I'm ok now, I think. My heartrate is approximately 120. I feel fine, but I'm in a bit of sedation-induced shock.

At 10pm last night I took 30ml of Dayquil because I thought that the 2-week cold that I'm just getting over was coming back. Then I ate some Tacos and ice cream, and started leisurely playing World of Warcraft. At about 3am, I realized that I was having trouble breathing through my mouth, which I think is because I was beginning to get dry mouth. Thinking this was because I was getting an allergy or some other illness that was putting phlegm in my mouth, I took an Allegra at 3:20am, then went into my mom's room to complain that i couldn't breath right. By the time I got there, my heart rate was approximately 150. I put on my sandals and asked her to drive me to the emergency room. When we got there, they put sticky things on my chest and plugged them into an EKG machine, to determine my heart rate, which was 150. They took my blood and urine sample, both of which came out negative, and plugged me into an IV to give me some drugs to ease my anxiety and put some saliva back into my mouth, and to decrease the amount of oxygen my heart was using, or something to that effect. The diagnosis was heart palpitations, and they said something about the probable cause being a prolonged panic attack. I guess that makes sense, considering that I'm sleeping during the day right now and am awake during the night, and I'm always worrying about another CPU fan dying while I'm on the computer (as happened 3 weeks ago, putting my PC offline for a week), or worrying about a cheap power supply (which I've already ordered a replacement of) blowing up.

They basically ordered me to contact a cardiologist who they referred me to, as well as my primary care physician, for an appointment within 2 days. They also gave me a prescription for my heart palpitations and tachycardia, and told me to not take Claritin-D or Allegra, as they can increase my heart rate. They also told me to limit the amount of stress I'm exposed to, get plenty of healthy sleep, and avoid becoming overly-stimulated.