Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wherever the hyper lanes take me... (Nikole)

And, here she is, Auri thought.

Very matter-of-factly, looking the blonde straight in the eye, the Corellian said, "We shook hands. That was all."

Why they'd experience such vertigo over something so simple was baffling. Why Katja seemed to think they'd been fighting, much less why Nikole was so visibly upset about this was beyond Aurelia completely.

A disbelieving brow shot up before she laughed despairingly. "Bullshit."

Katja took a step forward and despite her unwelcoming stance, she was not threatening at all. The young Morellian was just not buying this explanation at all.

"Seriously. What happened? Cuz I need to know if we can all coexist for the trip without y'all being thrown about."

"That's all that happened," Aurelia insisted.

Then, she shrugged.

"Well, she was also a bit startled at realizing I'm the Aurelia Wayne who is Maize Wayne of WayneTech's daughter. But, that news had no bearing on us feeling like the space station was losing its gravity." Aurelia shook her head. "It was when we touched that things got wonky, and what you walked in on."

That probably's an odd word choice, "walked in on," she thought absently. But, since she thought we were fighting, it's close enough...

Her nose crinkled with confusion because a high affluent woman that had means was hitchhiking her way through the galaxy was just bizarre. But as with all things, beings had their reasons for being ... weird.

Less weird than a hand shake causing muscle memory lapses in how to stand.

"So ... y'all touched ... then you fell down?" She blinked, irritated at not understanding what was happening. "Either you're all drunk, or you're coming down with something. Once we're in flight, I'm going to scan you to make sure you ain't gonna get me sick."

"Well... stumbled... is more accurate," Aurelia murmured with a shrug.

It didn't really matter, but it still felt important to clarify that. She sighed and folded her arms over her chest, knowing she wasn't drunk.

But what if something was off in our drinks, before? Something bad in the cantina that affected us both? Or... maybe even others?

"Fine," Auri said. "Maybe there was bad liquor or something in the air recyclers. Check me out."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234