or person who ordered Shadow to do this, would have to be someone high up on the food chain, possibly even the Grand Inquisitor himself.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Now Shadow wouldn't be looking to dethrone the Empress, but secure her position by allowing the people going against her to be arrested.

The Instigator, or person who ordered Shadow to do this, would have to be someone high up on the food chain, possibly even the Grand Inquisitor himself.
    Which Grand Inquisitor, Karl? Why would Karl order the deaths of Moffs who are "devotedly loyal" to Miranda to be killed, then frame others who were "not so loyal." Sounds like a backwards way to strengthen her position as Empress. Since they already made a list of those who are "not so loyal" and labeled them traitors.

If Shadow needs some high ranking officials to assassinate I hear there is a Rebel council meeting that might be taking place on Mon Cal. Possibly under a siege as well. Or you could go after the Moffs on Miranda and Valtens list who somehow managed to escape. Killing them would definitely secure Miranda's seat of power and make you a lot of friends as well with...

...some very unforgiving enemies too.
    Last edited by Tear; Mar 18th, 2009 at 02:23:33 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

No, Mister Belargic. I expect you to... die.

AKA
    Vince
    Within the darkness just beyond the horizon; behind the shroud that blinds your sight
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Quote Originally Posted by Tear View Post

Which Grand Inquisitor, Karl? Why would Karl order the deaths of Moffs who are "devotedly loyal" to Miranda to be killed, then frame others who were "not so loyal." Sounds like a backwards way to strengthen her position as Empress. Since they already made a list of those who are "not so loyal" and labeled them traitors.

If Shadow needs some high ranking officials to assassinate I hear there is a Rebel council meeting that might be taking place on Mon Cal. Possibly under a siege as well. Or you could go after the Moffs on Miranda and Valtens list who somehow managed to escape. Killing them would definitely secure Miranda's seat of power and make you a lot of friends as well with...

...some very unforgiving enemies too.
    Ah. I agree with Tear in that it seems like it would do as much harm as good in the end for Miranda.

I could have sworn I read it elsewhere, but there are quite a few other Moffs on the "List", that haven't been arrested on Karl's orders yet or secreted off by Tear. Shadow could go through and take a few of them out on the orders of Valten or Atrapes (which, like many other things, would have to happen before this elusive "day of Atrapes's capture.") .

TheHolo.Net Moderator

eh, I could do that as well. BTW, I didn't mean moffs on Miranda's side as much as starfleet commanders, perhaps some of the ones who are loyal, but not real competent, perhaps?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12