Ah, yes. Victory. Some resistance had been expected but instead they folded immediately. Good. While Slate had no qualms with razing this entire settlement to the ground, it would be time wasted that could be better spent continuing the crusade. The galaxy was a very large place, and this mud puddle would be but a footnote in the history of the Leh'ben Empire. And like the rising of the sun, their ascension was inevitable.

With a gesture of his hand Clay and the other hunters dispersed and began moving through the settlement. Leaving only the Templar Guard at his back. Standing tall, long rifles butts resting on the ground in relaxed parade formation.

"It will not take long for my men to root out any of the vile beasts. They have special, keen senses that will sniff them out immediately. However, that does give us a moment to discuss other business..."

With a turn of his head back and forth to looked along the edges of the settlement with his one good eye, pausing and noting weak defensive potions or holes in the perimeter.

"... I can't help but notice you are in a vulnerable position. An otherwise uninhabited world, alone by yourself against the forces of nature and any brigands who happen to discover you here. You could spend the next hundred years and never see another ship pass your skies, or you could spend the next hundred years being endlessly raided by pirates, forcible conscripted by the Empire, or manipulated by dark forces. The galaxy has become a very dangerous, volatile place. Even these Unknown Regions are being increasingly explored and mapped. It will not be long before we are all revealed. But I do bring a solution, and come bearing gifts. A defensive pact between your settlement and the Leh'ben Empire. We offer protection with no interest in directly interfering with your world."

His gaze switched from the Elder to the raven haired woman behind him. He could not put his finger on it but there was something in her stance, in the way she held his gaze, that felt out of place. He did not enjoy that feeling. He felt challenge in those eyes, and these mud people would do better to realize their place and whom was the superior here.