Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discomfort Zone

Comfort meant the body suit was coming off. It might be practical inside the armor but it was a real pain to wear all the time. I was more of a naked kind of person when I was alone on the ship or living somewhere on my own, but I don't think that's quite what Beck had in mind. For now. The girl had a way of teasing with her words, like something was going to happen. I'd believe it when I see it, because most of my interests never pay off in the end; but I was damn excited at the possibility. It made my guts hurts just thinking about it. I know I was hungry, but it felt like my stomach was already full of anxiety and anticipation. Oh god. I hope I can eat. It'll be really embarrassing if she goes through all the hassle of ordering food if I just bat it around on a plate. Great. Now my anxiety is worse.

At least the outfit she picked out for me was cute. It looked comfortable. I kind of wanted to see her in it, to my honest. I bet she looked really good in sweatpants and a shirt. Casual and thicc. Shit. Think about something else. I can feel myself turning red again. Oh fuck. Now she's taken off her glasses. I think I liked her with them on more. The nerdy look was cute, but wow. She looked good without them, too! She might just be all around attractive.

Jackpot.

"Umm, well. Er... What would jyou ljike to know? jI'm not verrjy jinterresstjing. jI'm frrom Carsshouljiss Prrjime. jI don't talk to mjy famjiljy becausse they arre all buttholess. jI ljike ssnack foodss and Gunjhin Anime. jI'm mjissssjing an earr and a tajil. Nothjing sspecjial."

That was all that came to mind when I thought about who I was. That was pretty much it without spilling into a whole lot of messy drama about just why I hate my mother to such a degree that I've written off my entire species and how much I hope the Cluster falls into a black hole some day. The galaxy would be a better place without it. That's not interesting information. Nothing about me is interesting. She had followed up with the more important of the two questions. I guess it was nice of her to throw me a bone like that, but let's be real. She definitely would rather hear about Abaddon. Who wouldn't?

"Abaddon jiss a merrcenarrjy and bountjy hunterr. Doess a lot of worrk jin the corrporrate ssectorr for megacorrpss. Lotss of corrpss emplojy merrcenarrjies forr all sorrtss of thjingss. He ljikess bountjy huntjing morre but none of the Gujildss wjill gjive hjim memberrsshjip sso he hass a harrd tjime fjindjing legjitjimate jobss. He ljikess the LassTech V-sserrjies and the ssmell of therrmal detonatorrss. He ajin't sscarred of nothjing and he's prractjically unkilljiable. People have trrjied but none of them have been able to put hjim down yet. He alwajyss getss back up. He's crrawled out of a sshallow grrave morre than once. Nothjing can keep hjim down. He'ss jindomjitable."

I looked down as I shifted the weight of the clothes in my arms, and saw that I was holding my stomach right where one of my worst injuries had been. I moved the hand back up to help hold the clothes. It wasn't worth thinking about, but the scar was really cool. I'd have to show Beck later.

She listened, taking in the concise and yet somewhat colorful descriptions of both Ori and Abby. It was the quick version, it seemed, and Tamera found herself appreciating that fact. No fluff, nothing dragged out, it was easy to get in a few short minutes. Course, the afternoon and evening lasted a bit more than a few minutes, and she was determined to not squander this sudden influx of good fortune.

Fidgeting with her glasses, she gave a slow nod before once more putting them back on.

A thin smile that seemed more dumb than anything, and absolutely inappropriate considering the conversational topic. She let Ori take over the holding of the clothes.

"Get comfortable, then."

And then a strange thing happened. For her it was monstrously brave and presumptuous. A gamble of a sort. Her weird smile seemed to freeze, and Tamera gave a henh a few seconds later. Her shoulders did a mini-sag for a fraction of a moment, and taking a quick chance, leaned in swiftly to deposit a fleeting little kiss to Ori's cheek. It was - in her mind, a sweet thing. Of course it probably appeared as a gawking show of awkwardness to anyone else.

"I'm gonna go get us some food," she couldn't help that stupid dummy grin that was threateningly pulling up the corners of her lips as she backed away then, through the doorway and into the hallway.

"Just," a gesture to the clothes that Ori now held, "... yeah. You know. I'll make sure to get the Ackbar's Platter."

What. Just. Freaking. Happened!? WHAT!!??

I reached up and touched my cheek. I had to know it was real, I needed to pinch myself. This felt real; but, like, this was a dream scenario right? Cute cheek kisses, putting on comfortable clothes, and SEAFOOD!? I'd had this exact dream before. I mean, close enough. Stuff was different. I was Abaddon in those dreams and the girls have changed over the years but like, this was what I wanted back when I was a teenager. Before Abaddon. This felt too good to be real. Something was going to go wrong. There was no fucking way this just kept going up for me. I'm going to say something stupid, or she's going to find something she doesn't like about me; or find out she really likes Abaddon and not me. That would be fine, I guess. I mean, Abaddon is a lot cooler than me. It's kind of like her being into me. But not really.

With a heavy sigh I pulled the zipper on my body suit from my throat all the way down to my groin and carefully peeled the skin tight, sticky fabric from my skin. It was a process, let me tell you. If you don't pull it away from your skin before peeling it back you'll give yourself carpet burn all across your body, and considering how little I'm wearing under this thing that would be a lot of sensitive bits that I would rather not hurt like that. Especially if I was going to maybe get spicy time tonight. If I've spent a few days in the suit I have to use talcum powder and a spatula. Zero out of ten with rice, do not recommend. Once I got the suit off I folded it up into a ball because seriously I don't have the time to nearly fold it. It's practically impossible. It was a weird sensation to be standing here almost entirely naked in another woman's bedroom. It made me feel very... vulnerable. I almost wanted that armor back. The armor was safe.

The clothes were as comfortable as they looked. The right level of broken in and worn out from use that made them slip right on. They were a lot warmer than the suit, too, but I still pulled the blanket back over my shoulders. Before leaving the room I checked myself in the mirror on the back on the door and made sure my hair was properly scooped to the correct side, leaving the shaved side fully exposed. My hair was fighting to go everywhere, but when you've worn a cap for an hour there was no fixing it. I should have worn some makeup or something. Not that it would have been very effective. I didn't exactly get a lot of practice with the stuff. I just looked so... bland. No shine, no guns. Just me. Oh well. There was nothing I could do to improve this without cosmetic surgery to move some of my stripes and dots; but that's the sort of thing mother would do, and fuck her.

Stepping out of the bedroom I went back toward the front room looking for Beck. She couldn't have gone far.

She was sitting at the bartop counter, a datapad held loosely as she scanned its' contents. Mostly work-related, as she'd made sure to swiftly place their dinner order with Best of Dac. You usually knew that a place with a simple name like that, it would be good. And she'd had her fair share of experience with delivery. She was no stranger to the lovely menu that BoD had to offer, and Tamera called upon her unique experience when ordering this evening's meal.

Poached exosquidra in a sea-salt and cream dressing.

Ice-lobster tails with a spicy butter dipping sauce.

A Glottlefish roll with kosabi and su sauce.

And a Khasva roll with roe and fresh sea kelp.

Everything was billed as fresh, and Tamera knew that they paid a top dollar to have their ingredients shipped in quick-like. Otherwise she'd not trust the menu. It was a perk of her job. A perk that of course was related to food.

Looking up from her datapad, she gave a strange sort of smile to Ori as the other woman emerged into the main living area of the small quarters.

"You look a lot more comfy," she grinned, setting the 'pad down and swiveling on her seat to face her companion fully.

The fact that Ori still kept a hold of the blanket was not lost on her, and Tamera slid from her seat, gesturing to the temperature controls.

"I can switch up the thermostat if you want... ?"

I found her perched at the counter with her face in a datapad. Some sort of primal instinct inside me wanted to sneak up on her and grab her from behind, but she spotted me long before I could even begin to creep. She might have caught me this time, but I promise I will get that sneak attack one of these days. She doesn't get to cute kiss me on the cheek and just get away with no repercussions, dammit! I'm going to make her pay.

"No. jIt'ss fjine. Thankss. jI'll warrm up jin a mjinute. jI'm not ussed to bejing jin the cold. jIt's verrjy warrm jinssjide Abaddon."

It hurt my brain a little to finish that sentence. Inside Abaddon? That was not something I normally said at all. It hurt my head a little to even think about it like that. There was me, and then there was Abaddon. I didn't like the sound of being inside of him. It didn't feel that way when I put on the armor. More like I got to play as him. Inside of him makes it sound like I'm way more involved in this process than I am. I'm not that cool. Abaddon is, but I'm not. Ugh. I'll have to unpack this one later. Right now I want to focus on Beck, who felt like she was trying to focus on me; and I'm not sure I like the spotlight.

"How long have jyou been on Jovan? jI can't even jimagjine ljivjing perrmanentljy on a sspace sstatjion. Ssoundss wjild."

It was a question that slightly caught her off guard. The thought of however long she'd been on Jovan was also a thought that hadn't ever really occurred to her.

"Well," she switched the pad over to sleep mode,"... I left Nar Shaddaa with a friend, and ended up on Ossus for a few weeks."

She gave a shrug while sliding from the stool and heading for the main living area and the sofa that was in it.

"Found out pretty quick that Jedi are really too weird to live around."

Plopping herself down to sit, Tamera angled her head to the side so that she could look at Ori. The other woman hadn't opted to make a quick exit after the awkward display in the bedroom earlier, so Beck took a small amount of courage from that.

"It's one thing to read those check-out line Jedi romance books; it's a whole other thing to actually be around them."

She rolled her shoulders as she leaned back, one leg coming up to fold under the other as she settled herself more comfortably.

"So I left and came here. Been here for... well I'm not sure exactly."

"Jedji?"

Jedi? She spent time with the Jedi! That's so cool! I'd heard a lot from old spacers and people who claimed to know a guy who said they saw a Jedi once. Unparalleled warriors with magic powers and light swords that can cut through a starship as easily as it cuts through flesh. I've had some real good times with a high end vibroblade, and the way it slides through a body feels like magic already; I can't even imagine what something as sharp as light would feel like. I mean, I'd tried to get my hands on a lightsabre many times, but the Ezay postings always end up being scandals, ambushes, or some lonely middle aged woman trying to get people to show up for her MLM recruitment drive. Luckily for me I've always been way more equipped than the guys running the schemes.

I like to think I paid handsomely, in ventilated lungs!

It didn't take long for me to cross over after her and position myself above the sofa next to her; and caught myself about to do a hard drop backwards. I forgot I wasn't wearing the armor again. It was right there, by the door, looking at me with it's empty hole. Judging me. I gave it a glare, for good measure. It's not the boss of me. Not right now. Shut up, Abaddon. I'm not putting you back on yet. I guess I'd gotten so used to wearing it that I didn't even think about sitting down normally, and as I did so the comfort felt strange. I spent most of my time in the armor, sitting in grav couches, or in my hammock when I'm on my ship. I was always working, after all. It's not like I was stopping to sleep in soft beds or taking off the armor all the time. I needed that shit on most days. You never know when you were going to suddenly get in a firefight while your in line trying to buy smokes. It happens a lot.

Settling into the couch I kept a little space between us. I want to get my mitts all over that hot bod but I didn't want to freak her out. Things were going way too nice for that. So I kept to myself. Not too far away, though. I don't want her to think I'm not interested. Gawd! This is so hard! Just... right out of touch. I crossed my legs up on the cushion so I could fit all of my inside the blanket. I had to admit, I was feeling a lot warmer.

"What wass jit ljike ljivjing wjith the Jedji? jI've hearrd a lot of sstorrjiess. Thejy ssound sso cool. jI've onljy met a few fakess. Thought thejy could sscarre me off bjy ssajyjing thejy know how to usse the forrce. jIf thejy djid, then the forrce doessn't sstop lasserrss."

"They're a bunch of wet blankets," she laughed as she got more comfortable on the sofa.

Ori's leg, comfortably cocooned in her blanket, was a scant few inched away from her own. It was enticing and like a temptress asking for contact. So close, and yet so far.

To satisfy her own most likely imagined aspirations for closeness, Tamera hitched her own legs up to fold herself contentedly. Her knee rested ever-so-slightly against Ori's.

"All they do is teach little ones - padawans - I think they're called. And when they aren't doing that, they're up in their big excavated library or off meditating."

She had a notion of the grand stories of Jedi warriors that her Cizerack companion was alluding to, but in her time on Ossus, Beck hadn't seen a bit of that.

"They're like... " she settled just a little bit more, letting the weight of her leg rest a little bit more on Ori's, and with a quick neck crack, she let one arm drape across the back of the sofa, fingertips draping down and impossibly close to Ori's blanketed shoulder.

"... like a bunch of praying monks."

"That'ss... djissappojintijng."

What a cryin' let down. I had always thought those guys would be a bunch of B.A.M.F's like the stories I'd heard. I guess it's like that saying, never meet your heroes. Wasn't the first time the stories didn't live up to my dreams. Last time I met my heroes I lost my tail. But I guess that was kind of my fault, so I don't have too many hard feelings for Mandalorians but yeah, they were not what I expected. Nothing like in my shows. Kind of a bunch of assholes, really.

I felt the couch move behind me, and due to my amazing situation awareness, I knew she had draped her hand behind the cushion and out of my peripheral vision, which is also amazing, I could see her arm was very close. And it made my heart freeze. What do I do? I like it. I really do. But it was terrifying to navigate this... whatever you want to call it. A dance, maybe? I skootch closer, she gets closer, but do I make contact first or does she? I don't know. I've never been in this situation. Like, ever. It's always been Abaddon, and he doesn't pussy foot around. He takes what he wants. He's not a nice guy, and that's what the girls like about him. Lights off and anything goes. There's no safety word, there's no trust or respect, no feelings. There was nothing Abaddon could do to help me here.

I could feel his eyes on me. I looked at him, stared him down like the animal he is. I could feel him whispering into my soul. He said some really gross stuff that was bringing the blush back to my face. But he was right. I should do something instead of sitting here waiting for her to make a move. It's scary, and I'm afraid. Fine! If you'll stop nagging me.

Picking up my legs and adjusting my position I made a quick move to slip in closer, right up against Beck so that our legs overlapped while also lifting up my arm and grabbing her dangling arm and bring it down on to my shoulder. Now what? Oh now your being quiet? Asshole. Turning my head away from the armor I was suddenly very close to her. I could see all the small details on her face; faded scars, the texture of her skin, the finer details on her glasses. I was aware of her smell, her warmth, and the sensation of her hand in my own as I held it to my shoulder. I didn't know what to do; so I did the only thing that made sense. I kissed her. On the cheek. Just like she had done to me in the bedroom moments ago. Her skin was softer than I imagined. I lingered on contact, and as I pulled back I rubbed my nose against her face; being careful not to bump her glasses.

Oh god. Was that okay? I couldn't look at Abaddon for reassurance. I didn't want to look away from her face. From her eyes.

The kiss made her grin, a reaction that she simply couldn't help. Ori had scootched close enough that Tamera felt confident enough to clutch the other woman close with her arm around the shoulder. It was a strange sensation, but still a little bit scary. The sort of scary that made the heart race in disbelief. It had been a long time since she'd been with anyone, let alone had a quiet-ish evening with another body, that was for sure.

"It wasn't all bad I guess," she couldn't help but chuckle out as her free hand went up to rest on her cheek where Ori had kissed her, "... there was a Chiss there that made amazing sandwiches... "

Each word that she spoke seemed to bring her closer in, as her arm around Ori drew closer as well, and with a quick, nervous lick of her lips, Tamera couldn't help the almost laughing smile.

"...Amazing... "

And then her lips brushed up against Ori's...

I felt like a powerless starship in a target lock. She kept getting closer, and I was frozen in place. Her lips touched mine, and I didn't know what to do at first. Abaddon did a lot of things with his mouth when the helmet came off in the dark, but kissing was not one of them. Thankfully my body just kind of took over, and I found myself kissing back; the muscles in my back pushing me forward ever so gently, like I could somehow get more of her in my mouth by pushing back. I stopped before I could get carried away. There was a part of me that was afraid I wouldn't stop. I wanted this so badly. I never realized how starved for personal contact I have become after months of just me on the streets and in my ship, alone except for my quarry. Isolation is nice until it's not.

Pulling my head back I rested the tip of my nose on her's and looked her in the eye. My hand came up and stroked the side of her cheek, tracing the length of her jawline and up to her ear to rub the soft of her earlobe. My other hand had escaped the blanket and was entangled in the fabric of her sleeve. I didn't even realize it was there.

"jYou'rre amazjing..."

Abaddon was screaming now. I didn't want to listen to him anymore. His ideas were bad. I shut him off. I wanted to live in this moment. Maybe forever. My hand has escaped the gravity of her cute little earlobe and had wrapped behind it to slip through the locks of her hair.

Ori's fingers winding through her hair was a sensation all its own, and Tamera grinned at the feeling. Someone else's touch was always such a lovely thing.

They were both now nose-to-nose.

Usually she had some weird folksy kloo horn chill vibe music playing, but in the moment, there was nothing. Just the breathing of two bodies in the same space.

And the sudden trill of a door chime.

Their dinner.

Tamera bit her lip for a fraction of a second, then shot forward to press her lips to Ori's for a quick moment. And in the next, they parted.

"Let me get us some food," she grinned while untangling herself from the Cizerack beauty she had found herself with.

It wasn't long before she was standing, and she just couldn't help herself. Leaning down, she delivered a kiss to Ori's forehead.

The doorbell came as a complete surprise, one that jolted me in place and sent me into a fight or flight response for all of two milliseconds before I calmed down and remembered the food. I had completely forgotten about it. How was I suppose to think about actual food when I had a complete snack on my hands already. I would be lying if I said I didn't expect something bad to be at the door in that moment. This was going way too well for my luck. The way my luck works there would be a gang of Rodian slavers armed with thermal detonator kill switches waiting on the other side of the door. It's amazing how many times I've had to deal that.

Any thought of danger was instantly forgotten as she kissed me. Again! One was crazy, but a second one was something else entirely. I tried to say something, tried to force some kind of pink goop of words together and shove out my mouth, but she silenced me with another kiss on my forehead. I felt my ear flutter and my face blush again. Goddess, I hope the stripes hide it!

I hated that she was leaving, but I was really enjoying watching her go. My eyes were firmly glued to her hams and didn't break for a moment, even as I resettled into the couch. I was feeling warm now. Really warm. I pulled the blanket free and made a poor effort of folding it on to itself and set it down on the arm of the couch before trying to sit back in a way that was inviting and not closed off. One foot down, the other bent under. I flipped my hair back and forth to make sure it was sitting properly and hiding my mangled ear like it was suppose to. I wanted to look my best, as best as I could. For her.

For those hams.

The door whisked open easily to reveal a somewhat harried Nikto, holding two overstuffed plastic bags of packed food. She recognized him. It was Josiaka.

"Got a delivery for you, Tee."

"Good good."

A sigh, and he seemed to shrug the bags into Tamera's hands.

"Gonna be 43.76."

By some miracle, Tamera handed him a credit chit keyed to the amount, as well as a 30% tip. It made the Nikto pause, and he looked at her in surprise. She gave a shockingly fake smile.

"Tee... "

"You're at the right place at the right time," she cast a furtive glance back into her quarters, at the back of Ori's head as the other woman was fidgeting on the sofa. Immediately her gaze switched back to the delivery man.

"Just wish me luck, yeah?", and Tamera accepted the chit back in the only way that she could with both hands fully of food bags; with her mouth.

He smiled knowingly at her then, gave a mock salute, and stepped back.

The door closed.

When she turned around, she began the happy march to the kitchen area with both hands full and her teeth clenching her chit card.

"Ssmellss grreat."

The words fell out of my big dumb mouth as I snuck up behind her in the kitchen. Yeah, the comment was topical but I really just wanted an excuse to sneak up behind her as quietly as I could on my bare feet. I wanted to grab those hams, but that was for later. Instead I just grabbed her waist from behind suddenly and made of a big show of looking over her shoulder at what she had brought in from the door. It was silly, and kind of stupid, but it felt right and it was the kind of cutesy stuff I saw a lot in my Gunjin animes. Little cute girls doing little cute acts so they could get little cute head pats while making little cute faces. A lot of the time they were some kind of cat girl on top of it, which felt accurate in this moment, but usually just annoyed the crap out of me.

The closeness was an enjoyable feeling, and Tamera bit her bottom lip to hide a creeping grin that threatened to overtake her. Setting the bags on the counter, she began to liberate the contents with a slowness, relishing the moment.

There was just such a lovely mood to the evening so far, and she let her head loll to the side so that it rested against Ori's.

"You know," she couldn't help but chuckle, "... I gotta say I wasn't exactly expecting to spend this late afternoon and evening with... "

With admittedly still a stranger? It wasn't the craziest hookup she'd ever had, that was for sure. And honestly, Ori had come to Jovan even if it'd been in the area of her last job. Usually the sorts of impressions that Tamera made were of the sort that made folks edge away, not come back. And hoenstly? She'd never expected to see the Cizerack woman after they parted ways on Centares.

She let her grin overtake her then, as she popped open one of the plastic covers, exposing a perfect Khasva roll. She plucked one of the slices up, holding it delicately as she shifted it up and to the side, presenting it to Ori for the other woman to take a bite.

"... an evening with a dashing bounty hunter and the sort of gal that I think is just the coolest ever."

Tamera Beck. Queen of the Smooth Talkers right here, folks.

Cool? I think she had us mixed up again. Dashing? Definitely not. I was barely getting words out of my big dumb mouth. Hardly as smooth as Abaddon, who always knew what to say and do. He could punch through a wall, too. Which on the scale on cool to not cool, is pretty cool; and not something I can do at all. I think my wrists would explode if I tried.

I was going to say something back but my attention was immediately drawn to the delicious smelling food she was waving in my face. I took a bit, being careful not to bite her fingertips. That wouldn't be the best way to start the night, and I was saving the biting for later anyways. I chomped the bite thoughtfully between my teeth while I thought about my next words. It was hard to concentrate on the food with such a delicious snack between my fingers.

"jI have to admjit, thjiss jiss gojing a lot betterr than jI thought jit would."

It was all I could think to say. I'm not really much of a talker. Abaddon is. She was being kind of silly and honest, so it felt like I should say something similar back. Although, I think I might be a little too honest. I was really expecting this to blow up in my face. Either she wouldn't want to see me, or the classic; I'd find her in the arms of her boyfriend or something. Wouldn't be the first time I've had painfully awkward encounters with ladies I fancied from afar. Although, none of them knew what I looked like underneath the armor. They only knew Abaddon. That already put Beck and this encounter into a completely different category. It was all uncharted space from here and I'm drifting through the void without a suit and the danger of running out of oxygen.

What else could I say? That I've been thinking about this encounter every night since we met? That was totally too honest and not something I want to admit just yet. I want to at least pretend I have my shit together.

"Thesse ssort of thjingss ussualljy blow up jin mjy face."

"Well then, that makes two of us," she reassured while taking up a slice of the wrapped roll and plopping the who piece into her mouth. It was delightful, and it gave her motivation to open another to-go container.

A pair of Ice-lobster tails were revealed, as well as two small containers of the spicy butter sauce.

Both tails rested on a luxuriant bed of Ithorian spring keela leaves, giving the entire dish an exotic appearance that was as beautiful as it was delicious-looking.

"For me, stuff like this usually only lasts for a night, and that's about it."

Reaching over, Tamera pulled open a cupboard drawer and drew out two forks. One she offered to Ori.

"Here's hoping we both have some better luck tonight, yeah?"

A slight shift back to allow a little more room, and she planted another little kiss to Ori's cheek.

"Not to mention, the new season of Ghost Force dropped today on Holoflix, so that right there is already a sign of good luck."

"Ghosst forrce?"

I had no idea what that was, but it sounded kind of cool. It almost sounded like a Gunjin title. An elite group of teenage ghost hunters must overcome their angst in order to defeat the ninety-nine ghost lords of Undeath. Halfway through the season you find out one of the teenagers is a ghost lord, or the son of a ghost lord, and it's a whole thing. One of the teenagers won't stop winning long enough to pilot his ghost blasting battle mecha and gets his friends killed because of it. But by the end of the show he's so strong he gets to fight the Ghost King and wins with the power of friendship. Classic Gronnen protagonist plot. I'd watch it, to be honest. Sounds way better than that last one I watched.

"jI thjink jI'll need at leasst two njightss to fjigurre jyou out."

I replied very matter of factly before returning the kiss. If she thought for one second that I was going to sit back and let her out-cute me, she had another fucking thing coming! I am going to cute her so hard she's going to fucking die!

"Mosst people don't everr ssee me ljike thjiss, and jyou've sseen me out of the arrmorr twjice now; sso jI guessss we've got that gojing forr uss."

Twisting about so that the two now faced each other, Tamera couldn't keep the grin from her lips. Reaching up, she adjusted her glasses - a movement that was mostly unnecessary.

"Lucky for you then," she couldn't help herself then, and extending a single index finger, delivered a boop to Ori's nose, "... I have tomorrow off."

There was, of course, the matter of Ori not knowing about Ghost Force, and Tamera whirled right back around to take up the dish of lobster tail. She handed it off to Ori while gathering up the rest of their dinner.

"And Ghost Force, that's the best show on Holoflix right now. A bunch of ghost hunters go and explore old ruins and try to contact the dead. Last season they even went to an old Jedi crypt."

Her eyebrows seemed to waggle a little as she sidled her way out from the kitchenette area and out to the living area. She turned an eager smile to her companion, and it was easy to see how excited she was. Mostly because she was getting to share the experience. She'd never really been able to do anything like this before. Usually it was just her, her Cuddie (gotten on a late night HVC binge, plus the host/salesperson sad it was the most comfortable thing on the market), and a pack of gourmet muudabok cheese.

And for as nervous as she was, there was just as much excitement over the fact that she was about to have a night with someone she liked. A lot.

"They got a bunch of activity on their psymeters, and the K-pod they had with them was going crazy. And that's not even considering the holo-dot grid picking up a bunch of movement and their ghost-comms picking up all sort of chatter."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast