Thread: Alliance Navy and Matters

Rebel - Fleet Alliance Navy and Matters

Hello team,

I am inquiring as to the status of the Alliance Navy, both in terms of who writes/heads it and also in it's status within the present conflict. Simply put, I am hoping to reignite my writing passions with a fresh character and fancy something different to the old Dark Jedi here. I am not entirely set on what role I play, but would like to ensure I am at least not the only person performing this role (and if I am how that might be included in current events). I can't help but notice the Galaxy is at relative peace. What sort of role might pilots or Naval vessels perform?

I can see several threads pertaining to Navy or diplomatic matters but they all seem several years old. I am assuming that both writer and galactic history have moved on since then. Anyone able to fill me in?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    This is a really good question and I shall point Charley at this thread as he probably is the only one who knows right now.

oh what a tangled web I weave

Hmm, where to begin?

As you probably know, the Alliance has been stuck in a cold war with the Empire for the past two (I think two) IC years. The Alliance Navy now primarily mans the ramparts along the long border with the Empire. However, there are potential threats within and beyond as well, from criminal activity in and around Hutt Space to possible former-imperial warlords trying to establish fiefs on isolated worlds and maybe Wild Space.

I believe Reshmar is currently the supreme commander of the Alliance Navy, but that may have changed. What I can confirm is that the Alliance has been working on a program of force integration for a while now, bringing in the relatively-large naval forces of the Hapan and Cizeri fleets into their numbers. That effort has been limited so far, and those fleets still operate largely under their own semi-autonomous commands, though that probably will change at some point.

Jovan Station is a former Imperial space station that has been repositioned along the Hydian Way at the border. It's a joint-operated installation between the Alliance Navy and the Cizeri Trade Navy. That is commanded by Commander Kes Akiena.

The present cold-war did strike me as rather interesting. It feels like both a chance for naval writers to stagnate in terms of action, but also a great opportunity as far as character-writing and development goes. What sort of potential exists for naval characters to simply jump in and play there? And what limitations would there be in terms of station and rank?

I am quite happy to make a character and provide a reason for them to be on Jovan Station, or be patrolling the boarder-regions. These are all easy enough to include. But I also want to make sure I don't step on anyone's toes by creating a new fighter wing for them to be part of, or accidentally taking command of a ship that's considered not appropriate for a starting level character. Care to give me some guide-lines there?

Also, in related news where does Chandrila stand in the present setting?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Chandrila is still a Core world in the Empire. Nothing of note has happened to it other than being the birthplace of several characters, as far as I know.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"It's just the Rebels, sir... they're here."
    "My God, man! Do they want tea?"
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I certainly hope there is room for action. I might suggest that resurgeance of proxy and shadow war...where alliance and imperial officers, with or without authorization, use smaller governments as pawns to slake their lust for battle. Such as afghanistan, vietnam, etc.

'lil bump here for my previous questions:

Are there any organisational limitations for new Naval characters? For example, I presumably cannot simply stick my toon at the helm of a re-purposed Dreadnought. Just looking for a new do's and don't and happy to follow any rules or suggestions provided. What ranks are ok, what postings are ok. What ships might I fly?

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    I can't think of anyone else currently doing anything with the Alliance navy beyond Reshmar, myself, and s'Ilancy. That being said, I think its entirely reasonable you'd have no problem being an admiral if that's what you were angling for. While the Alliance doesn't exactly have many dreadnoughts (I know the Pride has *one*, but its modest as far as dreadnoughts go), I wouldn't doubt that the Mon Calamari shipyards have developed at least a couple of ships to fit that billing if needed. Typically, the engagements here tend towards the small side of things so usually an ISD or an MC-80 would be the biggest thing on the board, as it were.

Right now I know that there are fleet concentrations at Jovan / the Carshoulis Cluster, at the Hapan Cluster, at Moonus Mandel / Bothawui, and probably at Dac. There hasn't been a lot in terms of codifying this so you should be okay in hashing out what you'd like to do.

That's great information, thank you. I wasn't contemplating anything quite so grandiose, I simply didn't wish to cross any lines that wouldn't be considered appropriate for a new character. I'm still toying with the idea of mid-level ship command, or simply jumping in the old fighter. Perhaps a few grounding threads and we'll see. I'll take this as the green-light to start the character off however and just go with the flow. Ta!

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Even a captain running a ship could be part of a task force stationed wherever you like..? Whatever sector Jovan Station is in is a likely spot for action, too.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

AKA
    Natacha
    Alright, now go make this new character, Sanfis, so we can write together again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Even a captain running a ship could be part of a task force stationed wherever you like..? Whatever sector Jovan Station is in is a likely spot for action, too.
    Jovan Station / the Carshoulis Cluster occupy the same sector. Jovan is just beyond the cluster itself, almost directly on the frontier at the hydian

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Frontier station, I'm sure there is an Alliance task force nearby, wouldn't you thing so?

It was just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Satkia Beltrak View Post
    Alright, now go make this new character, Sanfis, so we can write together again!!
    You already know who I'm bringing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Frontier station, I'm sure there is an Alliance task force nearby, wouldn't you thing so?

It was just a thought.
    The Pride is a part of the Alliance so yes lol.

Jovan also usually has other fleet elements passing through, so it’s not just them either.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

AKA
    Natacha
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfis Feldor View Post
    You already know who I'm bringing back.
    Would the character's initials be N.K.?