Thread: Starflies

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ApexLupine

xxx Starflies

Their time during the festival had been entirely enjoyable, and Kes had found himself more often than not thinking back to those joy-filled eyes and that smile that was rooted in the pure emotion of happiness. It was a nice distraction from most of the drudgery from the past week. Between meetings and his normal shifts, to the arbitration of a myriad of squabbles between merchants and traders alike, it had been the sort of taxing passage of days that made a body feel drained and deflated.

But now it was the eve before his day off, and Kes had found himself in a slight bit of nervousness. He had invited her for a small supper, and she had eagerly agreed. Truth be told he had been rather apprehensive when he'd asked; what would make her accept, anyway? She had a busy schedule, and no doubt enough that kept her attentions elsewhere. But she had said yes, and now, at the cusp of their shared time, he found himself standing in the middle of the main living area of his quarters, making sure that his attempts to tidy up had not been in vain. Simple furniture, nothing really displayed on the walls, and a few issues of Captain Coruscant hastily shoved beneath a sofa cushion.

Supper had at least already been delivered from one of the local food delivery services; a vegetable medley and roasted tipyip breasts dusted with Tatooine spices. He'd put the desserts in the cooler unit, and truthfully had spent more time picking that portion of their meal out than the main course itself.

He stood, both hands stuffed into the pockets of his casual slacks scowling as he sent his eyes from the floor to as many walls as he could.

She would be here any moment.

But there was something he was forgetting. He just knew it.
    Last edited by Kes Akiena; Feb 24th, 2021 at 01:18:23 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Work had been a whirlwind of finishing up projects as quickly as possible so that she could leave when the clock hit quitting time instead of being stuck with an hour or two of overtime work to finish up. Stripping down every regulator from a turbolift for rebuild and reinstall normally took her a fourteen hour day but she pushed through it and got it done in ten. It might have been done in eight if Gradoona hadn't been such a chatterbox. She kept asking what Mayael was trying to get out of work for, and after hours of dodging the question she admitted she had a, how you say, date? And that only set of Roona all the more and she was prying the rest of the shift to know who it was. Mayael stood her ground and never revealed for a moment. Not even when the Herglic predicted correctly.

"All done. Good job. See tomorrow!"

Dumping her tools on her bench back in the office, she punched the clock and headed out the door, only stopping to wave enthusiastically to the Chief in his office, who just grunted and looked away. There was not a lot of running that took place on Jovan Station. The gravity was not exactly perfect and it made people feel uncomfortable aside from the odd health conscious Alliance officer, but that did not stop the gangly Codru-Ji from jogging across the level to the turbolifts so she could take it up to her residential floor. There was a chrono in the lift, but she still pulled her homemade datapad amalgamation from the pocket of her dirty jumpsuit and double checked the time. She was going to cut it close. She was out the doors of the lift before it was even fully opened and jogging down the halls until she reached her door, pushing it open with one set of hands while the other was already unzipping her suit and pulling the band out of her hair. There was no time to even think about the mess that her room was; the stacks of miscellaneous electronic components and discarded clothing of questionable cleanliness.

It wasn't until she was safely sequestered away in the sonic shower that she finally gave herself a moment to think. Kes had invited her to a dinner and of course she said yes. Anauri had said something along the lines of you don't tell a Commander no. Mayael had assumed based on their last outing together that she was being brought along to play the part of a shield. Maybe the Madame was once again pursuing the commander and he needed another smokescreen to keep her at bay? It was a very strange arrangement, indeed, but Mayael enjoyed the Commander's company so it was not so bad. She got to spend time with a great man who had been more than helpful with securing her a place on the station, in the Alliance, and helping her escape the pirate crew she had previously run with. She wouldn't be here without him, and it was scary to think of where she would have been without him. She didn't like to think about such dark things, but in her heart she knew she'd be in prison or dead. That's what the mean Cizerack lady had wanted to do with her, after all.

Stepping out of the sonic she immediately went looking for something clean to wear. She considered wearing the same dress from the festival. It was just about the only nice thing she owned, but it felt strange to wear it again. This was just a meal, right? Nothing quite so formal. A uniform would also be too formal? She loved her uniform, although she almost never wore it as their job was far too messy for that. Engineering jumpsuits in varying degrees of oil stained were what dominated her closet these days. Outings around the station usually took place right after work with Doona and Beck, and they rarely went home to change first. She just didn't own much civilian clothing anymore. She had quite a few pieces that were waiting to be modified to her physiology. She promised herself she'd get around to taking care of them but of course they always got forgotten so she could spend all night trying to build a railgun in her living room.

In the end she picked out something that was much more familiar to her from before her time on Jovan. A patterned halter top in turquoise, purple, and gold; always a good choice for the girl with four arms. Black leather pants that were rather form fitting, and she almost capped it off with a pair of pumps but after being on her feet all day she went with a set of simple black flats. Not quite the cushion she'd like for her sore feet, but it was the best she could manage. She'd much rather be half naked sitting in her chair working on one of her projects while a children's holo played in the background. Not tonight. She was on a mission, and the Commander needed her.

Oh no, it was almost time!

Running out the door she grabbed her datapad and stuffed it into a clutch and headed out, making sure to securely lock her room behind her. There was a lot of dangerous stuff in there, and some of it she shouldn't even have. Didn't want anyone just wandering in there. The walk to the Commander's office was not long, but she still moved at a speedy pace to make it there before the chrono struck the time, and managed it with a minute to spare. Pressing the ringer she stepped back and checked her hair. Still tightly spun in a braided bun from work.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

If he was forgetting anything, the sound of the door chime told him that it was just too late now. His scowl was instantly wiped away, and Kes trekked the short distance to the door. One hand reached out, depressing the button that would open it, and when it did, there she was.

For a moment he stood in silence, but a fraction of a second later found his normal smile gracing his features as he stepped back and to the side.

"Ms. Rakkamar, come in."

Even now she looked radiant, and he kept himself from staring with another quick button-push that closed the door once she'd stepped inside.

"I'm glad you were able to join me this evening," he started while gesturing for her to make herself comfortable on the sofa. Or either one of the two chairs. Anywhere she wished to sit, really.

"I hope that your schedule hasn't been keeping you too buried in trying to keep this place in one piece."

What a silly thing to say; unfortunately the words had already left his lips and he couldn't snatch them back out of the air between them no matter how much he wished he could.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "Evening, Commander."

Stepping through the door she gave the Commander a smile as she passed him and then turned to look into the unit. It was impeccably clean just like it had been last time she had been here. All she could think is that it must be exhausting to maintain such cleanliness. She was suddenly very self conscious that she might have traces of oil or grime on her skin that might stain a surface of this clean space.

"It very busy. I like it. Lots to do. Alvays working." She replied pleasantly as she followed his invitation to the sofa and took a seat, folding both sets of hands into her lap, her curiosity in the state of his unit was forgotten as she started in on the much more interesting topic of talking shop.

"Roona and I fixing turbolift regulators. It fun. Very messy. Should make for smooth ride when finished."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

"Well, I have to admit that's exceedingly good to hear," he couldn't help but chuckle out while sitting in one of the chairs opposite the sofa.

"Hopefully I won't be stuck in a lift again anytime soon."

Words spoken with a knowing grin, as Mayael and Gradoona had been the ones to release not only himself, but a small gaggle of elder Ithorian women who had been on the station for some sort of plant grower's convention gathering.

A few more minutes of small chatter, and the redhead finally found himself leaning back, crossing one leg up and over the other as he propped his arms up on the chair's rests. It was light-hearted discussion, and he found himself exceedingly enjoying the enthusiasm of Mayael's words. She was flourishing here, and for that he was grateful.

It was during a brief pause that he suddenly remembered his own lack of manners, and uncrossing his legs to stand, Kes made a small gesture to the kitchenette.

"Can I get you a drink?"

He began the short trip to fulfill any request that she might make.

"I've got water, but I also made sure to get a bottle of a Rodian blended red wine called... " he reached out to open the cooler unit, pulling the unopened bottle out so that he could read the label.

"... Jahamar Falls."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "Yes. Please."

The consumption of alcohol was not something she participated in often, usually only when out with the girls or the rare somber night along in her unit. Family birthdays. Codru-Ji holidays. Anniversaries of her childhood and academic days back home. All things she could not properly celebrate away from her family, away from her homeworld. Back when she was a pirate it was drinks every day. It was the thing to do. To stave off boredom. She had been busy then, keeping what was essentially crew outfitted with salvage operating, but nothing like she was now. She worked more, longer hours, and the work was more fulfilling than fixing some rock hoppers harness or blaster for the hundredth time because they had no respect for their equipment. Now she served a people and a purpose.

And had a handsome and charismatic leader who inspired her to do her best. Captain Grov had never been that.

"Is good wine? I am no good with wine. I like how it tastes." She called back with a laugh.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

"To be honest I've never had it," he admitted while peeling the pearlescent foil off of the old style cork, and after a moment of searching he produced a corkscrew. It was twisted in, then he snapped the small tool on its pivot so that the bottle opener portion was anchored to the glass rim. A quick motion, and he levered the cork free. Lifting it up for a sniff, he gave a nod to himself before pulling two wine glasses from an upper cabinet.

As he poured, he went on.

"Thank you for coming," his pours were smooth and steady, and once finished he set the bottle aside. Both glasses were then taken up, and he returned to the living area, extending one of the glasses to her.

"It... means a lot to me."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    As she took the glass from his hand she crossed one of her legs over the other, perching the elbow of the glass holding hand upon her knee to leverage it. Dragging around regulator units all week had taken it's tole. She pivoted the glass toward her nose and took in the aroma of the wine. She wasn't quite sure what she was looking for. She'd read several manuals on building and rebuilding wiring harnesses, but not a single one about wine. It smelled quite nice. Kind of nutty and sweet. It was pleasant. Reminded her a little of Rajjak flowers back home.

"Of course. I love spending time with you. You make me smile."

Taking a sip from the wine she let it slosh around in her mouth in how she imagined an expert in the craft would, before swallowing it. Yes. Very sweet. Very nice.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

She loved spending time with him. It gave him confidence enough to hesitate on his way to where he'd been sitting previously, and steeling himself, Kes adjusted his trajectory. Instead he made for the opposite side of the sofa. Carefully, he let his body descend.

"That means a lot to me."

What else could he say? He was nervous, and they'd not even eaten their food yet. But he felt like a much younger boy, stumbling over his words to tell a girl that he liked her.

"If it helps, I find myself smiling in your presence as well."

So sterile. So robotic. What sort of a man was he? He had no problems being personable with everyone else, but Mayael Rakkamar intimidated him.

"I'm sorry, I sound like a droid, saying it like that."

He'd only ever had one person he cared enough about to want a relationship with, and she had been from a very long time ago... not to mention she had not even considered him in that way. And so with that revelation he'd buried himself in his school at first, and then once joining the old Rebellion, he'd buried himself in that.

Except that now he inhabited a place that had become a moment in time that was both a whirlwind and a tranquil pause. And during moment he had met Mayael Rakkamar.

She was young, however. Far younger than he, and there was yet another layer of apprehension that arose from that.

"Mayael," he started rather suddenly after a quick sip of his own wine, "... I... "

Honesty was what he would go with.

"... you intimidate me."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    He sat down on the sofa with her. That was certainly not normal when they've had sit downs before but she thought nothing of it. They had spent a lot of time together, after all. He did seem different. Uneasy. Nervous, perhaps? She was not so great at reading people. Codru-Ji had many limbs to communicate body language. It was much harder with other species that lacked the second pair of arms. Her father always say, you can tell a lot from a man by what he does with his other arms. Out here they relied more on facial features and she was slowly getting better with them. Kes' face looked like stomach ache.

"What, intimidate? You think me... scary?"

She could only laugh at the idea of being scary. She certainly didn't think that of herself. It wouldn't be the first time that something to that effect had been said. People often made similar comments when they saw the kind of projects she was working on in her quarters, and her old crew had said that on a few occasions after she'd build her custom forcegun. It did have quite devastating power, so she understood it so a degree. But here, armed with only a purse and a wine glass, how could she possible be scary? The confusion was showing on her face, despite the smile she was training to maintain.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

He didn't exactly scowl, but there was a definite furrow of his brow that precluded the overly long drink from his wine. Leaning forward, he set it on the low table before letting his elbows rest on his knees, hands coming together to fold his finger amongst one another.

"I... I like you, and that is what makes you intimidating to me."

He felt as though he was stepping off a precipice.

This invitation to dinner, this sharing of a wine that had been recommended to him because he knew nothing of wines and vintages and vinyards.

He could still remember the Madame's words to him, during the festival, of being aware of hearts and what they felt.

It had struck a chord in him that he found himself needing to address. Not only with himself, but with Mayael as well. If she wished for nothing more than friendship then he could understand.

And in that moment he did the only other thing he could think of to do.

He apologized.

"I'm sorry," the weight on his elbows, currently propped on his knees, seemed to increase as his shoulders sagged ever-so-slightly.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "No, no Commander sorry."

Setting her glass down on the coffee table while her other hands twisted amongst themselves, she felt so overtly crippled by her understanding of basic in a way she never had before. She had words she wanted to say but finding the translation was slow and difficult, and he was using words and phrases that were difficult to follow. How much easier this would be if they both spoke the same language fluently. They did not even speak the same body language. It felt like she was trying to take an engine apart with all the wrong tools and only half of the operation manual. It was uncharted territory and every instinct told her to take it apart to see how it works and then put it back together.

But people don't work that way.

"Here." She scooted closer on the sofa and laid one hand on his clasped hands, and the other on his stooped back, running her fingers up his spine in what she hoped would be a soothing fashion. "How 'bout, you tell me what want. You speak like, how you say, politics? Hide meaning and too... weak. No. Subtle. Too Subtle. You can speak to me. Honest. I will no be angry, and I will tell no lie.

I like you too, Commander. Very much."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Her hand on his back, tracing up and down in soothing fashion was enough to ease the tension in his shoulders somewhat. Her words helped to further that as well, and as she finished speaking he turned to look at her. She was so earnest, and he couldn't keep the light smile from pulling back the corners of his lips just a small bit.

Again those words from the Madame ran through his thoughts, and Kes felt like an eopie in speeder lights.

The moment seemed to ponderously grow longer, as he locked his eyes with hers, feeling her fingers still trace along his spine.

A small part of him was internally grumbling. He was a grown man, he was a Rebel Alliance veteran. He had survived capture and torture at the Empire's hands. He had been in too many skirmishes and battles to count offhand. And yet here he was now, rendered down to the shy, timid young boy he had once been in primary school.

Because of her.

In that moment his determination set in, and the redhead twisted his torso slightly as he leaned back up. His hand came around to take hold of one of her own, and in a mad gamble he brought his lips almost to her own, but stopped only a hair's breadth away for a hesitant moment. And in the next, he whispered a question.

"... May I... ?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    How wildly different this night was developing. In all her dreams she had never imagined she would actually be here, in the handsome Commanders residence, sitting on his sofa with him and drinking wine; and touching and... kissing! The very idea had certainly haunted a few of her nights and had only just barely been dispelled each time with the aid of her own inventions. Now she was suddenly caught in the middle of a dream, and she was just so afraid now that she would wake up and none of it was real. Well, if it was not real then she was going to enjoy every second of it, and push every boundary. Consequences were hardly a thing that she concerned herself with.

She didn't even answer before she leaned in that last bit, their noses passing by the other as she planted her lips on his and gave him just the briefest of kisses before pulling back to maintain that same close distance as before. Her hands had minds of their own as the other two came snaking in to grab ahold of his knee and the back of his head; gently slipping in through his hair.

"You can have vhat you vant." She whispered, moving in closer again, their lips faintly touching only to back out again, teasing the contact. "I vant hear say vhat you vant."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

The utter relief was palpable, and Kes couldn't help the elated smile that he gave her, their faces only centimeters apart. and instead of answering her right away, he partook of her lips once more. She was intoxicating in only the way that she could be, one hand on his back, two on his knee, and the last weaving fingers into his hair. In such proximity, she smelled like some sort of pure flower that bloomed only for him. It was enough. It was more than enough.

Both hands came up then to cup her face, and Kes pressed his lips to hers in a firm affirmation of his feelings.

They parted briefly, and his hands slid down her neck, his mouth seeking out her jawline to hungrily explore its contours.

"You're what I want," he managed to murmur in answer to her words.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "Ooh, more politic, Commander." She laughed as he nuzzled into her cheek and neck. She had been with men like this before; the romantic. It was not so bad. They were very attentive lovers, but they hide their love behind generalized statements that sound like Old Republic holodrama. They can liken your beauty to a flower or your form to fruit, but they lack that directness and being open. Like they are afraid if they say the wrong thing then you will get up and leave. They have the right idea. It's cute and heart warming, and sometimes they need a little help to guide them along the way.

And sometimes you want to be treated like a princess.

"I love your hair." Mayael spoke softly as his fingers moved around her neck. Her own hands abandoned their previous positions and two took up residence in his hair and the other two found his chest and felt it through his clothes. It was a strong chest, the kind you would expect from a man with a storied military career. She imagined it was hairy, and covered in freckles and scars. Maybe a tattoo from his younger days. So exciting to find out! Every person had an interesting body hidden underneath their clothing. All had wonderful aspects and wildly different shapes to enjoy and celebrate. No two the same.

"It so soft and red. Like fire. I never see Codru-Ji with fur like this." Her fingers dug into his scalp exploring every lock and curl, tracing along the sides where it was going silver. So distinguished. She wanted so much more of it. Her flats had slipped off awhile ago and she pivoted and swung her leg up and over his, straddling his lap to get that much closer. She went in for another kiss, her hands falling down from his head to his neck, bracing against him and pushing him against the back of the sofa. She wanted to feel those muscles push back. She wanted to feel that gentle strength she suspected was there, hidden just beneath the blues and grays of his uniform.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Her hands dragging through his hair was almost enough to override his senses; the last time a woman had done such a thing had been so long ago. He couldn't help the long sigh that escaped from between his lips, and Kes found himself responding to her touch in kind. And when she deposited herself in his lap, pushing him back against the sofa's cushion, his reaction was almost instantaneous.

A near-growl, and he surged against her in a surprising show of strength to wrap his arms around her as he met her lips with his own once more. She met him in the middle, and the redhead felt her weight pressing him further.

And then he shifted, his hold on her tightening for a fraction of a second as he twisted the both of them around so that he could alter the terms that she had set.

Now she was the one laying against the sofa, and he was more than happy to press in on her.

One hand moved smoothly down her jawline to where her collarbones met, and then further down over the top of her halter before snaking in from the bottom to run a palm over her bare midsection. His fingers continued upward, and finally found their destination, cupping one of her breasts in a gentle hold, his thumb flicking over her nipple.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    "Oooh! Kes!"

Her voice changed completely as his wandering hands found sudden vulnerabilities in her body. The meek school boy had disappeared in the flash of an eye, and now she found positioned reversed, and she was pinned to the sofa and he was on the attack. It was hardly how she had expected this encounter to go, but she could only smile up at the powerful man that had suddenly emerged from the chrysalis shedding his furs of youth and claws of immaturity. Biting her lip as the pleasurable impulses from his hands lit up her heart, she reached out and grabbed at his chest with two of her hands, which the other two held on to his exploring hand and encouraged him further by lifting her own shirt up to reveal more of her chest; but not going so high as to reveal everything just yet.

Her stomach was not without blemishes; a scars from burns and cuts. A life of conflict beginning back home and progressing through her life as a pirate and then as an engineer.

Those forward hands pulled at his shirt, tugging it free from his belt so she could reach a hand up it while the other tried to pull him in closer; close enough to kiss again, and close enough that with some squirming and slouching in the sofa, that she could press her own body back against him as he found himself caught between her legs. She felt herself a spider, ensnaring a prey between her many arms. The thought would make her giggle, if she wasn't actively trying to stick her tongue into his mouth.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

He felt her tug his shirt from where he'd tucked it beneath his belt, and for the briefest of moments he paused. His entire body seemed to fire on all thrusters, and for this brief moment in time, as one hand explored the landscape of a hard life, he couldn't help but find a strange peace in the feeling. He could feel her scars beneath his fingers, feel the mars of her flesh that spoke to a life lived in rough fashion. And as two of her hands sought to lift his own shirt up, Kes eased his weight from her only slightly.

"I... " she silenced him with her mouth, hungry for his tongue, and he obliged without hesitation. Only when the both of them parted lips to pause for air did he lean back, releasing her from where he had pushed her into the sofa.

His hands stayed beneath her shirt, unwilling to vacate just yet.

"Mayael I," his brow furrowed as he cast a look from her face to the front of his shirt, "... I understand if what is under here isn't to your liking... "

The sudden flush from before that had fired through his entire body seemed to coalesce along the ragged and roughly healed lines that crossed his chest. The pock marks from intrusive interrogator droid needles. The inkvine stitched scar that began at his sternum and traipsed its way down his center to hitch around his waist to end at almost his spine. Beneath the uniform, Kes Akiena was a patchwork of a man.

Bacta could only do so much in the face of Imperial torture, and he would've understood if the woman he had come to care for so deeply found him wanting.

He sat back fully then, allowing her space enough to sit up if she so desired.

And only then did his hands slide away from her chest, out from under her top to rest gently on both of her thighs. He couldn't help the instinctive, slight squeeze he gave them, relishing the strength they held.

"The Empire doesn't like to let a body go without making sure their mark is easy enough to... see."
    Last edited by Kes Akiena; Mar 3rd, 2021 at 03:12:45 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    She could see pain in his eyes, full of uncertainty and secret shame. It reminded her of her own feelings when she first came to station. That feeling of not belonging, that you were fluke in system. That everything was wrong, and was just waiting for shoe drop. In worst moment, when she almost gave up and went back to pirates, a kind Commander had given her good advice and second chance. Now it her turn, and she chose words carefully.

"No vone is perfect, Kes. Perfect is boring. Everyvone is... unique. We all different bodies, yes? If all same, then why bother? Boring. See, scar from blaster. Hurt so bad I think, maybe I die? But I no die. I live, and I different forever. Bodies be like story. Scar is story. Not ugly. There no ugly. Only different. If scar ugly, then lot of arm ugly, too?"

She held her arms aloft like magician presenting trick. She had little doubt that she was only four armed girl that Commander ever get this close to. She was as unique to him as a redheaded human commander of a space station was to her.

"You can leave shirt on." She leaned forward in seat so could meet him in middle; her hands finding his thighs and reciprocating squeeze. "I accept you any vay you are."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast