Her brow knit at that, and Director Esalis scowled. The dataslip was given little more than a passing glance as her chilled gaze settled firmly on her counterpart. She briefly wondered if the man had gone mad.

She made no move to retrieve the slip, and instead only moved to stand somewhat beside him, letting her gaze track away and out the window to the land below.

"You will have to excuse me," she finally started slowly, measuring each word, "... if I do not thank you so profusely."

As a student of Armand Isard, she had learned from her old mentor so many things, including how a person who offered such information was either doing so as a test, as a lure, or as a sign that they were purely ignorant of the machinations of subterfuge.

She doubted that Schreiger was wholly ignorant, but he had a vanity that grated upon her. Was this some form of poorly-executed brinksmanship? It was certainly no test; or at the very least she hoped that it was not. The more logical assertion was that it was a simple lure.

One that she had no intention of taking.

Pursing her lips, she went on.

"I do not like how forward you are with this information, Director."