TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Lindz
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LindsayG85 Steam ID: Lindz85

Closed Look To The Sky (Serah/Vic)

(Three days after Growing up Rishi)

"I'll find you again Serah! I promise! No monster will keep us apart forever."

Each and every night, this was the promise Suri sent through the Force for years, hoping, yet not knowing if Serah ever got them. Every day that went by, the blind force sensitive girl clung onto that promise, yet lamented each and every day that went by that she could do nothing to fulfill it. Up until recently, Suri couldn't do a damn thing... that was until Vic Starfallen showed up on Rishi, the world Suri was trapped on. Miraculously, Vic knew Serah and where her twin was. What's more, Vic was kind enough to allow her passage on her ship to Ossus, the planet her twin now lived on. Her kindness was overwhelming and so grateful was she of Vic's kindness that Suri promised to earn her keep on board Vic's ship and it was a promise Suri kept. She shared her knowledge and skills and learned some new skills in the process. Her time on board Vic's ship and spending time with the crew made her think a lot about her future. Now that she was free from Rishi and soon to reunite with Serah, Suri wondered where her path would take her next.

One step at a time, Suri... don't think too far ahead now. You haven't reunited with Serah yet. Let's see where things go with her before you jump too far ahead. she reminded herself as she got herself ready to sleep. Watching Tsita, the Togruta crew member she was bunking with for the trip as she slept, Suri felt a pang of sadness. They may have only been friends for a few days but it was enough for Suri to hope that this meeting wouldn't be their last. It had been a long time since she'd ever considered anyone a friend and she'd quickly made friends with most, if not all of the crew. It won't be the last time we meet. I'll make sure of that... she thought to herself before closing her eyes. Tomorrow was the day when Serah and Suri would reunite.

Since arriving on ship, however, Suri had not sent her thoughts through the Force, hoping Serah would somehow receive them. With so much going on, the girl had been so tired and fell completely asleep. Tonight though, Suri reached out in the Force as she slept. The connection was so much stronger now than it ever had been. They were so close now that Suri knew her sister would receive this one last communication in the Force before they finally, physically reunited.

"Look to the sky tomorrow, sister. I promise, you won't be disappointed."
    Last edited by Suri Jaxx; Jun 28th, 2020 at 05:27:06 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    For so many years, Serah had held onto the hope, the visceral certainty, that she would reunite with her twin sister. She didn't know how it would come to be; but she knew it would. She often felt echoes of her presence even if the galaxy was too vast for her to pinpoint where Suri was. While she wasn't necessarily the most patient girl in the world, Serah knew how to be for what mattered. Her faith had paid off when she had met the Jedi who had directed her to Ossus, upon her promise to uphold the Light, always.

It had been a few months since the padawan had lived at the Jedi enclave; even though even calling herself as such made her uncomfortable. She still didn't really know how to go about finding a mentor; nor was she sure whether it was the right time. So she had continued honing her Force sight and the other skills she had picked during her life, including her gift with machinery. Working at the hangar and helping with maintenance had been a way to earn her keep and be of service.

She was enjoying building new connections at the Enclave though, such as Private Karcsi and a couple of Jedi. She was grateful that not just Jedi lived there, because she was still adjusting to being surrounded by so many Force users, making their presences often so much brighter and vivid, even though life could be a kaleidoscope of auras more often than not.

It was early morning when she rose, as often, and walked outside to feel the rising sun warm the gardens. When she had gone to bed the previous night, she had felt something stir within her, a promise to unravel. As she walked along the pathway through the gardens that would lead her towards the hangar and landing pads, time stopped as a faint echo suddenly crystallized into tangible reality.

Suri was on the way.

Without hesitation, she let the Force course through her veins more powerfully, her heart light and eager, as she rushed to her destination.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Lindz
    Gamer IDs

The following morning, Suri awoke early. Eagerly packing her things and strapping her weapons to her back, the blind girl was excited, knowing full well that today was the day the sisters would unite. No longer would they be alone in this galaxy. They would finally have each other and she had Vic and her crew to thank for it. As the hyper jump ended and Ossus came into view, Suri's heart skipped many a beat. The connection between her and her twin was growing the closer they got to the planet. The girl finally allowed herself to be giddy as the planet grew closer and the turbulence of reentry shook the ship. This was it... this was really it! For so long they were forced apart and now... now they were so close to reunification that she was quietly wishing they'd hurry up and land so that she could get off and embrace her dear sister again. It was incredibly difficult to keep her emotions in check as the gentle thud of the ship landing and powering down and as she thanked everyone on board, giving each a handshake or a hug, Suri couldn't help but shed a couple of tears. As the door opened and lowered to the ground, Suri eagerly ran out and took in her surroundings. The Force showed her many things. People, animals, ships, buildings, they all had their particular colours in the Force. However, her Force Sight showed her the one person she'd really wanted to meet as a bright, excited figure coming towards her quickly. Her blind eyes widened with joy as she ran off the ship.

"Serah!" she called out, opening her arms wide, ready to embrace her sister. The impact of the two embracing in the Force, however accidentally toppled Suri and she took her sister to the ground with her, the younger twin laughing in joy as the pair ended up in a heap, with Suri at the bottom. "Oof! Haha!" she laughed as she pulled her sister in for a hug despite being sprawled on the floor. Suri didn't care what the pair looked like. This was their time, no one else's.

"Sorry it took so long but....I kept my promise. I'm here now."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    Serah had learned her way around the landing area and most of the enclave at this point, and there weren't many people to zigzag through this early anyway. She made short work of rushing to the landing pad. She zeroed on her twin's signature.

She vaguely connected the dots with presences that rang a bell; but it wasn't what mattered right now. Suri was here at last, and after years separated, the teenager could barely wrap her head around it. It had been a long and sometimes excruciating test of faith, but the reward was unfolding.

"Suri!!"

She laughed as their collision sent them toppling onto the ground, and both sisters were crushing each other in the most loving hug. She felt surprise around them; but didn't care, and there was too much joy radiating from the set of sisters for anyone to worry about what was going on.

She eventually sat up, pulling her twin with her, and hugged her again. "I knew you'd come to Ossus. I was guided here to wait for you."

If she could find the Jedi who led her here, she'd likely bear hug them as well.

"How did you get here?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Lindz
    Gamer IDs

Suri was so incredibly happy. After a decade of emptiness from the loss of her twin from her life, they were finally back together. As the two got back to their feet and hugged each other once more, Suri embraced her once more, nuzzling her sister and taking a deep breath. Her scent was so familiar, so comforting and yearned for for so long. The twins had shared a womb together and up until their parents had forced them apart, they were always together. When she was left all alone on Rishi, it was Serah she yearned for even more than their mother. Now they were finally together again... and Suri was determined to never lose her sister again.

"I'm so happy you found somewhere safe..." she said, still wrapped in her sister's embrace, tears of ecstatic happiness pouring from her eyes. "Never did a single day go by when I didn't think of you or dream of this moment. I hope this isn't a dream...I never want to wake up if it is."

Suri lifted her head and looked directly at Serah as she asked how she got to Ossus. Smiling happily, the younger twin joked, "I flew. How else would I get here? Hehe!" wiping the tears from her eyes, after giggling, the girl explained her circumstances as she looked behind her to the ship she'd just left, noticing Vic and some of the crew watching the reunion. "I was hunting for food in the jungles on Rishi when I encountered Vic Starfallen. She said she knew you and that you were here. She was kind enough to take me to Ossus even though I didn't have a credit to my name."

Suri then looked to her sister once more. "How long have you been here for?" she asked, clasping her hands together. She knew there would need to be talks about their parents soon and she dreaded talking to Serah about their mother. It was a talk that could not be avoided, even if it hurt a lot to do so.
    Last edited by Suri Jaxx; Jun 28th, 2020 at 05:45:17 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    Vic had to say that Suri was the perfect guest and the whole crew loved her from the get go, her strong but kind spirit, her resourcefulness and her humor. She was happy that the teenager seemed enough at ease around them. She was especially happy for Tsita as she knew that the latest recruit was also their youngest and having someone else her age around brought a new light out of the Togruta. Heck, she would consider the blind teenager as a new addition; but it wasn't something she would put on the table so far. She could tell how reuniting with her twin was for Suri, and if there was something she actually respected, it was family. She might have very little morals by some stuck-up standards; but family was sacred.

As soon as her ship landed, she heard the mini commotion as Suri rushed outside. Vic wasn't a Force wizard but she knew bits and pieces about how they operated, which was likely even crazier given that the girls were twins. She made her way outside once the sisters were on the ground, laughing and clinging to each other.

This made the corsair smile, and she didn't want to interrupt for a bit. She was happy she got to help them. She realized that most of the crew was staring peeking over her shoulder and Tsita's. She clicked her tongue and stared at her crew, but knew that while they were all dangerous beings they loved themselves a cute moment if it involved family. They were Tainarian, that ran in their blood.

When the girls started talking, she stepped forward and was glad that Suri was already reunited with her twin, without having to go on some scavenger hunt around the enclave.

"Hey Serah," she said with a grin.

"You two look ridiculously cute."

There was no snide in her tone, as she was so happy for them.

"When I met Suri, she reminded from you at once. Glad I could help you two."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    As much as life on the farm had been good, and her adoptive parents had done their best to raise her right and teach her hard work as well as being a loving and kind person, Serah had always missed her twin sister. When they had got separated, she had understood too well that it was farewell to their biological parents; but she had always yearned to be reunited with her twin. She had kept the faith alive, even when years, over a decade, had gone by.

For one of the very few times in her life, Serah shed tears, but not of sorrow this time.

"I've missed you every single day. I had to believe we'd find our way back to each other. I didn't know where to look for you."

She almost felt guilt, though she knew that she had heeded the summon to Ossus, reuniting with Suri a few months later.

The brunette laughed at her sister's quip, one she could have very well made herself. It was nice that the quirky humor was yet another thing they shared.

"Rishi? That's on the other side of the galaxy! And Starfallen? But, she was there a few..."

She looked up into Vic's direction and recognized the crew and she laughed again.

"That's something!"

As the ship's captain walked towards them, she grinned at her.

"Hi, Vic," she replied with a grin.

When her sister asked her how long she had been on Ossus, she shrugged lightly. "Just a few months."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Lindz
    Gamer IDs

Suri looked back at Vic with a large grin on her face. She was forever grateful for Vic bringing her here though did blush slightly when she said the two of them looked cute together. "I'm forever grateful for you bringing me here, Vic! Thank you!" she said before moving to embrace Vic. "If I can be of any help in the future. Please let me know and I'll do what I can!"

Turning to her sister once more, Suri was curious when Serah said she'd only been on Ossus a few months. Her brow furrowed a little at this revelation. "Where were you before coming here then? Was.... was father with you?" she asked. A part of her sensed that, like Suri, Serah had a tale to tell of her circumstances and the younger twin was all ears for her sibling's answer. Given that she couldn't sense him nearby nor in the Force, however, she figured Serah's answer to the status of their father may not be a pleasant one.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    Vic was surprised when Suri embraced her, but she returned the hug without hesitation. She felt compelled to even ruffle the teenager's hair; but chose not to. She was glad that Suri had been comfortable with them.

"We'll be in touch I'm sure of that. And you'll always be welcome with us."

Tsita moved forward and gave a big hug to Suri as well. She was a bit more emotional than Vic.

"I'll miss you and hope you have a blast here."

She waved to Serah.

"Glad you two could find each other again."

Vic came to lace an arm around the Togruta's shoulders.

"We'll go fetch your belongings and be on our way. You stay with your sister."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    Serah smiled as she watched Suri embrace Vic and then another girl. As they wandered off to retrieve her twin's belongings, she grinned to her sister.

"You've made friends with them. The one our age is going to miss you."

When Suri asked her about her previous whereabouts and their father, she sighed.

"Father never stayed with my guardians on Uyter. I couldn't follow his life thread after a few months."

She looked at her sister, expecting the heavy truth about their mother.

"Was mother with you? I felt her fade several years later."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Lindz
    Gamer IDs

Suri embraced Tsita in a tight hug, noticing the emotion in the Togruta's voice. The two had become great friends on the three days she spent with her and the crew and their time together was a steep yet enjoyable learning curve for the blind huntress. Despite her initial distrust, Suri still had the ability to make friends, goof around and let her guard down to show a side of her that was not only kind, but determined, reliable. She'd miss them as much as they'd miss her. Rather than express that sorrow, however, Suri pulled a reassuring smile for Tsita. "This isn't the last we'll see of each other Tsita. I can promise you this." Suri said as she pulled back from the embrace. "Our paths will cross again and we'll have even more fun than ever before. You'll see."

She gave Vic a nod in acknowledgement as she said to stay with Serah while they brought Suri's belongings out. It allowed the twins to speak about the respective parent they left with so long ago. While saddened about their father essentially abandoning Serah, she didn't seem entirely surprised about his decision. At least, in her mind, he had the decency to leave Serah with people that took care of her. When Serah asked about their mother, Suri was initially reluctant to talk about what happened four years ago. It was still incredibly painful to remember what happened, but Serah had to know... she deserved to know. "The bounty hunters from the Royal Hapan Guard attacked us four years ago." she said sadly. It was really the first time she'd confronted that day since it happened ad she'd concentrated more on survival than the past. Her tone as a result seemed stoic, yet a hint of emotion was there in her voice as she continued. "Mother told me to run but I got cornered. I had to jump down a waterfall to escape the hunter but I was badly injured as a result. I don't know what happened after that. I was treated by a flock of Rishii some time later. I apparently found some strength to get to them and collapsed soon afterwards. I don't know what happened to Mother but I haven't sensed her presence since the attack."

It was far tougher than she thought to relive that moment. Looking down and clasping her left arm with her right hand, Suri did her best to regain her composure. "Enough sorrow. This is a good day." she said, looking up and pulling a smile at her sister, playfully pressing against her shoulder. "We're reunited. It makes all we've been through worth it."
    Last edited by Suri Jaxx; Jun 30th, 2020 at 03:59:13 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    Tsita smiled fondly at Suri, already looking forward to when their paths would cross again. It had been nice to have someone around her age aboard the ship. She loved Vic and the rest of the gang but it had been a different experience. She was happy and grateful that Suri appreciated her company as well. "I'll see you around, Suri. You go enjoy your reunion with your sister! I'm so happy we could help you find her again!"

With a last quick hug, the Togruta wandered off and soon the boarding ramp was secured and only once the sisters were away, would the ship safely take off after the Enclave gave them the green light.

Serah was glad that Suri had found new friends, like she had slowly been at the Enclave. As much as she had loved her guardians back on Uyter, and got along with a bunch of the locals, she hadn't formed very deep connections with many others. Getting the opportunity to do that - albeit slowly as she was still getting used to the whole new Jedi life matter - had been a welcome change.

The brunette felt the shift in her twin's aura when she inquired about their mother. "Thank you for telling me. I am sorry that this happened but I am grateful for the Rishii to save you and give you a place to be."

She paused, thinking about their parents. She knew in her heart that they were likely with the Force at this point; but they had done the best they could for both sisters and she was grateful for that.

Suri's words brought her back to the moment and she smiled before pulling her twin in for another hug, before playfully ruffling her hair. "Heck yes!! I am so happy you're here. I didn't know when you may show up but I knew I was supposed to be here. It has worked out!"

She tilted her head. "So let me help you with your belongings and we'll get you sorted out! Do you want to share quarters or get your own?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Lindz
    Gamer IDs

Suri watched through the Force as Vic and her crew left on board their ship. A prang of sadness ached momentarily but she knew in her heart she'd meet them again. They had an ally in her and if she was able, she'd gladly help them in their time of need. For now though, she had to find her feet in this strange life she'd suddenly been dropped into. Suri knew very little about the Jedi apart from stories their mother once told and in truth, the girl thought they were little more than fables designed to inspire a sense of hope that they'd be her 'saviours' when in truth, the only person that could save her was herself. Being on Ossus now, however, had made the girl realise that the Jedi were real. The questions in the girl's mind were, were they truly the saviours of the galaxy like their mother had said, or were they merely people put on high pedestals by deeds those without their training would call 'heroic'? Were their differences with those that wielded the dark merely a twisted view of the same ideals? Would she be able to fit in here or would her path merely make her stay with them temporarily, only for her to have to find her own way with or without Serah? It had been so long since she'd seen her sister that, despite their twin bond, were they now very different people because of their vastly different upbringings? Their mother had taught Suri Force skills that allowed her to survive the wild, but she'd also taught Suri not to blindly follow the ways of the light or dark. She could almost hear her mother's words now. 'Stray too far into the light and it will blind you as easily as diving into the deepest dark.' Suri sensed the light was strong here, but was that necessarily a bad thing? She'd need to speak to the Jedi themselves to find the truth.

Those thoughts were supressed for now as Serah jumped with glee and pulled her in for another hug and playfully roughing her hair. Suri could not help but laugh as she briefly nestled into her sister's shoulder, taking in a deep breath through her nose to recapture her sister's scent, relieving a longing that had lingered for so long that it was almost like a lifted weight off her shoulders. As she pulled back and handed Serah one of her bags, Suri listened to her sister's question of whether she wanted to share quarters or get some of her own and instinctively said, "Share!" though suddenly realized that, in a way it was for selfish reasons. She'd been without family for so long that she didn't want to be by herself again. Was her decision to want to share quarters with her twin something Serah was ok with? Was it something she wanted as much as Suri did? Suri stuttered slightly as she added, "I..i..if its alright with you of course. If you prefer to have separate quarter's I'd understand though."

Another thought came to her, however and Suri looked to Serah in hopes she'd be able to answer her question. "Do I.. umm.... who should I talk to about joining your order?" she asked. "I'm certain they'd not want someone that's not a part of the order sleeping in their quarters long term without first introducing myself to them..."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    Serah was curious about what Suri thought may happen or what she expected of the Jedi. While the young woman had had good interactions with the Jedi here and had been welcomed, she still remained on the edge of the order in her view, partaking in farming and mechanical help around the Enclave, for it felt more natural. She liked the idea of training in the ways of the Force, and whoever she had met back on Uyter had led her here for this purpose as well but it had no specific timetable and she had chosen to make herself useful but on her own terms for the time being.

Her heart burst with joy at being reunited with her twin after all these years but it was also a bit daunting for they had both become their own person without the other, instead of having each other along the way to cheer, challenge, and support each other.

Their hug grounded her for the time being and Suri's nearness was a bizarre mix of unknown and yet comfort, a sense of home that she had been missing but knew from dreams and hopes. She fetched the offered bag and began leading the way towards buildings further into the Enclave. She grinned at her sister's answer for living arrangements. She chuckled when Suri seemed to second-guess her instinctive answer.

"I'd be happy to share a room with you! My quarters are fairly small but the bed is big enough for us and there is a refresher unit. I just take food at one of the dining halls or bring something either to the room or elsewhere I'd like to have a meal at."

She smiled as they reached a paved pathway surrounded by trees. "Once we set you up in our quarters, I'll take you to the library. It might be the best bet to find one of the Jedi to speak to. I talked to a Knight when I arrived and they took me in when I explained what brought me here. I... I've not been formally training yet but they still are fine with me here and I make sure to help with things around the enclave."