Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Pode View Post
    A lot of championship games usually aren't good. In any sport. Sure basketball, hockey, and baseball get lucky because they play at least 4. One is bound to be semi-watchable.
    Yeah it sucks they can't live up to the hype.
    If I had to say the best Super Bowls I would list them in this order (also I am very biased about one because it probably made me a fan of the NFL as a kid) And I am only going to list the ones in the last 20 some years as I didn't see the others live.

Super Bowl 23 49ers 20 Bengals 16
    The Drive by Montana made me a fan of the game that and a fan of him. I think it was because the season before it looked like his career was over and the way he came back that season and the way he lead his team to the Super Bowl and beat the Bengals was incredible. He was so cool and collective, not even breaking a sweat which is why he is the greatest QB to ever play the game, IMO.

Super Bowl 36 Patriots 20 Rams 17
    This was a heck of game that went back and forth the entire time and the final drive was amazing and reminded me of Super Bowl 23 a lot.

Super Bowl 34 Rams 23 Titans 16: The game went back and forth the entire time like the one a few years later. Also the last play was unbelievable, heck the entire last quarter had me on the edge of my seat.

Super Bowl 25 Giants 20 Bills 19 Another great wire burner and had probably the biggest miss kick in the history of the NFL.
    Those 4 are probably the best, IMO
    Although I have to say SB 32 Broncos 31 Packers 24; SB 38 and SB 39 both had the Patriots winning close games. Pretty most of the other games were either blow outs or lousy games.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Yeah. My first Superbowl memory (where I actually remember it being a superbowl/understanding the importance of it) is Steve Young blasting the Chargers away.

That is an awful first memory, actually mine is similar it was the Patriots got blasted by the bears, but I really didn't start following the NFL until the 88 season.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Yeah, I idolized Steve Young after that point. But really didn't take a following to any football until the '99 Season. And the Ravens got torched by a grocery bagger from Iowa named Kurt Warner in the season opener.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456