"Naw, dawg, I'm sure you're gonna repeat some of my mistakes. That's inevitable. But I would be a whack-ass teacher if I didn't show you new ways of scopin' things out, yo."

Reaching behind his neck, Fook fiddled with the clasp on one of the gold chains he wore, slipping it off before laying it on the table.

"I'm not sayin' you'll just be hittin' them jobs you is prime for, L-dawg," he said with a sigh. "But, that's where you'll start. You done seen this galaxy, at least more of it than the average playa, but you young. And that ain't your fault, dig? But there's shit you don't know. Things you ain't seein' the way you will a few years down, or even just one year. You want to pick up them new skills? Be in on that fresh shit? You be the king of what you know, and you add that shit one small piece at a time."

Another necklace came off, then another.

"Playas want it all up front. But they don't appreciate it right," he said, unclasping his heavy wrist chrono, and slipped it off his wrist to add to the growing pile. "You don't get it all when you want it, G. You get it when you earn it." The final necklace came off, and he rubbed the ruff of his neck to smooth out the crease in his fur the chains had left. "And not all that shit has the same price. Some big shit you luck into. But then there's that little shit, them bits what changes you, what unlocks options?" He asked, reaching up to unfasten one of the pair of diamond stud earrings he wore. "That shit comes with hard, hard work, once you're ready to be takin' that step."

The other earring was removed next, and placed with care among the glittering pile of excess before him. While he enjoyed his bling, the wah looked every bit as complete without it, and he stared across the table at Loki, a plain man. "Your limits? You'll find those, but don't go seeking them out. Instead, be you, and those other elements will find their place in time."