Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Wild Cards (open)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    "No promises."

Savoc finished up his breakfast, and paid precisely half of the bill.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    With a disgusted snort, the Lupine tossed a few credits on the table, along with a small tip while in the same process standing.

"You know, it's somewhat a bad situation for you as well - I mean, do you really think you can handle an unruly vornskr who's pretty much just that?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Savoc smiled politely, and patted the faint bulge in his jacket where his pistol was concealed.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

A look was sent his way, and s'Il made a face at him.

"You keep threatening that, and it just doesn't work - hoping third time's a charm or something?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    The polite smile still on his face, Savoc entertained her hypothetical.

"If it comes to that, then yes. Unlike the second time, my sidearm is in one piece. Unlike the first, I'll aim where it counts."

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Stepping away from the table, the Lupine pushed her chair up to the table so that it was out of the way of other customers. A hand went through her hair then as she blew out a breath of air, looking to either side of her before turning her eyes to Savoc once again.

"Are you done playing the tough guy?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "If you are finished jockeying for position, then I am finished as well."

The assassin paused to police up the luggage, and was on his way again, with s'Il tagging along.

"The rental area is just down the promenade. Find a place along the way...and be discrete."

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

With a slight hmph s'Il followed like a pouting child, scuffing the souls of her boots as she trailed in Savoc's wake. She did keep her eyes open though, searching for somewhere where she could change, as her partner had indicated. To her right was nothing but open shops - too many people. But to her left... it was perfect. Construction had shut down a portion of the shops to the left, and as such no one saw any need to venture past the yellow caution tape and barriers.

Veering away from Savoc, the Lupine quietly slipped past the warning placards, her form silently picking through the small piles of rubble and left behind tools.

Thank frell they're not working today...

s'Il hadn't even looked behind her to see if Savoc had noticed her absence, and with a look over her shoulder to ensure that the streaming crowd hadn't taken too much notice to her trespassing, the Lupine ducked behind a barrier wall erected to protect the shop windows...

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Cal didn't slow his pace, and continued walking toward the rental agency. He situated himself in a line with two other customers, and waited for his turn at the counter.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

The change was smooth and fast, as s'Il had shed her clothes before-hand to save herself the trouble of having to wrestle her quadrupedal form from them after the fact.

Shirt, pants, and boots were left behind as she trotted out then, heading once more for the more populated portion of the promenade.

Stares were sent her way, and even a few of the passerby recoiled in shock at the sight of the silver-backed vornskr, but s'Il paid them no mind as she slowed, nearing Savoc as he waited in line. Reaching his side, the Lupine stood for a few moments before settling on her haunches with a whurffle and turning tawny eyes up to him.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    The clerk seemed slightly uneasy at the Vornskr. Cal smiled politely, easing the tension somewhat.

"I am interested in renting two speeders."

"Two?" The clerk inquired, a curious expression on her face. She wound up returning her eyes to the vornskr.

"Yes. One for myself, and another for an associate, who will be meeting me tomorrow. Identical models and colors if possible. HG Jinx Turbo, champagne."

"Checking..." The clerk responded, as she browsed through the computer in front of her.

"We currently have two such vehicles on the lot. Charge is two hundred credits per day. Will you want any damage insurance?"

"No, that will not be necessary."

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Lips curling back to reveal a vicious row of teeth, the vornskr gave her best attempt at a smile as her tongue lolled out. He got the Jinx. s'Il had always wanted to drive one, but never got the chance. And so when Savoc had asked what vehicle she would be wanting, the HG was the first thing to come to mind.

Letting out a content hurff, she inclined her head, casting her 'smile' up to Savoc before rising, rearing up to place her forepaws on the counter and craning her neck forward to better see the paperwork being done by the clerk.

Oh this was going to be so much fun!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    The clerk recoiled as s'Il rose to peer over the counter. Savoc gently but firmly clenched a handful of skin and fur at the back of her neck, easing her back down.

"Here is my charge account. I will call and give a delivery address to your valet."

After a few more minutes of negotiation, Savoc said his goodbyes, taking the keys of the first speeder.

"Here girl." He called, somewhat awkwardly to s'Il. It was obvious that Savoc didn't own any pets.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Ears going forward, the vornskr happily trotted off, leaving the clerk to tend to the next customer.

Jogging after Savoc, s'Il let her tail lazily sweep from left to right, her body rising and falling with the gentle stride. Massive paws hitting the ground, she fell into step at Savoc's heels, and slowing to a leisurely walk, the beast cast her eyes about, taking in the greyscale world around her before focussing her attention back to her partner. And even though her form limited her ability to speak, she still let loose a string of half garbled mumbles and groans. It was rather cute actually, and the few individuals littering the lot couldn't help but turn to look at the vornskr as it 'spoke' to her 'owner'.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    The assassin and his "pet" found their ride out in the open-air lot. Cal unlocked it and opened the passenger door, letting the vornskr bound inside. Wasting no time, he loaded the baggage in the trunk, and started her up, veering toward a nearby skylane merge point.

"The ball is in your court now."

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

She had changed smoothly, the sensation - while as normal as breathing, was still a touch painful, and s'Il let out a slight gasp as the last bone thwocked into place. And so she sat; unfazed by her lack of apparel in the middle of Coruscant traffic and running fingers through her hair.

"It's in the lower levels; not too low, but low enough to be out of the way. So when you get the chance, just start heading down.

"And give me your jacket."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Cal glanced over to his companion and quickly averted his eyes for the sake of whatever vestigial modesty she might have. He squirmed in his seat as he rolled his jacket off his shoulders.

"Take it."

That uncomfortable task aside, Savoc began to drift down through the vertically-stacked traffic lanes, descending into one of the nearby artificial canyons.

He audibly sniffed, a sound that could have very well been a sniffle, but wasn't.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

"Make a right at 734th and Gunnering," s'Il answered as she fidgeted in her seat, pulling Savoc's jacket over her shoulders.

"It'll be the fifth on your left; Gunnering Flats."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    He piloted the craft with little conversation, following her instructions to the letter. The apartment complex was homey, but far from decrepit. It seemed to adequately represent the transition between the upper and lower levels. Everything was utilitarian, with a bit of dirt around the edges, but enough dignity to make it feel lived-in.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011