Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Simple Twist of Fate

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Wandering across the galaxy had been Sinead's lot for many years but it didn't mean she couldn't be decisive when it mattered. This moment was one of them, a life-changing choice that would take her down a road she had never thought would be hers to claim.

Become a Sith's apprentice had never been in the cards for her; but it felt right in the most bizarre, quasi mystical way, which was ironic for she had mostly branded such things as superstitions. Yet she had learned over the years that her mother's people were often more placated by fears and traditions, instead of using them to break through chains that kept them subservient to old ways that had little reason to be anymore.

She had mostly believed the Force to be the stuff of unique individuals who were greater heroes and legendary characters than people like her. And yet there was no denying that this power had bound her to the Sith upon her arrival on Vjun, physically altering her perceptions and seeing her crash land her beloved ship, the only thing she had thought could be her home in over a decade.

The brunette's reluctance to have her around despite her uncanny persistence to keep her alive, had made Sinead all the more willing to confront her unexpected desire to learn from her. She was still a loudmouth brat who liked living by her own rules; but at the same time she was loyal when she chose to and dedicated when it mattered. The lack of puppet strings game from the Sith, which Sinead believed was genuine, meant a lot to her.

When she felt the Sith place the amulet around her neck, she felt as if time and space had come to a still point. It was the eye of the storm ready to unleash, and she felt shivers at the thought.

Yet it was nothing compared to what happened the moment the brunette activated the amulets.

For a brief moment, she felt everything.

It was stolen instants but feeling the other woman's physical and mental sensations was mesmerizing. It was too much and too brief for Sinead to assess much; but what she retained from it was the confirmation that the Sith wasn't playing games with her.

This alone was enough to cement her respect and loyalty to her chosen master for the times to come.

When the Sith reached out to her and tilted her chin up, she looked at her, meeting her eyes again. Maybe she should have been terrified to do that; but weirdly enough, and due to the bond that had attached them to each other, it had never scared her to look into the brunette's fierce gaze.

"Alright, Dalethria," she replied with a faint smile, although her expression remained serious.

She would have addressed her with any title demanded; but she did like that the Sith, Dalethria, hadn't asked her to. It didn't diminish any respect she had for her, nor the deep recognition that the Sith could still pulverize her if she ever chose to do as such.

"I guess I'll be wandering around Vjun then."

Sinead retained little when their minds were joined, mostly fleeting impressions and feelings. What flashes of memories past had occurred were far too fast for her mind to comprehend, but Dalethria had to concede that as her apprentice gained control, Sinead may be able to recall what she had seen here today. There would be questions and she may be ready to answer them with time. Her past was wrought with disappointments, failures and poor choices regardless of the power at her command.

She hoped that the girl would be none of those and it was her responsibility as Sinead's master to make sure that never came to pass. What mattered was that Sinead remained pleased with what she held onto and stared back with fierce loyalty and determination. Dalethria's own cold gaze cracked ever so subtly where the hard edges around her eyes smoothed.

Her heart quickened at the sound of her name not spoken with disdain or fear. It was a curious response that she would have to become accustomed to.

"Yes you will, Little Vele."

Sinead was not truly a little wanderer anymore now that the girl had pledged herself as Dalethria's apprentice, so the moniker no longer worked in her eyes. The new pet name just rolled off her tongue with ease.

"I'll still retrieve the supplies you need to repair your ship but for now ..."

Slowly she pulled her fingers back, thumb brushing against her chin so brief that it was barely there.

"... this is your home."
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Sep 9th, 2019 at 05:43:43 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    While her disoriented mind had attempted to grasp, to no avail, at all figments from Dalethria's past in the short moment their minds were joined, Sinead had pushed them aside, finding inspiration into the knowledge that the Sith had no desire to manipulate her. Having been little of a dreamer in her life meant that she was pragmatic and good at focusing on what was directly at hand.

The blonde saw a most subtle change in how the brunette looked at her. It was brief and almost insignificant but she was too good at observing to believe it was purely her imagination.

She canted her head to the side upon the new nickname. She was curious about it.

"What does Vele mean?"

It was a word she had never heard; and she wondered whether it was some sort of Sith dialect, or a regional thing on Vjun.

"Thank you. If I can help, I'll do it."

She winced as she recalled how her last trip to the imperial outpost had gone.

"I'm not talking about being bait, I promise."

It felt weird when Dalethria removed her fingers from her chin. Somehow Sinead knew she shouldn't feel such a stark difference, but she did.

"I can still bunk on my ship, so I'm nearby, but I don't invade your privacy too much."

There was no ulterior motive in the offer. She just knew that she was still a big change in the brunette's life, for this whole thing was crazy for both of them.

Sinead came at her with the obvious question and proof of her worth. Her respect. Dalethria focused on the question instead of the loss of contact, the pads of her fingertips still tingling with memory. To assuage the loss, she touched the amulet around her neck which tethered them together. It was to touch her without the physical act.

"It means soul."

Little Soul.

Their spirits were entwined until the connection was forcibly severed or by death. Dalethria wouldn't be the cause of the former as it fell under duplicity. Death was something she was fighting to overcome with the holocron she found. With Sinead's aptitude in draining life, it's possible they could deny death together.

The offering of help was not unexpected but Dalethria couldn't help a brow raising with argument, words unnecessary to drive home the point that it was unwise for Sinead to accompany her. The joke did not move the Sith to smile or provide a witty quip back.

"I will not use you as bait. Ever."

She meant it as she had been bait numerous times by both her masters by agreed upon plans or insidious ones that were to make her strong or kill her. In one instance, it was to kill her outright. It angered her now remembering what Palpatine did, but Sinead's compassion tempered its intensity.

"And Little Vele ... this is your home now."

She extended her arms outwards, eyes glancing around the room.

"You may stay here."

Lowering her arms, hands found each other to rest against her torso. Her head slightly canted to the side when she regarded her apprentice.

"Or the ship."

Dalethria longed for Sinead to stay here with her.

"But regardless ... I will teach you the caverns. So you can find your way back here. To be safe."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Sinead had often spoken freely, even when it had eventually meant being cast out by her mother's people when she was barely into her adolescent years. That was why she feared not asking Dalethria questions, and hadn't even from the moment they had first met, when for all she knew the Sith could have just ended her life, let her future crumple into acidic rain, washed away into senseless void.

She smiled at the explanation offered about what Vele meant.

"I like it,"
    she replied without thinking twice.

Even though life had tried to beat her down, there was still a visceral joy about Sinead who loved to appreciate the small and unexpected.

Her expression sobered up at the Sith's reaction to her quip. And she couldn't help bowing her head to her new master's words that she would never use her as bait. In a way it was a solemn a vow as the bestowing of the amulet that finalized her new life as the brunette's apprentice.

At the mention that this was her home now, where Dalethria lived, she felt pulled into different directions. There was a yearning to share space with the Sith that had to do with their bond, and its ramifications. Yet she had been used to being on her own for so long, it was a delicate adjustment.

She pondered on it for a moment, but took a few steps around the room. She had been standing still for a while now and needed to stretch her legs. Her eyes often reverted back to Dalethria.

"I'd like to stay here."

It was bold even for her. She would repair her ship and ensure that her old home was still ready for whatever would happen.

"I'll make sure the Feuille d'Automne is good to fly again; but I choose here as my new home."

Sinead was not expecting her new master being so vehemently opposed to the bait quip and bowed her head with gratitude. Of course, the girl was unused to being taken seriously; always threatened and belittled by superstitious nonsense that labeled her a curse when Sinead held considerable untapped power. Despite it all, she had grown into an inquisitive, resourceful and reckless young woman.

The later needed tempering but that would come with training.

She remained quiet as Sinead thought over her offer. What Dalethria proposed was a significant change from the wanderer that flew from system to system with no real destination or goal in mind. Her offer was tempting to the girl and Dalethria felt the same yearning towards Sinead, wanting her near. If she stayed on the ship, Dalethria would have the comfort of sensing her presence but it would not sate the longing of wanting her physically near. Eyes followed every step Sinead took, locking gazes when her apprentice needed reassurance with her thoughts. So it was with great relief that Sinead agreed to stay.

Dalethria righted her head and nodded, keeping her elation hidden. Instead she closed her eyes, toes curling against the cold stone to take a moment and collect her thoughts.

"A storm approaches."

She slowly opened her eyes, seeking Sinead's. "Tomorrow we will retrieve your things and bring them here."

Now she was the one to turn around and study the room. Sinead required space which there was none. Dalethria's sanctuary had only the long room they currently stood in that was adjacent to the storage alcove and her bedroom, where the furthest wall hid fresh water pools. In fact, there was no discernible means to even enter this area as far as Sinead could see.

"I suppose I need to create a room for your needs, Little Vele. Probably take a day ... maybe two. Depends on when I begin your training ..."

She would have to meditate on the how and allow enough time to focus her energies on the holocron. Sinead would need to provide a list of supplies she was looking for at the Imperial base for the future too. An attempt at infiltrating so soon was inadvisable. They would be on alert, which meant more guards and security measures. In a few weeks, things should settle down and Dalethria can enter without causing another scene.

"You may have my room until then."

Dalethria had gone days without sleep, focused on meditations or equally consumed with thoughts that would not allow her mind rest. Yet part of her just wanted Sinead to stay comfortable in her room, which she had been during her recovery. It was stupid longing that the Force nudged at, digging into feelings buried centuries ago.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Sinead was immensely curious as to what her training would entail, what her days on Vjun would, how her interaction with Dalethria would evolve. It was a funny feeling, quite foreign really, for a girl who had been used to just take days as they came, without ever really dreaming of big things.

As intrigued and excited as she could get about learning new things, whether better techniques to be a more efficient and sneakier thief, or just expand her culture, it wasn't the same as what was blooming in her soul now.

Unaware of the Sith's joy at her decision to stay, Sinead watched the brunette close her eyes, fascinated and still drawn to her in a way the Force hadn't been subtle about, even when both of them had attempted to resist.

She frowned at the mention of the storm, still grateful she had been able to hide her ship away from the savage weather of Vjun. She nodded to the Sith's words.

"There's not much, really."

She then remained silent as she watched Dalethria pace around the room. She could have used the opportunity to get a better look at the rest of it; but really she was focused on the Sith, with a few scant glances at the holocron. A couple of times, she felt its weird presence, and it always made her skin crawl. She didn't put any more distance between the device and herself though.

She opened her mouth in brief shock, before closing it again, at the mention of Dalethria creating a room for her. Of course, it made sense, especially given how powerful the Sith was; but it still baffled the thief.

"Thank you," she replied with a smile.

She was tempted to just say she could take a corner somewhere or whatever; but at the same time, she still had enough self-esteem to wholeheartedly accept the offer, including the following one about having the brunette's room.

"Thank you. That's a most comfortable bed you have."

And one she wouldn't mind sharing with the Sith, she silently mused to herself.

"What few items you have are significant to you. So they should be where you are staying."

The girl had everything taking away from her so there was no need to strip her further. Sinead had left her homeworld with nothing and survived, traveling sparingly. She even pushed through her insecurities and agreed to stay here with Dalethria, denying the comforts and familiarity of the ship. Slowly the chains of Sinead's old life were breaking.

She acknowledged gratitude with a nod but quickly raised a brow at the comment.

"You slept for almost a day on it. So ... yes. I would presume you found my bed comfortable."

The mattress was the best that Imperial credits could buy, or so she overheard when she stole it, a fact she was about to share when a whisper of longing came through their bond.

Her chest felt like it would cave in again from the sudden pressure magnified by the pull from her apprentice. It was strange to have another life force linked to her own after so many years. Yes the Force urged them together, but both her and Sinead accepted the call which was amplified by the amulets. The power coursing between them beautiful and intoxicating ... the likes she never had with her own master.

Nostrils flared with fleeting control, wishing some distance from the girl but wanting to close it just the same.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Sinead gave a surprised look at Dalethria, and how she validated what was hers. It was a different tune from what the blonde was used to. She knew how to stand on her own two feet; but this was different. She canted her head to the side, and when she spoke, there was no hint of humor in her voice.

"I believe you will keep surprising me."

It wasn't a question; but a statement she held very true, even in such a short amount of time that had passed between their first encounter. It wasn't a bad thing; but still another significant change in her life.

She relaxed and even chuckled softly at the Sith's remark about how long she had slept.

"I don't know whether plants nap as much as felines; but I definitely like a good bed."

Then, it dawned on her that she would be invading the Sith's sanctum, and might get in the way of her own rest.

"But what about you? I appreciate having your room, but don't want to prevent you from using it should you need sleep."

She bit her tongue and shrugged slightly.

"I tend to steal covers, just so you know."

After all, it was still Dalethria's bed, and as much as she didn't mind the idea of sharing it, it seemed polite to inform her of that fact.

Dalethria silently agreed that the future held many surprises for the two of them. Their fates were connected the moment Sinead had entered the system no matter how much they wanted to deny the connection created in that instant which only strengthened the longer they were on the same planet.

She watched, as much as felt, Sinead unwind after her declaration, which prompted a thoughtful expression from Dalethria. She knew of Sinead's race but would have to learn more to better train the girl. Learning from the source would be beneficial and if needed, her archives had information too. It wouldn't surprise Dalethria if Sinead's own people had omitted some things about her race and if so, would supplement that information.

Sinead's concerns of her rest held a simple answer. Through meditation and sheer will, Dalethria would require no sleep. Though expending energy in shifting stones would probably require some rest. The living area in which they stood would suffice to sleep in if needed, with cushions and furs on the furniture to provide basic comfort. There were no concerns with her apprentice taking over her room for the interim.

She was about to explain this to Sinead when the girl surprised her, already ringing the thought of future surprises true within moments!

"Are you ..." She stopped there, bringing a hand up for emphasis at her bewilderment. "Are you suggesting that we sleep together?"

Of course she knew the answer but this utterly baffled the master that the girl was so bold.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Dalethria's curious reaction at her words regarding her tendency to steal covers surprised Sinead. After all, it only seemed courteous to let her know as such, should they share a bed.

"Well, if you need sleep, it's still your bed." she replied deadpan.

Even though she knew the Sith Master wouldn't manipulated her, she wasn't a total idiot and was aware that her thoughts and emotions were likely a damn beacon to the brunette, all the more in close proximity.

"As for whether I find you attractive, you know the answer is yes," she added quite freely.

"But it wasn't how I intended my comment about the covers."

She sank her hands into her pants pockets and looked at the Sith again.

"Even though you're the most fascinating woman I've met, I am not in it just to have sex with you. Hell, I don't think you would have taken me as your apprentice if it were the case."

The only being that she had ever shared a bed in recent times was with her cousin k'Vik. They were mentally drained from toying with the Tagge woman, filling the woman's mind with fantasies and torments. After the encounter, they crashed together with sleep overtaking their bodies swiftly. Family was coveted by the Sith and having her cousin comfortable and safe were a priority as there were none left of her line that she was aware of.

This girl was not family. She was her apprentice and felt equal need to keep her comfortable and safe. Dalethria's immediate response to save Sinead cemented those feelings before they were accepted.

Coveted was too strong a word for now because Sinead rambled. A lot. Maybe it would be an endearing trait later.

There were answers to unspoken questions offered that Dalethria was well aware of their truths. Sinead's emotions rolled off and were easy to decipher even before the bond solidified then amplified by the amulets. It was not so easily reciprocated at this point but as her power grew, Sinead would be able to sense her master's feelings with far more ease ...

The thought was exhilarating and troublesome.

" ... Ah."

She was not an avid speaker but that the girl was able to confound her thoughts with the provided explanation kept confirming the Force at work here. No one had created bewilderment inside her of this magnitude since her own master. She adored him and thought him omnipotent. She had even loved him, or the affection that she had for him was believed to be. Back then the bond forged by the amulets were not as free flowing as they were now. Dalethria controlled hers but she did not block the amulets power like Mhian.

"... no. I wouldn't."

The few words shared were difficult to express, but Dalethria was still honest.

"Because you are one of the most interesting beings I've met in a very long time too, Little Vele."

Though the way Sinead worded her last response was curious. She wanted to learn, that was a focal point of her thoughts, but she was equally determined for intimacy.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Even before the amulets, Sinead had become aware that Dalethria's massive power could tear through her psyche, even though the Sith had never done such a thing. She had always been a loud mouth and free speaker, so it was difficult to know how easily the brunette picked on her wants and inner thoughts. She basically behaved as if she was a completely open book to her new acquaintance.

Maybe she should feel uncomfortable about it; but she didn't feel as such. Sure, she did like her privacy, and having her new Master know that yes she found her attractive and liked the idea of being sexually intimate with her was a weird situation. Yet Dalethria had validated who she was beyond most of her previous experiences, and she had no desire to try to trick the Sith, and not simply because it would be a foolish task at this point of her raw and volatile potential.

The blonde suddenly felt the most subtle tremor on her chest, where the amulet was nestled. It didn't give her any further indication on the brunette's state of mind, but she was nevertheless caught by surprise.

When Dalehria called her one of the most interesting beings she had met in a very long time, she felt color rise to her cheeks, thanks to her human genes. Even though she didn't have human blood, it seemed that for some mysterious reasons her skin could still color up at times. At least she didn't end with green cheeks so it could be worse.

She clicked her tongue.

"I like Little Vele better than the previous one," she admitted without thinking twice.

She then felt that damn holocron tug at her senses and looked at it.

"Anyway, I guess I should just leave you to your studies for now? I think it doesn't like me being around that much."

Sinead was unused to praise because of her upbringing. There would be more if she performed well in harnessing the potential inside her, but Dalethria would not be lenient on the girl. Her burgeoning affections towards Sinead would not diminish the importance of the lessons that had to be imparted and would reprimand if required with the established boundaries if necessary. She did not agree with all of her master's means in teaching her, but there were valuable lessons that she could pass on to her apprentice.

"That nickname no longer applies," she stated plainly.

Personally, she liked the new name too. Sinead had agreed to symbolically ground herself in order to learn and see where this path took her instead of doing what was easy and came natural to her, which was to run.

She followed Sinead's line of sight, well aware of what caught her attention because she felt the pull too. The power inside it called to Dalethria but to the untrained mind, it was overwhelming and potent and Sinead wouldn't appreciate the raw energy trying to penetrate her mind to lure her.

"The holocron neither desires your presence or wishes it away. I believe you're extremely sensitive to it as you're untrained and the activation of it is what caused your capture because you couldn't process its power as it was unleashed."
    She motioned Sinead closer. "After introductions, your agitation towards it may diminish. Come and sit."

She focused on the holocron and called it towards her. The pyramid floated gracefully across the room and into Dalethria's hand before she sat down crosslegged atop the plush furs. When Sinead had settled, she activated the device and the wave of dark energy that assaulted the girl before was there but it was not debilitating as this was not the first time Dalethria accessed it.

The holographic image of a Bith adored in black armor appeared before them. Darth Tareis looked to Dalethria and then to Sinead, his black orbs penetrating the young one's image before speaking.

"You said the girl wasn't important." His voice was arrogant and curious.

Dalethria felt no embarrassment of the previous statement. She meant her words despite being in denial of Sinead's significance, confident that her apprentice wouldn't hold a grudge.

"Things changed. She's my apprentice now,"
    she explained.

His interest never shied away from Sinead. "Yes. I noticed the amulets. Interesting... they're quite rare."

He nodded to Sinead. "But this is good. Accepting your fates. Your master's been trying to activate my holocron for quite some time without success."

His eyes narrowed and wrinkling pale skin that accentuated the veins lining his bulbous forehead. "Until you arrived."

Dalethria frowned, her voice holding little patience. "What exactly are you suggesting Tareis?" She wanted confirmation of her earlier assumption.

Tareis brought hands behind his back and slowly looked to Dalethria. "Your fates are connected. That's why my holocron activated when the girl was in danger and not when I was given to you by the previous owner. You and this ... Baska, were not meant to unlock it."

She couldn't hide the confusion in her voice. "Then I needed to accept an apprentice to gain access?"

"No, not necessarily. Just two who are strongly linked through Force and can access its power. And this goes beyond a Force Bond. There has to be a deep emotional connection that couples it."

"Why?" she asked quietly.

"Because the power that is contained within here is not to be trifled with. There needs equilibrium and that can only occur with two Sith that are equally contrasting as they are complimenting."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Sinead didn't expect her training and new unexpected life to be easy. While she wasn't used to praise, she had never wanted to earn anything out of pity, so she was willing to be reprimanded and learn the hard way when need be. She might be a hot head that got herself in trouble, and she bet it would happen again because old habits died hard; but she was going to give her very best to this whole Sith thing. She wouldn't consider doing anything less.

Part of her was still astonished she had decided to follow such a bizarre path compared to her previous wandering, but she would have been a fool to run away from such an opportunity, to run away from Dalethria.

She quirked a brow at the Sith's words about the holocron feeling neutral about her presence. It genuinely surprised her.

The blonde had no real want to get cozy with the damn thing, but she moved closer when beckoned to do as such. It wasn't because she still didn't trust the device that she was going to play the terrified card. She sat on the floor across her new mentor. For a brief moment, she realized that as much as she had learned things here and there, the Sith was likely the first actual mentor she had had in her scattered and adventurous life.

She was unfazed by the display of power of the Sith summoning the holocron to her. She wasn't jaded at all, but she was comfortable enough around Dalethria and the dark energies she could harness.

Her bright eyes focused on the device and she frowned as the thing came to life anew. She recognized the headache and wave of nausea that plagued her senses. She pushed through it though, willing her body to soldier through it as she forced her attention upon the Bith.

She hadn't expected anything in particular but a Bith Sith? Now that hadn't crossed her mind, though she had been the first to admit to Dalethria that her knowledge of Sith and the dark side mostly consisted in tales and rumors.

She found herself curious at the opening exchange between the Bith and Dalethria regarding her presence and place in the brunette's life. The blonde's attention alternated between the two other Sith even though the Bith's black orbs remained upon her for longer than she wanted.

She canted her head to the side at what the Bith directly told her about Dalethria's previous work on unlocking the holocron. It very much surprised her that her presence and their bond had been needed for the device to actually open up and reveal its guardian. At least, Sinead guessed that guardian was an applicable description. It wasn't as if this kind of devices had ever been on her radar before. Force artifacts and antiquities generally speaking had never been what she stole.

She made a mental note that Darth what's his face was actually named Tareis.

His interaction with Dalethria gave her some insight. She was briefly amused that the brunette might be collecting blondes, but she didn't say the quip out loud, more surprised that Tareis was going on and on about how their fates were connected. Sure they had got the gist of it with how they had collided into each other to the point they had become master and apprentice, but he seemed to take that to a whole other level.

She eventually opened her mouth about the whole connection and power at hand.

"Well, I'm not powerful as she is; but you still revealed yourself to her. Sure, we do have a connection, but it's just beginning."

Sinead speaking up was a good sign, as was her attentiveness. The girl had to work through the effects with the activation of the holocron, but it was not debilitating as the first time. She was able to control her reactions which managed her symptoms. With time, that control would only strengthen so being able to do so even now was a good sign of her potential. It also helped that Sinead was willing to confront her uneasiness towards the device. There were layers of fears to peel away with Sinead, but she could overcome them if she trusted herself.

Staying here with Dalethria was only the beginning in accepting a new life.

"Of course you're not as powerful as Dalethria. But you have the same potential as her. It's that potential between the both of you that activated the holocron when your master unconsciously felt the bond between you," he explained. "And connections through the Force are constant. Past, present, future ... beginning, middle, end. All of it's in a state of flux. Always changing. Showing possibilities ... with one constant."

He held his hands out towards master and apprentice.

"You."

Dalethria pursed her lips and wanted to lash out at the Sith withholding this information. It was so typical leaving out vital information. Tareis had explained the legacy of his master and his master before him, barely touching on the quests for longevity when she felt Sinead in danger. She was suspicious that he was give her endless rhetoric or theories until Sinead was produced.

Tareis regarded Dalethria as he lowered his arms. "You have much to learn about one another, much to teach her before you can understand what is needed to obtain your goals, Master Sith."

She wasn't surprised by this. Disappointed, yes, but at least she was closer to her objective.

He bowed his head, knowing that Dalethria was deactivating the holocron and his image faded from view. She gently rubbed her chin thoughtfully as her gaze tore away from the space Tareis once was to Sinead.

"There's much we need to do."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Sinead was struggling with how the holocron's power was depleting her energy with painful intensity. She was able to push through better than the wreckage the previous time had been, which all things considered wasn't difficult. Still, the blonde was set on pushing through. It wasn't just bravado to impress Dalethria; but her natural reaction of sheer stubborness. Also, she wanted to understand at least some of what was going on, especially as the Bith was willing to actually talk about the situation and the unexpected bond that had forged between the brunette and her.

Her fingers clawed into her knees as the black orbs stayed on her, as if piercing even deeper into her soul. At least the big rest she had got before reuniting with Dalethria in her lair meant she had more energy than during her time at the imperial outpost. And she knew what she was going to deal with to a degree, and she was in a safer place too.

She didn't really know what to do of what the holocron's guardian was explaining. She was taking it all in; mostly so she might be able to write about it so she could put things into perspective and address them. She hadn't always journaled in her life, but it had tended to help her over the years, especially when trying to expand her horizons and learn more.

She was more curious than she had expected about Dalethria's goals; in her natural curious attitude, and that she was interested in learning more about the woman she had accepted to be apprenticed to.

When the Sith deactivated the holocron, she kept her tired eyes upon the device. She took a few deep breathes and stretched her shoulders and neck.

Dalethria's voice had her look at her, meeting her gaze.

"How... How do you want to proceed?"

"Your immediate needs are rest." She could feel Sinead's exhaustion which only worsened under the power of the holocron, but it was plain in how she moved that her muscles were sore and tired. "After we retrieve your belongings, we'll begin your training. I can't keep opening the holocron if it saps your strength. But it's a good sign you remained conscious this time."

The holocron levitated back to its place on the table as Dalethria rose to her feet.

"Once you can withstand being in its presence by maintaining control of your abilities, then I'll consider obtaining the parts to your ship."

Her lips held the briefest of smirks. "Consider it incentive. You won't go far without control. A skill sorely lacking because it was needed for you to survive. Instincts will only get you so far, Little Vele."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Sinead wanted to argue. It was her immediate reaction but her exhaustion was real enough that she paused instead of foolishly disagreeing with Dalethria. It was true that the bloody holocron was messing with her energy and focus. She hated that; and she already wanted to learn how to do better than that. She hated being useless and weak. Hell, that was why she loved learning that much, and why she liked the idea of being a spitfire with greater control over her unexpected and still horribly raw gifts.

"Stubbornness can pay off," she nevertheless replied with a slight grin, though the expression in her eyes remained tired.

The trade off of her withstanding being in the presence of the holocron so she would acquire the parts to fix her ship, sounded like a fair one. Sinead nodded in agreement.

She shrugged but held the brunette's gaze. "Well, I do like to learn, and I've already signed up, so that sounds good to me."

She gestured towards the hallway behind her.

"For now I shall borrow your bed again."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123