Thread: Come be the scion of a god with me

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

Roleplay Related Come be the scion of a god with me

The ancient powers never fully went away. They wander our roads and cities, mingling with the teeming masses of humanity. You are one of their children, born to the magic of yesterday and the promise of tomorrow. Now begins the war against the Titans, elder beings who rage against the human world and its wayward gods. Commanding the push and pull of Fate, you will ride into battle and work wonders, the better to prove yourself worthy of legends.
    Scion is a role-playing game wherein players take on the roles of mortal descendants of gods tasked with working as the hands of their parents in the mortal world. For those of you who enjoy American Gods, or The Wicked + the Divine, this should be right up your street.

What is a Scion? Basically a human who has been chosen, for some reason, to be the earthly agent of a god, tasked with stopping the Titans from destroying humanity.

Scions are quite simply beings who are half-human and half-god. A god may come before the Scion's mortal parent in any number of ways: as themselves, in the guise of a mortal, by possessing a mortal's body, or as another form. Most Scions are ignorant of their divine heritage, though a few are brought up knowing their origins. Many realize at some point something about them is different, but many are unable to figure out why they don't quite seem to fit into the ordinary world. Regardless of how they are raised, at some point in a Scion's life, their divine parent will grant them a number of gifts, called Birthrights, that allow Scions to tap into their holy potential.
    Which gods are Scions chosen by? Well, gods from basically any pantheon in human history! Including at least one 'fictional' pantheon. According to the game source, the pantheons include:

Major pantheons
    The Aesir - The warlike gods of Scandinavia.
    The Amatsukami - The well-mannered gods of Japan.
    The Atzlánti - The blood-thirsty gods of Central America.
    The Dodekatheon - The noble gods of Greece.
    The Loa - The passionate gods of the Voodun religion.
    The Pesedjet - The orderly gods of Egypt.

Minor pantheons
    The Tuatha de Danann - the artistic, fiercely honorable Irish gods.
    The Celestial Bureaucracy - the highly organized kingdom of gods of China.
    The Devas - the exotic gods of the Hindu religion.
    The Yazata - the powerful ancient gods of Persia.

Historical pantheons
    The Yankee - the fledgling heroic gods of American folklore.
    The Allied - the combined gods of Britain, France, and Russian folklore during World War II.

Fictional pantheons
    The Atlantean - the nearly-extinct, weakened gods of the ancient civilization of Atlantis.
    TL;DR - I'd like to write stories in this setting. Would anyone be interested joining me?

For the record, I've already got a 'Hades' scion I created for an actual game of Scion that never came to fruition, so I'd be keen to write her

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Erin

*holds up hand.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime
    Yusssss.

The Yankee - the fledgling heroic gods of American folklore

can you give me an example here?

Also is this an existing game system or is this something you’ve created?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    For everyones benefit, this is an existing game system, and here is some info on the pantheons: https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Pantheon_(Scion)

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I am interested!

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    Not sure if I'll actually join, but if I do it'll be as a Scion of the Egyptian god Sobek. Very likely will be an everydayman who has no idea about his heritage. Someone will probably have to collect him Avengers style.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    We can arrange an Avengers-style pick up for you

TheHolo.Net Poster Adaira Svachenko's Avatar
    AKA
    Natacha
    Whelp, you enticed me to make a new character.

The whole god scion things is confusing me; but so I am making her into a new WoD character, so I can still blame you even if this gal isn't a Scion.
    Last edited by Adaira Svachenko; Oct 6th, 2019 at 01:51:05 PM.

Scion of the god Baradus, birthright is an Owl familiar (focus of her Animal powers as well)

• Associated Powers: Epic Intelligence, Epic Stamina, Animal (Sea Snake), Earth, Mystery, Psychopomp, Water, Scīre

• Abilities: Academics, Awareness, Control, Investigation, Science, Survival
    • Rivals: Aphrodite, Ares, Horus, Kalfu, Poseidon

According to the sourcebook, this scion of Hades has:

Associated Powers: Epic Charisma, Epic Manipulation, Arete, Darkness, Death, Earth
    Abilities: Academics, Command, Occult, Presence, Stealth, Thrown
    Rivals: Dionysus; Baron Samedi, Frigg, Izanami, Osiris, Quetzalcoátl

Per sourcebook stoof:

Associated Powers: Epic Intelligence, Epic Manipulation, Epic Wits, Chaos, Fire, Jotunblut,
    Magic Abilities: Brawl, Empathy, Larceny, Occult, Politics, Stealth
    Rivals: Heimdall, Odin, Thor; Amaterasu, Baron Samedi, Geb, Hachiman, Hermes, Quetzalcoátl, Shango, Thoth, Zeus

Loki’s Scions are rare. He is seldom out and about on his own, but usually in the company of a minder—usually Thor if not Odin himself. Failing that, another of the Aesir keeps him on a tight leash. The fact that some of Loki’s extant children are clearly on the side of the Titans means that the Aesir themselves sometimes hunt his Scions to extinction, just to avoid the possibility of them fighting against the Gods.

...also lols all them Rivals. Sorry not sorry?