While Vahika had hoped to eventually find someone to speak in other human languages now that she was in Chicago, she hadn't expected this person to be Hawkins. Hell, she hadn't expected any of how things had been going down since she had stepped into that damn auditorium for the meeting.

Sure thing she had heard and read reports about how the Immortal was a handful; but the Fae had been told that about herself often enough. Playing by rules whose use she failed to see and get proper and clever explanations about the reasoning behind them, had always annoyed her. She was willing to change her mind if given valid and sensible reasons to; but when not, she was unlikely to play by the rules, much to the Watchers's ire at times. Yet they couldn't do away with her; and it displeases a few of them, though at least humans eventually died and new generations of Watchers rose.

She couldn't help laughing at the Immortal's continuous remarks about what they could do to that Mia pest. Oh she would for sure entertain herself with such thoughts for the upcoming semester.

"Možno by na jej mozog stačilo celé hľadisko. Určite to stojí za vyskúšanie."

She doubted that even all chairs from the auditorium would suffice to deal with Mia; but she liked the idea of trying.

Hawkins's reaction was to be expected after Vahika had blurted out what she was supposed to keep secret, per Watchers' protocol. Her eyes glanced at the clock too, and she followed the Immortal without hesitation or argument. What they would say was better kept private.

She navigated the crowd they were going against with ease, and was glad that Hawkins had a good knowledge of the campus already, as she was still learning it. Time was of the essence at the moment.

She didn't hesitate when the brunette asked her. She let her finish, then spoke up.

"Maria is safe and in D.C. She's at the East Coast HQ. They refused to reassign her to you. Many didn't want me either; but Maria handpicked me and I have enough seniority for them to shut up."

She paused unsure of exactly how to formulate the next bit.

"Maria and I have worked together for decades."

She had already let enough cats out of the bag, so she could as well be honest with Hawkins.

"They can't live without us but there's been growing distrust for our kind."

She pursed her lips, a fire in her eyes. She wouldn't speak the words in a public setting, for she was still protective of her fellow Fae.

Instead she pulled her sleeve up, showing a naked wrist where a tattoo should have been. She released the glamour for a moment for Hawkins to see it, then it vanished from the naked eye again. The air was crinkling with whispers of inhuman power. Whatever Hawkins would make of it, she would know for sure that her new Watcher, or her old one for that matter, was no human.