Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outsiders No More

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Kavan was quite surprised when Spark suddenly asked if he could join the hunting party. He honestly had no idea how well the other man would do, despite being decent at fishing.

"I have no say in the matter; but you can talk to Enjo. He's the Great Sister's second in command for hunts now. And even if I tried to put in a good word for you, not only does he hate off-worlders; but he especially hates me since the the Great Sister won me, albeit by accident, as a new slave a few months ago."

He patted the Corellian on the shoulder.

"Didn't I see you with that kid who adores the Great Sister though? Isn't Daca her name? She might be your in if you want to join. Even as a child, she's pure Dathomiri and a girl, so that would work in your favor."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Spark's shoulders slumped, thinking, Of course I'd think he could help me, when he really has no more power or clout than I do... well, that's not true, he DOES have more clout, considering that I have zero...

But, he nodded at what Kavan said.

"Yeah, it's just that I'm Daca's..." Spark paused, then shrugged, "...playmate, at best. So, I doubt she'd see any value in having me hunt."

Frustration rippled through him at his situation, and he again felt that dark undercurrent of energy course through him. It wasn't unpleasant, he found, but it was unnerving as he didn't know what to do about it, if anything.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Kavan's senses picked on the darkness rippling from Spark, which surprised him as he hadn't necessarily expected the other foreigner to be gifted. The more he used that, the better off he would be. The former military had definitely been embracing it since crash landing on this planet.

"Utilize this, even if you think that it's getting you nowhere. She's the Great Sister's ward, and that has clout around here. Also, that fish you got, make sure to speak to Sister Adeva. She has the bark and definitely the bite; but she generally takes care of provisions for hunting expeditions. Getting in her good graces can help you get closer to being part of the hunting parties, especially as some more fishermen and fisherwomen have opportunities now that we've moved."

There was only so much Kavan had power over but he had been observing the internal politics of the Clan and leveraged what he could.

"Also, make sure to learn as much of their language as you can. I know they have a few dialects mingling, but whichever you get used to will already be a huge step forward."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Spark lifted a brow, looking skeptical, but listening all the same. What Kavan said made sense, of course, but he suspected all of those things were easier for Kavan to have accomplished... just because he was Kavan, and he was Spark. Kavan was smart and suave, resourceful. And Spark was... Spark.

"Thanks," he said. "I'll keep seeing what I can do."

If nothing else, Spark thought, Daca and I do have fun. But as she gets older, for how much longer will the status I have with her last?

He lifted both brows, lost in thought. Spark sighed, shook his head, and looked back to Kavan.

"Anyway, thanks. I better get this haul of fish back."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12