Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visions For The Future

TheHolo.Net Poster Elarys Amarank's Avatar
    AKA
    Natacha
    Elarys's realization was marked by her lips forming a silent o. Yeah, she could be a klutz, but at least it made Lise Tarkin laugh, even though a few heads turned towards them. She shrugged it off and chuckled.

"Why do you think I love working behind the scenes instead of pursuing a career as an orator?!"

She watched the blonde take a step forward and was curious to know what she would have to say. Elarys hadn't meant to get sappy or share the whole family history but the bits she had mentioned, well they all had been formative.

She waited, still latching onto optimism, that the other woman would accept the invitation. She found herself holding Lise Tarkin's gaze with more ease, genuinely interested once again in what the blonde had to say.

She raised a brow at the unladylike sigh and breathed again at the coy smile that followed.

"There is only one way to find out, isn't it?"

A smile lit up her face and she was relieved and so happy that Lise Tarkin had accepted her unexpected invitation.

"I promise it won't involve industrial velcro taping the instruments together."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Holy Mother of God the Empress!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    "Oh for the love of ..." she sighed with exasperation. "If I see another disastrous line from ... whoever that was ..."

Feri left a memorable impression on Lady Tarkin, just not in name.

"... it'll be too soon! I'm relieved you saved the best artist for last."

Her lips puckered coyly as she began to walk. "Of course my mind may be changed by your impromptu ask. Perhaps you're artist of the night."

She plucked two flutes off a tray as the waiter navigated the crowd and found himself staring blankly in shock as to why the room suddenly opened up. He graciously nodded. "Lady Tarkin. Ms. Amarank."

Lise acknowledged the greeting with a curt nod before extending a the drink out to Elarys. "You still owe me a tour of the last exhibit so I can judge properly."
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Apr 20th, 2021 at 08:32:33 PM.

AKA
    Natacha
    Elarys couldn't stop laughing at Lise's reaction. She couldn't help it and leaned closer to whisper some snark as well. "Wannabe Velcro Magician, it was."

Standing back up with a smile, she managed not to burst into another fit of giggles. She still didn't get what in the universe the Curator and the other "experts" had seen in the designer.

"I have seen educators offer more engaging activities to their pupils."

She nodded at the mention of the last artist. "She was a favorite of mine from the first round, beside the chamber music composer."

Of course, she was now a little worried Lise would find the painter's work disappointing; but she had meant what she said.

She watched Lise fetching the flutes of champagne and nodded to the waiter.

"Thank you," she said as she accepted the drink from the blonde.

"Then I shall not keep you waiting."

With a smile she walked with Lise towards the last section of the exhibition, which weirdly attracted fewer visitors. It was their loss really. As they reached the area, it had a beautiful immersive feeling with digital paintings of landscapes, spaces and historic landmarks, one moving into the other in a seamless manner. The level of details was breath-taking and one could tell that the arrangement had been carefully designed.

"Laya Morin is planning to add to this installation and create at least another one. She creates smaller pieces too but has been focusing on creating this type of digital environments whether for personal estate or for museums. She has been a gem to work with as well, always collaborating as soon as she was selected to make sure everything would be perfect for the opening weeks."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Lise softly inhaled and stood up just a bit straighter as shimmering landscapes welcomed the visitor as Aiwah's flew overhead, their wings beating fiercely. She was momentarily startled to feel a slight breeze but quickly recovered with a smile.

"Clever ..." Above her the native Kamino whales dove into the oceans behind them and Lise had to turn to watch them disappear. "This can't all be holoprojectors!"

Lady Tarkin's steps were deliberate, taking in each picturesque view - a jungle visage of Felucia, mists hanging close to fungi, the swirling sands of Tatooine congregating quickly into a raging sandstorm as one walked the length, shimmering crystals caves on Ilum. So enthralled by the exhibit, Lise had yet to sip her flute since entering, merely keeping it safely tucked against her chest as every inch of Morin's work was enjoyed.

"My dear, Elarys. I'm sorry to say that this impressive work has outshone the invitation as your plus one," she teased, pausing for a sip, her perfectly sculpted brow lofting high. "Of course, that means the bar has been set quite high for our date, hm?"

Flirting was a weapon, a means to an end to get what she needed and for social etiquette. But this was fun! It's been decades since this social dance was welcomed!

AKA
    Natacha
    Elarys observed Lise Tarkin with the utmost interest, as the aristocrat wandered through the immersive work of the last new artist-in-residence. She was so happy that Morin's creations proved to be a success. She had high hopes for the digital artist, and hoped that her opportunity at the Museum would bring great success in her career.

She grinned to the blonde's exclamation about the bells and whistles that brought the exhibit to life. "Morin has been collaborating with engineers to enhance the experience. I have been nudging her to give a few presentations with them as well. I think it could really be encouraging for younger artists so they see how bringing talents and skills together can make differences."

What Lise Tarkin said next might have been a bit scary to Elarys a while ago but she couldn't help raising a brow and chuckling softly at the flirtatious teasing. Time would tell how things would unfold but she was enjoying her interaction with her date-to-be.

"Well, well, well... You can say I love a good challenge, or that they love me, or a mixture of both."

She wandered a little through the installations towards Lise Tarkin. "Morin's art is outstanding; but I have faith that the chamber music recital should be pleasing."

She stopped by the Ilum installation. "Her work with colors is fascinating but the way she rendered the crystals caves remains a favorite."

She looked at Lise again. "Which one is yours?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Lise uncurled a finger around the flute in thought and hummed with agreement. "That's a good idea. It's not often that students collaborate from different disciplines unless for end of term projects. And even that's rare. No ... too much of a students time is boxed in with their choice subject."

Diversity was not the Empire's strongest suite by any means but it was important to provide more avenues of scholastic interest that can enhance the students primary degree, and not merely as a minor.

Blinking several times, she ended her vocalized thoughts, listening to Elarys' counter banter. Her innocent attempts of flirting was not as finely tuned as Lise's, but it was part of Elarys' charm. Still she hoped that her date would take the challenge well and provide at least one surprise that Lise wouldn't be able to calculate. She had been on almost every conceivable date possible since becoming widowed.

"Ah ..." She scanned the crystal caves and had to concede the iridescent colors cascading along the piece like an aurora could provoke a spiritual response. If one was inclined to those pious thoughts.

"Truthfully?" Lise turned around and with childlike appreciation, watched the whales disappear again after another group entered the exhibit. "That right there."

AKA
    Natacha
    She was keenly aware that she would eventually have jitters before their upcoming date, and that she might double guess herself a couple of times when on her own. Yet, Elarys was glad that she had stood by her words after unexpectedly asking Lise Tarkin out. She knew that the aristocrat had likely been courted by so many higher ups and more experienced individuals than she was.

She hadn't lied when she said she liked a challenge, even though it wasn't why Lise had caught her eye in the first place. Her position of power was one thing for sure, but it was the blonde's personality and interests that had made her grow very fond of her.

She smiled at Lise's words about education and how interdisciplinary approaches could improve pedagogy. She loved her job but she had also been applying to serve on a couple of committees for local schools. She was always very keen on helping new talents and imperial youths. She almost mentioned it but given that it was up in the air and that tonight was about the new artists in resident, she would keep that for further discussion.

She waited for Lise's response regarding which piece she liked best. She had seen her spend just a little more time and steal a couple of glances at the whales but she hadn't wanted to presume. She nevertheless beamed when it was the piece the blonde mentioned as her favorite.

"May I ask what is it that makes it so special to you?"

On cue, she heard a voice behind her, which she recognized as the artist's. "I would love to know as well..."

The woman paused as she realized who Elarys was talking to. "My Lady, I didn't mean to intrude."

She returned her attention to Lise. "This is Laya Morin who created these installations."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silenced before she could answer, Lise turned to their guest as Elarys did introductions.

"Ah! A pleasure to meet you." She inclined her head forward and offered a hand. "This is exquisite."

She panned a hand slowly around the room after they shook in greeting. "So the interruption is most welcomed for the one that made all of this."

Lise brought her eyes back to Laya with a playfulness. "I must know how you came up with introduction to the exhibit. Its so whimsical and it just.... immediately transports you back to your childhood. All those feelings simmer to the surface of giddiness at seeing something so magical."

AKA
    Natacha
    Elarys could tell that Morin was in shock to hear such praise and have Lady Tarkin inquire about her creation. She had loved what this artist did since she was first introduced to her work and seeing her as one of the new residents for the museum made her so happy.

Morin blushed at the aristocrat's words, and Elarys was happy to just be silent for the moment, for it wasn't her place to shine now and Morin deserved the attention.

"Thank you, my Lady. This is a huge compliment."

She paused and looked around, trying to find her words. "Well, my mother used to say I had a very vivid imagination. I imagined worlds when I was little but I eventually realized that the galaxy has even greater places than my mind could come up with. But.... I love what you said about that childlike wonder as I always found solace in it and sharing it through my art has been a driving inspiration."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"Take what's freely given," Lise said, eyes turning serious. "You've earned the praise."

Her mother always said accept what's freely given, but we wary of strings attached. Morin had gifted her with the delightful memories of years past and the least she could do was provide honesty!

"I find it brilliant. Is there anything else you've been working on or is this everything you currently have?" she asked, with a gentle arm motioning to the exhibit.

AKA
    Natacha
    Elarys observed the conversation with keen interest, happy to see Morin praised - rightfully so - about her creation, and also to hear more of Lise Tarkin's thoughts on the other woman's art.

"I gladly take it, my Lady," Morin added, beaming even more.

The artist took a few steps around her installation and nodded to the noblewoman's query.

"There is!"

She looked at Elarys, a silent question in her eyes, and the young brunette nodded. There was no contractual requirement for her to hide her upcoming projects.

"I agreed to try my hand at some more urban settings for my creation; but I am nevertheless in the early stages of two pieces, an ocean-inspired one from Commenor and one involving forest and local species from Belloria."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Morin could see Lady Tarkin was attentive and eager, eyes focused upon her every word but also could see how the noblewoman picturing the mentioned planets. "If you'd allow, I'd like to be updated on how the Commenor work is going."

She turned to Elarys, briefly looking fond. "Ms. Amarank has my contact information to share."

Lise smoothed her features and regarded Morin. "I'm sure this isn't a surprise given how enamored I'm with your opening piece."

AKA
    Natacha
    Elarys was delighted to see Lise Tarkin so interested and appreciative of Morin's creations. The artist seemed a little more comfortable after a few minutes in the conversation, which was also lovely to see. Morin hadn't expected to become one of the residents at the museum even though Elarys had hoped and done as much work as she could for this to happen. She hadn't had much of any influence on the choice of candidates of course; but she still had gone an extra mile for Morin because she believed in her work.

When the noblewoman turned to her, Elarys couldn't help smiling a little more and she nodded to her words.

Morin's face brightened. "I will make sure to do so! Thank you so much, Lady Tarkin! I already have sketches and early blueprints for this one."

Someone called Elarys' name from a little further down in the gallery. The brunette turned her head and recognized one of the museum's board members. She took a step towards Lise and tilted her head towards the other person.

"It seems I must take my leave, my Lady. I will be in touch as agreed. And Morin, great work again."

The board member called out again. "It was lovely seeing you tonight," she added in earnest towards Lise before scampering off to mitigate whatever this urgent matter might be about for having her name called out multiple times like that.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Lise and Morin continued to banter and discuss the beginnings of the blueprints she was working on. It was a casual conversation that was suddenly interrupted when Elarys had to take her leave. Duty called and she needed to play nice with board members. Lise canted her head and looked past the host and saw a frumpy looking man huffing with a portly red face.

"My apologies for having to deal with that," she stated with obviously displeasure.

Morin chuckled.

"It was lovely seeing you again too, my dear," Lise said and watched Elarys navigate through the crowd to deal with whatever ridiculous emergency had taken place. There were never real emergencies at these events, just obstacles that were blown out of proportion.

Morin was soon pulled away to speak with another potential benefactor and Lise already had her link out talking with her accountant. A sizable donation was being made to the museum emphasizing Morin's work and hopefully those blueprints of the oceanic cityscape would see fruition soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12