Oh man. It was like blowing a hole in a sea wall. The water just came flooding in but instead of angry squid people it was information and datapoints that I had no idea what to do with. The way she spoke about it, the excitement and passion in her voice, well I couldn't help but pay attention. She might as well have been speaking in a language I didn't understand, which was most of them if I'm being honest. I still tried to navigate the waters and pick out important terms to remember for later, but mostly I was focused on her face. How she beamed and radiated.

"What do thejy do when thejy fjind the ghosstss? Do thejy sshoot them?"

I knew that was the wrong answer but fuck if I could think of anything else to do. Seriously, if a ghost showed up in my home I'd shoot the shit out of it. I would use every blaster and explosive I had until either that thing was dead or I was. I'm not afraid of no ghosts, but I don't want to live with one neither. I took up a cross-legged position on the couch so I could balance the trays of food on my legs without fear of spilling it everywhere. Her apartment was pretty clean, by my standards anyways. I didn't want to make a mess or soil anything. The blanket was deposited over the arm of the coach; out of spilling range I would think but knowing me I would somehow manage to splash it still.

"Do the ghosstss fjight back? Ssoundss dangerrouss, and kjind of rrad."

I was going to have to check with the next bounty board to see if there were any jobs involving ghost hunting, and how well they paid. Could be a refreshing change of pace, and it'd be a good story for Beck. It would give me an excuse to come back if I had a cool ghost story to tell, right?