Thread: Phantoms of a Forgotten Age

Threaded View

Complete Phantoms of a Forgotten Age

The armada descended on to the homeworld of our enemy, like black spires falling to strike against the metal world. Their territories would be ours. The Sith Empire would consume them.

We watched.

Our forces returned battered, with morale forever damaged. The survivors fought among themselves. Sadow and Kressh. Kings fighting over ash.

We waited.

The Republic followed, emboldened by their victories. They were out for blood, and we were too busy spilling our own. We could not withstand them. We could not withstand ourselves.

We hid.

While our capital burned and our kin died in the millions in the space above, we gathered our remaining troops, those still loyal to the Master, and we buried them beneath the jungles of Ch'hodos to wait for a better day.

I slept.

The Empire was undone. Torn to pieces by our enemies. We had awoken a sleeping giant who's wrath we could not withstand. Our people were annihilated and scattered to the winds. Our worlds occupied and discarded.

I slept.

Our worlds became nothing but empty tombs on barren surfaces. Nature reclaimed them. Their environments collapsed. Many becoming wastelands. Ch'hodos sun expanded and it's slow heat death ravaged a once lush world.

I slept.

Above me the world became barren and hostile, the home of renegade sithspawn and mutated fauna. A world of monsters. The river that hid us dried and it's bed cracked. Thousands of years passed and our shelter fell away, revealing the edges of the hidden facility.

I slept.

One by one the suspension tubes around me failed, and with each of them the life inside grew cold and died. They would never wake. Their dreams turning to nothing. The light in my tube flickers and wanes, growing fainter. I exist on the edge of a razor.

And still I sleep.
    Last edited by Skalk; Jan 29th, 2021 at 09:41:51 PM.