Thread: Battle on Hypori Idea

Kal Doran

Battle on Hypori Idea

The premise is pretty simple. A Death Watch commando lost his entire platoon during the Clone Wars due to the machinations of both the Jedi and Sith. After several years of planning, he has finally found the means to enact his revenge. An old droid factory on Hypori was left untouched by governmental entities and scavengers alike. This particular droid factory was developing a new series of super battle droids to be more effective against Jedi targets. The commando now steals beskar shipments to create new droid bodies resistant to lightsabers, as well as upgrading weapon systems and improving their programming to make them more independent and adaptable, making them perfect assassins against Force users. Kal and other Mandalorians could be investigating the missing beskar shipments, whereas other Force users might be tracking down where the assassins are being sent from. Other story hooks could exist for other characters, but I just went with the easiest ones I could think of. Anyone interested/have any suggestions?

Technically, that droid factory on Hypori is owned/controlled by Ambassador Wrath at the moment. He's got a bit of a criminal/business empire, and that was one of the pieces he managed to gobble up when the Zann Consortium collapsed.

That said, I would be more than happy to play antagonist for something like this. I had a bit of an advanced battle droid idea in the back of my head anyway, and it definitely makes sense for Wrath to invest in a droid that can fight Force users - he likes playing all sides, so having a product that he can sell to the Imperial Knights, to people scared about being hunted by the Imperial Knights, and for his own protection... it makes a whole lot of sense. Having / manipulating a former Death Watch commando to help him create those droids and steal the beskar to make them is also exactly the sort of thing that Wrath would do (he collects "useful" people), so that slots together nicely. I've got some characters and minions that I can throw up against you as well, so you'll have people to bounce off.

I'd even be okay with the factory being destroyed, if that's the endgame that makes most sense to the story.

Kal Doran
    I wouldn't have presumed if I knew, but I am glad you are onboard. I'm also going to write up a droid character as one of the "failed" prototypes that might get involved. And honestly, Kal wouldn't give a damn about the factory itself, rather the beskar theft stopped and that the commando was brought to justice. Of course, anyone else involved might have other thoughts...