Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

Event Episode IX Spoiler Chat

So, what did everyone think?

Sitting down to it now...

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    It was a lot to take in. I found it satisfactory enough, but for me the film's biggest weakness is a shared weakness with the last season of GoT; Trying to cram too much into too short a time frame. Like other long running film series, this finale should've been split into two movies IMO.

Wow. There's a lot to unpack there. I need to process it s bit, but ultimately, I found it thoroughly enjoyable
    Not perfect, there were a few issues I had, but I found it did a good job of capturing the "spirit" of star wars, and foe me, that outweighs some of the other issues. I'll post more after I had a chance to process it more.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    3 little things I want to nerd out about:

-did you stay for the credits and did you read the list of voices from the Jedi past? One name is a spoiler
    -why did the sith ISD need to have more firepower than the death star in Rogue One that was only using a single reactor core
    -from all the ships Ben could have picked from the inside of the destroyed Death Star why did he have to take the one that doesn't have a hyperdrive

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    -did you stay for the credits and did you read the list of voices from the Jedi past? One name is a spoiler
    I didn't but I looked it up online afterwards, since I wasn't sure if I recognised everyone correctly.

-why did the sith ISD need to have more firepower than the death star in Rogue One that was only using a single reactor core
    This did make me laugh a little, in hindsight. Death Star to Starkiller base to this... what's more powerful than one planet killer? A HUNDRED

It's worth noting that the Sith ISD (Imperial Star Destroyer) seen in "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" was an advanced model known as the Xyston-class Star Destroyer, equipped with a planet-killing cannon known as the "Kyber weapon." This weapon required a vast amount of power to function, which is why the ship had to be so heavily armed. In comparison, the Death Star relied on a single reactor core to power its planet-destroying superlaser, which was also its primary vulnerability.
    It's unclear why Ben Solo (also known as Kylo Ren) chose the TIE whisperer over other ships inside the ruins of the Death Star. One possible explanation could be that the TIE whisperer was the only ship that was still operational or had the necessary components to be repaired quickly. It's also possible that Ben Solo had a personal attachment to that particular ship, which was previously owned by his grandfather, Anakin Skywalker (also known as Darth Vader).