Thread: The Confused Questions of the Wanderer

Question The Confused Questions of the Wanderer

I have several questions that my 'walk' through this place has brought:

1. what are the limits of a character's build(IE. Equipment, backstory, weapons, ect.)

2. is there a more formal Character sheet, or is there just the plotter?

3. is there someone from the Game's Jedi Order willing to help me with a few things?

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    Here at The Holonet we have a much bigger focus on telling stories than character management. As far as your character, and his/her possessions go, we generally allow anything that is reasonable for that character, considering their history, to have. Obviously nothing too crazy. No pocket star destroyers or sun crushers. Nothing that horribly and suddenly imbalances the political setting. We don't have a dedicated character sheet. The plotter exists to be a synopsis of the character so that other writers can read it and discover a character they want to write with. However, you can fill out a plotter page however you want. The template is more of a suggestion than a rule.

There are plenty of Jedi writers around. I have a padawan and a Knight myself. Feel free to ask any questions you have, I'm sure someone who can answer them will be along.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I play a Jedi as well. What questions did you have?

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    Also a Jedi, how can I help?

Ok, so here are my further questions summarized:

1. For Jedi Players: Is there any restrictions on anyone that can be a Jedi as long as we stick to the Padawan/Low LEvel Knight thing? Thinking of pulling in a character I've been running off-and-on, and they're not the typical you would consider for a Jedi.

2. Can former Membership in the Rebel Alliance/Whatever it became be a thing?

3. What is the status of Mandalore?

1: We've recently removed restrictions on what level Jedi you can play, so feel free to play whatever you like. Just bear in mind that if you're a Master, and were around prior to the fall of the Republic, you might want to talk to the few Masters and old-timers we've got, to make sure things won't conflict. We have many a-typical Jedi here, so it's pretty open to whatever and however you want to play. This character, Hal, is one of our more a-typical Jedi, I'll freely admit!

2: You could certainly have former membership in the Rebel Alliance, and even current membership in the Alliance of Free Planets, which is what it became in our setting. I have an Alliance X-Wing pilot, for example.

3: I'm not entirely sure on this one, so I'll leave it up to others. I thiiiiink it was under Imperial control, and might still be. Not sure.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Mandalore is independent but was decimated by the Empire. The system is struggling back to its feet.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    1 - As Hal mentioned, we've recently done away with requiring folks to start at the bottom. Since we're a very story-oriented group, we trust each other and always look forward to the stories we all want to tell, as well as be a part of the story-making process together. We all love character interaction and character growth, and would like to see what others have to bring to the table within reason.

2 - As an example, this character is a former Jedi who is now a captain in the Alliance, so cross-pollination is perfectly fine

3 - I'm not super up-to-date on the Mandalore situation, but Ms. De'Ville knows more than I do, so I would send most Mando questions her way.

Ok, so here's a rough idea of the character I'm thinking, can you guys take a look and see if it's Ok?

-Age of around 30 at time of RP.

-Born Mandalorian, and raised there until 17 or so.

-Ran off and joined Rebel Alliance as a Pilot(and maybe also as an Operative, but I don't want to over-reach)

- Maybe have her be a veteran of a few battles under both the RA and maybe the AoFP.

- At some point was discovered to be force sensitive by the Jedi.

-At her start in game, I would like her to be a Low-medium level Knight...

how does this all sound?

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Honestly all of that sounds perfectly fine, and gives you a lot of room to explore the character and really flesh her out