Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: NBA Playoffs

jjwr
    Shaq will never be great again, not to the level he used to be. Those knees and feet have taken way too much pounding over his career. As for his free-throws, it really does amaze me how bad he is at them, its like he throws the ball straight at the rim and hopes it will go in. I don't care how big you are, you can get some arc/touch on the ball if you try.

Mourning had an awesome game, a ridiculous defensive performance.

As for Wade vs Lebron, very tough call. Lebron has the hype and a better overall game but if you want to win a game its obvous who your choice is.

JMK
    It's a no-brainer for me at this point. It's Wade all the way. I'd bet that if Lebron had a Shaq or just a better surrounding group he'd be able to pull off what Wade just did, but the fact is Wade was as dominant in a finals as anyone has been since MJ in '93. He was the best player, BY FAR, at the highest level of basketball when the pressure to win was at its most. That's the calling card of a true champ. Wade just set himself apart from everyone in the 03 draft and vaulted himself in to the very elite of the league.

I think so too, Wade is the best player in the NBA right now. He dominated like Jordan did in the 90's during this series. Although, I think there could be a Lebron-Wade rivalary staring, kind of like Magic vs Bird in the 80's.

JMK
    For that to happen Lebron is going to have to have a run similar to what Wade just had. He got them to game 7 of the Eastern semis, but that's not enough. But I'm pretty sure he will get there.

jjwr
    The big difference with Lebron is he looks more to get his teammates involved. If he was in this series instead of Wade he would he would have tried harder to get the ball to the other players and Heat probably would have lost. Wade seems to have the killer instinct and he knew he could score so he did, yeah it may seem selfish but he knew what needed to be done to win and he did it.

Lebron is still the better overall player but Wade is just an incredible scorer and can obviously will a team to victory.

Lamar Starworth
    About the free throws, I think that is a lot about mechanics and psyche of a player. People just miss sometimes because of themselves. Its not like they don't have the trainers to teach them the right mechanics, but I don't think they have instilled it to the point that it need be, especially for someone as large as Shaq.

Now, about the Wade vs Lebron situation I can't even really put them in the same category until I see how Lebron comes back this next season. However, during this playoffs who could deny Wade his status of dominance. In truth, it's just a spectacle to really see how these players have come so far in only three years.

Lebron is a much different player than Wade, as someone has already said. I think his abilities put him ahead of Wade overall, but he has a different package to bring to the table. Wade his a game far more similar to Jordan than probably anyone in that recent years in response to all the comparisons as of late. Lebron does not remind me like no other. He is the second coming of none, and his whole game is unlike anyone before him.

Although he does carry the height, weight and court vision of Magic. His athleticism, instincts and potential are that of Michael. The funny thing is I don't even think he even tries to dominant games like Wade did during the finals. Even in his series with Detroit it seemed like he was more often than not in the final quarter of Game 6 and 7 trying to get others involved.

Right now, though, Wade is the best basketball player in the NBA. Forget Kobe's 81, Lebron's force to push one of the best basketball teams to 7 game series and Steve Nash's numerous assist. Dwayne Wade is undeniable great.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456