Thread: Pilot Simulator and You - [Navy/Alliance]

Open Pilot Simulator and You - [Navy/Alliance]

I am looking to do a classic style of thread with a great chance for some character bonding after the main event.

As many of you will know, pilots from the Alliance are called to test their skills in simulation pods. The simulation pod has appeared in several expanded universe books and has become a classic part of the pilot culture and related novels/games. For this thread, I would be looking to place no more than four writers in a simulated battle against both NPC opponents and perhaps even each other. The goal would be to explore some great pilot combat, without breaking the stale-mate that exists between the galaxies two main factions.

Naula is presently serving aboard a capital ship in a command capacity, but there are many reasons she might be keeping her hand in as pilot. She may have been invited to over-see the exercise. Or maybe she just doesn't want to lose old skills.

Why is your character there? Perhaps this is a great chance to launch that Alliance Navy character you have always wanted. Or maybe they are a special guest, brought along from whatever role they presently hold elsewhere in order to test their metal, or oversee the exercise. This thread is open to anyone who can reasonably justify their involvement.

I'm away this weekend, but would be looking to kick start this once I am back on Monday.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Zwane Nkosi's Avatar
    AKA
    Geoffrey
    I'm sure we could rustle up a few Titan Squadron pilots to fill in the ranks of your simulation if you want them. Zane here is definitely game for such an event.

Joey would be keen to show his stuff, and try and prove himself, as he's still the rookie fighter pilot of Titan Squadron. I would say that the Senator for Nehantish would have tried to push him in order to promote the face of Nehantites within the Alliance, but due to a major factor, Nehantish isn't going to promote Joey at all.

That said, he'd fight hard to be there to represent himself in spite of that, sort of rub it in their faces.

How exciting! Not sure I know much about Titan Squadron. What do they fly and what make's them special? Might be usable as part of the test.

While I have other plans in the near future for Mags, I'd be happy to have her involved in this. She's also a Titan Squadron pilot.

Titan Squadron runs a mixed composition. Most of the squadron is X-wings, but they're also supported by Y-wings and K-wings as well.

Sorry for the slight delay in getting this started. Thread is now up and you are all welcome to join.

https://www.theholo.net/forum/showth...24#post1070124