Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Stomping Ground [Nallia]

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Enjoying the playful side of her, he feigned injury as she popped him on the chest, chuckling as she mentioned his mother thinking that he was taking advantage. Boy, did she have a lot to learn about the pirate life on Ord Cestus. Syravari smiled, "She'd be kicking my ass if I at least didn't try to be with you." Laying back, his left hand now behind his head, he was now wishing they could remain here in the lounge for the duration of the trip, but he needed a shower now, pretty bad. His amusement faded slightly and shifted to a more serious tone once more. "I think once we get there, you're going to enjoy yourself. It can be a wild place, from what I remember and I know many of the guys that I ran with before are going to be trying to get your frequency, so I may have to protect your honor," he tried to suppress a grin, trying to appear the white knight instead of the older rogue that he was.

Just as they talked, the door to the lounge popped open slightly, then Sabrina grinned, then drew her head back behind the polished, grey barrier. "Boss, dinner's on... if you've built up an appetite. Or I could have the serving droid bring you guys something." Her light chuckle was barely hidden behind the door, but everyone heard it.

Syravari glanced at Nallia, "Let us get a shower first, then we'll send for the droid. Thanks."

"You got it," she let the door close once more and vanished. No doubt to go tell the other girls in the kitchen what she had walked in on.

But, Syravari didn't care. He admired Nallia for a while longer. "What do you say," he began, caressing her right bicep. "Dinner in the tub, or worry about that later?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    As the door opened, Nallia turned several shades of red and buried her head against Syra's chest in embarrassment. As Sabrina left, she giggled. "We really should stop taking up public places on the ship."

As he spoke of dinner in the tub or afterwards, she shook her head. "Let's take our shower and then just have dinner in our room. Last time we ate in the tub, it got cold, the floor ended up with more water than the tub when we were done, and the poor droids had a hell of a mess in the morning." She laughed remembering the nearly full day they had hidden from the crew a week or so after things calmed down after Syra had once more rescued her from being kidnapped. It had been fun, but the mess had even made 'her' a bit conscious of their trysts.

The color on her cheeks was still bright as she rose off the couch to find her clothes. As pleasant as it was to enjoy moments like this, getting dressed was a necessity unless one wanted to scoot down the ship's halls in his oversized shirt and panties. She opted to throw her own denims but stole his shirt anyway. She laughed as she tossed him his pants and moved towards the door carrying her boots and his along with her shirt and undergarments. His own underwear was somewhere in the pile of blankets on the couch and she figured he would grab them along with his own pants she had tossed. "You know how sexy I find you without a shirt. And I love how you smell on me." She smiled seductively as she tugged the lapel of his shirt to her face, inhaling his scent she had grown to love more than any perfume the other girls tried to entice her into.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    "Why, it's my ship," he countered, then smiled as if that was already known. Though he had little to no modesty anyway, the tall, strongly built pirate pushed himself up with her and began gathering his clothes and slipped on his pants, once catching them. Carrying the rest of his clothes, he followed her toward the door and knew the maid droids would take care of the room not long after they departed. Her comment prompted that enticing adrenaline rush once more and he had a feeling they may not make it to the master suite. Smiling at her as they moved down the central hallway, he slipped his right arm around the small of her back and leaned in, kissing her.

"Keep talking like that and we may mess up a few more public places," he warned, grinning. Loving the red in her cheeks after Sabrina's interruption, he turned his attention to the approaching door that led to his forward suite, the largest onboard the ship. "The girls have their own embarrassing stories about being caught at the wrong times as well," he glanced to her, his grin perpetual now. "Brannoc ever gives you any shit, ask him about the redhead twins that he had in the gym's hot tub sometime." Though he had wanted to be part of that private party, he had refrained for several reasons.

Reaching the door to the master suite, he opened it and let her lead him inside, then followed her to the large refresher. Dropping his clothes into the hamper, he slipped out of his pants once again and tapped the faucet, the preferred temperature already programmed in. Once she had undressed, he moved to her in one swift motion, picking her up and carried her into the shower, loving her again. Dinner could wait.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    They were sitting cross legged on the bed, dinner remains all around them. She was wearing under garments one of Syra's button up shirts, middle button the only thing keeping it closed. She leaned back on the pillow and watched him. Her smile was of a sated, lazy sehlat. "You know, we keep this up and the girls will just start leaving trays outside the door." She laughed and reached to run her hand down his arm.

The shower had taken a turn that pleased them both and ended with them both needing a resoaping. By the time they had called for the serving droid, the food was half warm and they hadn't even cared. "You know, we need to discuss how long we're staying and what we are doing afterwards, Syra." She hated to be the voice of business, but it had been a while. "We haven't done anything since checking on the club. The repairs and refit when we land will put a nice dent in the funds we have listed." She knew Syra had turned down at least one job since they had left. Her kidnapping and his loss of control had taken tolls on everyone and no one seemed anxious to return to business.

Sitting up, Nallia moved to her knees behind him and began rubbing his shoulders. Her voice dropped slightly. "I'm fine. I promise, love. I'm ready to get back to work, Syra. Honest I am." She leaned to kiss his neck and hoped he believed her. She didn't want to be the reason he stopped doing what he was so good at.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Admiring her frame, he grinned at the thought of his crew becoming their servants which he knew would go over like a turd in a punchbowl. They would be more apt to leave the pair of lovers instead, which he couldn't bear either. Having to choose between Nallia and his crew wasn't even a thought, but the others that called the Grosetto home were his family away from home. They had been through a lot together. His attention was again brought to the present as she mentioned getting back to work.

He nodded, "Yeah. Figured after the visit home we can start getting back to the normally scheduled program," he smiled, his left hand mindlessly coursing up and down her right calf. "Eventually Brannoc may incite a mutiny and we'd end up being their prisoners, then I'd have to take him out and the whippings would have to commence," he joked, shrugging as she moved around behind him. Leaning into her a bit, he enjoyed her touch once again. "I know you are," he grinned. "Things have changed since I found you in the cargo hold. Can't deny that," he glanced back toward her, feeling her hair and body on his back and shoulder. "But, the life we lead does need that other kind of adrenaline rush as well." His grin faded realizing now that he had admitted to what he was. A pirate.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    She was so relieved to hear that. She didn't want him holding back because of her. Yes, things had changed since her small, timid, naïve eyes had glanced up at him in fear at being caught barely out of the station. But things had changed with him as well. HIs tough, gruff exterior had allowed itself to crack enough to let her in. And while he worried how she was handling things, secretly she worried for him as well.

"Good,"
    she said with finality and kissed his neck. Slipping off the bed she moved to the portal to look out at space slipping by in a rainbow of color. Her long legs showing under the overly long shirt as the fireplace beside her occasionally flickered just right to silhouette her body inside the large piece of material. "So, any thoughts where we'll go next?" She just hoped it wasn't her home. She'd had all she could handle of that place, despite it being the best place to refuel, replenish and find out who is looking for what. But she'd never tell him she didn't want to go back there. Would probably even suggest it if he asked her opinion. Mentally she sighed but outwardly she smiled. She'd do anything for him.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Laying on his left side, he admired her as she walked to the window and knew she had him wrapped around her little finger. Something that he hadn't felt since he was a teenager, though that relationship died once they both were assigned to their first ship. He wasn't even sure if Soricia was even alive now, but as Nallia inquired as to their possible destination after his vacation at home, his mind drifted for a moment, glancing to his rough hands momentarily. "There are plenty of busy trade routes that we could spy, but finding a good target first comes with gaining some intel on a ship. Need an easy target and one that's in a system where we can escape with the goods and not too far from a fence to get rid of it all before the Sector Rangers show up."

As his eyes caressed her again, he knew going back to the station where he found her first would be on the list one day, but he wasn't sure if she was ready for that yet. Never seeing himself as a liberator of slaves, this was that one moment where he could make an exception. The man that abused her for his own ends would pay one day, of that he had no doubt. The very thought of the things that she had mentioned suddenly turned his feelings of admiration for the girl now calling herself his, to anger for her own father that could abuse this girl. He took a deep breath and laid back, closing his eyes as he did his best to relax and not let that other side of him emerge. This wasn't the time or place, he mused.

Tears burned his eyes, making him even more angry that he couldn't just enjoy this moment with this gorgeous woman, one that he loved. Taking another deep breath, he let it out slowly and did his best to keep at bay that animal within.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia knew he was watching her, he always was. It had unnerved her to begin with. But now she had come to find it comforting and familiar. Though she had no idea of the emotions playing across his face. Her head leaned on the portal frame a moment. "You know, we managed to take that small freighter... what was the name," she bit her lip thinking a minute. "Oh, the Mariner. Remember? It had that haul of parts for Tatooine. For the evaporators. We got a good price for them with your contact. Maybe we should see what the Mariner is hauling now. We already know we can handle her weapons and crew."

The ship had been one of the first they had come up against after her joining. She had sat back for most of it, being new and not part of the crew to the point she wouldn't be underfoot. But she remembered the details. From how easily they had docked because of a blind spot in the weapons' turn radius, to the small crew that had only gotten a few shots off before they were subdued. When they had passed the goods on, the planet they had been on was so lush and green it had startled Nallia. She had been born and raised in space. Skies, clouds, even things like trees and grass were unnerving to her. Looking back it had been a ridiculous reaction. Whose heart races in fear because of grass?

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    He grinned remembering the Mariner, one that had been fairly easy to take down and though that thought was a good one - and appreciated at the moment - he also knew that tricks only worked once. "That's an option," he finally commented, his eyes still closed though he was feeling the ebb of those previous thoughts sinking into the background. "I'll call our infochant again once we get near Axxila and see if he's got anything new and interesting for us, then take it from there."

But right now, business was the last thing on his mind as he opened his eyes and glanced over to her once more, standing there in the window, her gorgeous frame picked out faintly in the bluish white flow outside and behind her. There were so many things that he had considered since they had become intimate, but retirement was never one of them. She still had some things to learn about the business, but she was coming along really well. Soon, he could consider her a lieutenant and his partner in crime. A thought that prompted a smile on his face.

What he did know right now was he hated having her so far away. "Come here," he bid quietly, grinning at her, left hand out. Having sated his primal need already, several times today, he just wanted to hold her and fall asleep. Tomorrow was another day.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia turned and smiled at him. How had she lucked out? She was in love with a Pirate. Her mental laughter added Pirate King... and you are his Queen. The idea made her face light up even more. Walking towards his outstretched hand she swayed her hips and undid the only button holding open her shirt. As it fell to the floor, she took his hand and crawled onto the bed to be with him. Their kissing eventually ended with them falling asleep entwined. Her body cradled in his arms with all her love enveloping them both.

---

The next day and a half passed as most lazy trips do. Meals were a jovial affair, the memories of those you had been where they were going being shared with those who didn't know what was awaiting them on the planet. Shopping trips and lists of styles and clothes were giggled between the women, most of them making Nallia swear she would spend at least some of her credits on pretty things to tease Syra in. The men spoke of parts, upgrades and repairs and other masculine things.

The night before they were do to arrive, Nallia had managed to avoid Syra most of the day. First it was the usual necessary things like helping with the daily maintenance of the ship, then there was fighting practice with Brannoc, and that evening she sequestered herself in the kitchen with the excuse of helping with dinner. It wasn't till she and the other ladies brought dinner into the main dining room that she would see Syra there, at the head of the table like a Captain overseeing his troops. She set the bowl of vegetables on the table, kissed his cheek and sat to his left, Brannoc across from her on his right. She smiled at him but it didn't quite reach her eyes, she was nervous about tomorrow. She would be meeting his mother the next day. She had avoided him all day because she couldn't find a way to keep the fear from her face.

After dinner, she stayed behind to help clear the table. At one point, she ended up being the only one in the dining room as she removed the table cloth and returned the room to the meeting setup it retained when not in use for family meals.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Stealing small moments with her when he could, Syravari got back into business mode and he found that the closer they got to Ord Cestus, the more nervous he became. Life on that world of pirates and smugglers was one that he had grown up in, though seemed somewhat foreign to him now. How had five years done that, he wondered. His mother and sisters were now probably remarried, possibly he was an uncle. Unless they had taken on successful pirate gangs and become wealthy. He could definitely imagine his sisters being just like their mother - tough, motivated and ruthless when the need arose. He only hoped that their lives hadn't taken them to that inevitable conclusion too early. Empty seats at the dinner table was the last thing he wanted.

Dinner that night before arriving was casual and enjoyable. He had come to enjoy the comradery that he and the crew had built since meeting them, and loved how Nallia fit right in even though she still felt like an outsider, for some reason. Though she didn't verbalize it, he could sense it sometimes. This life hadn't fully taken hold and maybe that was a good thing. Everyone aboard the Grosetto was an individual and unique in their own ways, yet when it came to it they were all on the same page.

Once done, he rose and moved to the lounge with Brannoc, Bodil and Givon, the copilot, leaving the girls to tend to the other things and visit, as Tomas headed back to the bridge and Braddon to his repair shop. Though he had four maid droids onboard, they still insisted on tending to certain things on their own. Though he also knew their bedrooms were a constant need for attention.

Rihana, their new weapons engineer joined the other girls in the kitchen, leaning on the long, marble topped counter as she sipped on a lum. "So," the dark haired girl began, interrupting the short silence. "How long's it been since the captain's been home?"

Bethany grinned, glancing back from the refrigeration unit. "Five years. Probably going to be picking his ass up from the tarmac when we arrive," she stated, chuckling. "His mother's supposed to be some famous pirate herself, so he's said she's one of the toughest women in the city."

"Feel bad for the guy," Rihana shook her head.

"His sisters are just like her, apparently," Sabrina added, hands wringing in the maroon towel in her hands.

Rebecca tossed the spatula into the dish washer, grinning. "I'm looking forward to seeing where he grew up though. Going to be kinda neat. Certainly better than the dump that I was raised in."

"Anywhere would be better than the back alley of some strip club," Bethany added, grinning. "Digging out of the trash reclamator's for scraps."

Rihana's brow furrowed, "You guys aren't serious." A comment that gained their serious gazes. "Wow."
    Last edited by Syravari Elik; Feb 13th, 2018 at 08:27:55 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia had enjoyed the dinner like she did every night. And being in the kitchen with the girls was a nic e change as well. As a couple of them spoke of scraping for food in any way possible, she nodded silently. She had spent many nights with a growling stomach, curled up on her own small half dissintigrated blanket pieces. She hadn't realized she was lost in thought until Sabrina threw the dish towel at her.

"Grosetto to Nallia..." she said as they all laughed. "What's got your mind in a tizzy, little nexu?" Sabrina's face softened as she realized their talk of their childhoods had probably stirred up old memories for the young girl. "He's gone hun... Syra saw to it, remember?"

Nallia nodded an smiled and threw the dish rag back at Sabrina. "I know... still hard to forget. I'm gonna head back to my room. I'll see you guys in the morning before we land." She gave everyone a hug and left the kitchen barely containing her rush to depart.

Once gone, Rihana frowned crossing her arms. "What was that all about?"

Sabrina glanced at the others and shrugged. "Sorry... she was brought up on a station that was run by the men the women welped and the kids were loaders till they were old enough to lead or breed. Her father was the Administrator. He punished her a lot for spurning his advances to her. He wanted to keep the 'strong bloodline' going." She looked to the others one more before looking back at the weapons engineer. "Syra killed him for her."

"Oh..." was all the woman replied. So they all had horrible pasts. Just more glue that held the group tighter together.

__

Nallia wandered the short halls of the ship before getting the nerve to pass by the lounge where the men were. The door was open and she lingered a moment to just watch them. Their laughter made her smile as jeers, taunts, and teasing. She lingered just long enough to catch Syra looking at her. She smiled for him in way she didn't realize had been reserved just for him. A smile that held every emotion, feeling and desire she held for him. Realizing that smile was also visible to Brannoc and Bodil, she blushed clear to her toes and hurried off towards the cargo bay. Perhaps a work out was what she needed. Something to distract her from the desire that burned in her for her boss and lover.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    As they talked about home and nearly forgotten memories, that familiar feeling caught Syravari and his eyes immediately gravitated to Nallia's smooth features, now staring at him from the doorway. He grinned at her and soon realized what those eyes wanted, prompting that ever familiar charge through his large, muscled frame. Though as he was about to get up, she was gone and he wondered now, as he realized she was going the opposite direction of their room, where she was headed. Only one way to find out, he mused.

"Cap," Brannoc chuckled. "Going to sit there, or do I have to take care of this for you?"

Steel-blue eyes shot to his trusted friend, "Yeah, try that," he playfully warned, pushing himself up and then downing the last of his whiskey. Carrying the glass to the whetbar, he set it on the counter and let the attending droid take care of it. "I'll see you guys in the morning."

"No problem," Bodil grinned. "Let you know when we're nearing Ord Cestus. Should be arriving early, so."

Nodding, he turned his attention to the hallway outside the lounge, then sought after that brunette who had turned his life upside down. Though he still had nervous butterflies floating around about seeing and dealing with family back home, right now he was more than eager to put those concerns aside and take care of the one that obviously needed him right now. Popping into the medbay, storeroom, droid shop, gym, he soon noticed Nallia about to get on one of the machines to work out. Grinning, he moved toward her.

"If you wanted a workout, I can help you with that," he suggested playfully, though every part of him serious. Walking up to her, he instinctively reached out to draw her in, that rush that he had come to love when they were together flowing through his veins now, his heartbeat racing with her touch. The passion they shared unlike anything he had ever known before, and he needed more of it.

"Cap," the voice came over the intercom and it took a long moment for Syravari to recognize who it was, entangled with Nallia on the large mat within the gym. Smelling her breath on him was intoxicating, feeling her heartbeat next to his own. "Cap."

"Yeah," he soon replied sleepily, having just been rudely awakened.

"Five minutes out."

A warning that took a minute to register.

Leaning over, he kissed Nallia and then pushed himself up. Things that needed to be done raced through his mind as he gathered up his clothes and slipped on his pants. He nervously hurried, glancing to her as they got up. "Need to take a shower, shave," he huffed. Though he would never regret being with her, Nallia suddenly drifted into the background momentarily. "Come on," he bid, tossing her, her own items to put on and then follow him back to their suite.

Hurriedly, he showered, leaving the water on for Nallia as he then stepped out and dried off, then moved to the sink to shave and comb his hair, then brush his teeth as if a man possessed. He had been the scourge of several trade lanes and now suddenly felt like that kid fearing a doctor's visit. Sweating more now than he had in a while. Sighing, he moved into the large, plushly decorated room and opened up the closet doors and stepped in. "What in the world am I going to wear?" Thumbing through his suits, he finally chose something and began getting dressed.

Seated on the couch that fronted the foot of the large bed in a dress suit, he slipped on nicer shoes and as his eyes met Nallia's once more, he finally took a breath. "Sorry about this morning," he said. "Just... a lot going through my mind right now."

As they talked, a soft knock on the door and it opened to allow Bethany in with a piece of fruit for both of them. Nearing Syravari, she glanced to Nallia and back, "Look nice. Here. Tomas's taking care of the Port Authority officer now, so everything's ready for us to head in to the city. He was going to rent us a speeder, but the officer mentioned that we have a limo waiting for all of us," she smiled.

Taking the fruit, Syravari nodded to her. "Thanks. Yeah," he took a bite and rose from the couch. "Mom does have a way about her," he stated, then turned his attention to Nallia once more. "We'll be there in a few."

"Okay," she smiled at them, turned and headed back out again, closing the door behind her.
    Last edited by Syravari Elik; Feb 14th, 2018 at 09:06:17 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia had lit up as Syra approached. Despite the strong resolve to not see him this evening, the sight of him tossed that clear out of her head. She held her hand out and willingly went to his embrace. Despite the open side of the cargo bay that was the gym, they had soon found themselves naked and twined together with as much passion and ease as if they had been in the privacy of their quarters.

At some point in the night someone, probably Brannoc, had covered them in a large blanket from the guest suite. As the comm came on, Nallia blushed clear to her toes realizing that either she had been so worn out that she hadn't felt Syra leave for it, or that someone had come and brought it. She ruled out Syra because he simply would have lifted her and taken her to bed. She made a mental note to thank Brannoc when she got the chance.

When Syra responded and rose, her own passion and heat receded. It was business time. She quietly took her clothes, slid on her shirt and slacks and followed him back to their room. Her own clothes were laid out as he showered. When she got out, she slipped into a pair of form fitting leggings with a long tunic of turquoise that fell nearly to her thighs. She had a pair of Bethany's boots the girl had insisted she wear when she had helped Nallia pick out the outfit. The knee black boots sported a small enough heel she could run if necessary, but tall enough to give her a nice feminine appearance. She was sitting on the bed brushing her still damp hair as Syra spoke. Her own soft voice came back to him, "It's all right. You don't have to apologize." She wanted to be sure she gave him the room he needed.

She had tried to back out last night. She offered to remain behind and see to the ship, let him get his hellos out of the way and she would join him in a day or two. But he had insisted, claimed he would throw her over his shoulder and present her as a conquest if she dug her heels in. His gruff teasing pirate growl had made her blush and his actions had turned her into a more than willing conquest anyway.

As Bethany came in and approved of her wardrobe, she smiled. "Thanks... the boots fit great." Coming up to her knees in the front, but lacing up the back of her legs from mid calf. It meant she could also kneel down if needed without the stiff material cutting off her circulation.

Biting into the fruit as the girl left, she smiled to Syra. "You'll be fine. Remember I love you, and I am always here." She wasn't sure she was strong enough to stand willingly beside him, but she would always be there, covering his back.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    He smiled and sighed, leaning over and kissed her passionately again, then backed once more. "I love you too." Winking at her, he knew they had to get going and this visit wasn't going to be anything like visiting where she had grown up. Quite the opposite in fact. Taking another bite of the fruit that Bethany had brought, he turned and led her out, glancing at her outfit. "You look amazing, by the way," he admired as they walked down the hallway. "Clean up pretty nice, may have to keep you around," he smirked sarcastically, knowing he couldn't live without her now. Too late for backing out now.

Taking her by the hand, Syravari led her to the primary lift and stepped in, then rode it down to the tarmac. As the white doors parted, he stepped out into the air full of exhaust fumes, whining engines and shouts from crewmen working on various tasks. He was home. "Welcome to Ord Cestus," he stated, then turned right and guided her toward the rest of the crew now piling into a sleek, shiny, black limo speeder as the driver held the door open for them. Amazed as they got in and sat down that it would hold everyone, he didn't mind the cozy interior, seated next to Nallia near the door.

"Mom sure knows how to live in style," Brannoc smiled from the long couch that commanded the driver's side and to another that fronted the back of the cab. Everyone dressed up and some even taking advantage of the bar.

"No kidding," Rihana agreed, smiling. "I could get used to this."

As they talked, the limo sped off and cruised between long lines of ships lined up in neat rows on the starport's tarmac. Steel-blue eyes admired the sight as they headed for the entry control point situated between two large maintenance hangars. Keeping Nallia's right hand in his left, thumb mindlessly caressed her hand almost like a safety blanket that he had come to rely on.

"Place bringing back memories, Cap," Tomas inquired.

He turned to his crew and love at his side, "You have no idea," he smirked. "Every one of those ships that we passed is owned by a pirate or smuggler crew. No Sector Rangers here. No police. We govern ourselves on this world. Always have," he informed proudly. "Ever need a safe haven, this is it."

Bethany beamed, "Almost like heaven," she mused aloud. "Scary to think that there aren't any authorities to harass me because of who I fly with," she glanced to Nallia and then to Syravari, "Think I may retire here."

"I'd second that," Bodil added.

Sabrina leaned forward, from Nallia's left. "So, how do they keep the peace here then?"

"Everyone knows the Code," Syravari began. "Each ship is governed the same way that each city is. Everyone respects the elder and their family, so it looks more like a feudal system in a way. Families rule cities, passed down from the one that either founded it, or took it centuries ago. It's an understood, established hierarchy, even though on a ship a captain can die and then his first mate or someone else steps into their place. On this world, it's just a son or daughter, if both parents aren't around any longer."

"So, marry the captain and you got it made," Brannoc smirked, winking at Nallia. "Kindof like that."

Syravari smiled, enjoying the distraction and glanced at Nallia momentarily, then back to his crew knowing that Nallia was already nervous enough without that thought. Or, maybe he was wrong.

The large starport quickly gave way to the busy city streets of Metauro. Businesses owned by retired captains or crewmen who had acquired more than enough money, or were smart enough to save while they plied their trade on the spacelanes. Tall buildings lined the streets, some sporting a woman's touch with greenery out front or in window boxes, revealing a host of different styles and easily revealing the personality of it's owner. Speeders of every make and model coursed through the wide and busy avenues, some revealing the owning criminal and his entourage or at least one gorgeous companion. Convertible speeders, music loud, revealed the younger generation forced to respect the older, more experienced citizens on the road with them.
    Last edited by Syravari Elik; Feb 15th, 2018 at 07:53:12 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia smiled and leaned into the comfort of Syra's side. The city was a bit overwhelming. It wasn't Coruscant, but for a girl raised on a space station, this was more than her mind could process. While she leaned on her lover out of a sense of wanting to be near him, the other reason was shear panic. The closeness of the buildings, the amount of traffic, even the limo itself was a bit much for her. When Brannoc teased about marrying a Captain and being set, she stuck out her tongue and sneered as she smiled.

The idea of actually marrying Syra hadn't crossed her mind. Syra wasn't the marrying type. She knew that in her heart. She wasn't looking to change things, so it didn't matter to her. She was just glad he had come back. The loneliness of being on Drifter's without him had cured her of the desire to ever live on a space station again. The thought was enough to make her turn to her head and lean up to kiss him. "It's a pretty place." She managed to say with genuine inflection. It was a pretty place. But she also came to another realization, she couldn't live in a city. The press of people made her chest tight and her heard race. it was loud enough in her ears she hoped Syra and Sabrina couldn't hear it.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Kissing her back, Syravari smiled and could tell that the rest thought so too, though still had a small nervousness about what was to come once this limo stopped. Enjoying her warmth, he continued gazing out through the large window to his right as the crew continued observing and dreaming.

"Swoop S," Braddon stated emphatically. "Have a shop full of them and contract out to race them. Get some good drivers and win tons of credits, tour the circuit."

"Better save all your creds then," Bethany suggested, grinning. "Stop spending them on droids and mods."

"I've got time before I have to worry about retiring, so," the droid mechanic defended.

Brannoc sipped on his whiskey, eyeing nearly every attractive female in sight, "Damn. Hey Cap," he called, still admiring a pair of blondes outside a shop as they passed, his neck nearly getting whiplash. "We're staying here a while, right?"

"Yeah, probably a week at least. My mother's not going to let us go right away, so you guys enjoy yourselves. Hit the clubs, the resort and casino. There's a beach not three miles from here," he grinned knowing they were probably going to hit them all while they were on the world.

"Uh huh," he half heard, until Rebecca chuckled and gained his attention. "What?"

"Just remember that some of these girls may have powerful fathers that you may not want to piss off, so be careful how you leave them in the middle of the night." Her auburn hair rounded at the back of her head then sporting a long braid down her back, reflected the sunlight coming through the window behind her.

"And don't use your real name in case they get pregnant," Tomas suggested, gaining glares from the girls. "What?"

"What a pig," Bethany shook her head.

"Why, that someone picked up on your tactic," Brannoc joked, smiling. "When you girls are gossiping in the kitchen, you tend to forget your voice carries."

Red faced, Bethany smiled as she straightened out her skirt, trying to avoid admitting that fact. Syravari had known all of them for some time and heard more than one story circulated over the years. He chuckled and craned his eyes to look at Nallia, "See what I've had to put up with all these years," he joked, glancing between the others in the limo's plush interior. "Bunch of miscreants, I tell ya."

Sabrina smiled, raising her crystal goblet to him. "Love you too, Cap."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia couldn't help but smile. This was all the family she knew. It was all the family she wanted or needed.

Knowing that silence would draw attention and jeering to her, she piped up. "You did pick the crew, Syra. Can't say you didn't know." She winked at Sabrina.

Glancing at Brannoc she covered her mouth in mock surprise. "So Brannoc isn't your real name?" She cocked her head. "Cause I swore you told that cute redhead on our last stop that your name was Brannoc." Leaning closer as if her whisper wouldn't be heard by everyone in the limo, she smiled and winked. "Or have you been hitting on me all this time with telling me you are Brannoc?" She laughed as the others chimed in.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Nallia's reply gained several chuckles as Syravari just smiled, then eyed Brannoc now trying to reclaim some dignity, hand to his chest as she needled him. "Wait a second," the lieutenant defended. "I've always been honest with friends."

"Unless he's drunk," Rebecca added. "Then it doesn't matter who she is. He could tell her his life's story and forget it all the next morning." Green eyes turned to the one now in the spotlight, glaring at him.

"There's a story there," Sabrina said, grinning, then motioned to Nallia as she eyed the captain. "Hear that, he's been hitting on your girlfriend."

Syravari couldn't pass up this opportunity, having known Brannoc for many years now. "We can talk about that later," his face serious, though deep down they all knew he was kidding.

"Wait a second," Brannoc feigned injury, eyeing Nallia now. "That's just my way, didn't mean anything by it. Come on, Cap..."

"Too late now," Tomas piped in. "Nice knowing you buddy."

"Yeah," Braddon grinned. "Can I have your pistols when you die? Love those."

"Stay out of my room," Brannoc pointed at the droid mechanic, then everyone else around him. "I'll come back and haunt every one of you."

Bethany leaned forward, eyeing Syravari and Nallia, pleading. "Please, spare him. It's bad enough living with him now."

Shaking his head, steel-blue eyes looked past the driver and out through the windshield to see the familiar neighborhood. Large estates fronted by ornate gates attached to stone walls, lined with trees and greenery denoted the lands of the captains and their descendants. Family's that he knew well. Tree-lined, the avenue also sported a wide, grassy median broken up at intervals so those driving out of their covered entrances could get out on the street and head in the opposite direction. At the far end, the limo soon arrived at a massive, wrought iron gate and slowed, then stopped. Opening his window, the driver announced himself and his passengers, then waited. Shortly after, the gates opened up and he drove in, turning right. Huge, ancient trees created a small forest to either side, and behind the high stone wall that forced the diversion. On it's face, a large shield covered in the heraldry of the family.

The others grew quiet as they eyed their surroundings, the banter now over.

"Hey, Cap....," Bodil's quiet voice cut in as they headed up the rounded drive, the ground to their left opening up and sporting a large fountain and the three story palace commanding the largest estate in the city. "Forget to mention something?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia smiled and settled back into her lover as they continued.

When the neighborhood got more up scale, her body tensed. Surely his place was beyond this. But when they turned into one of the estates... no estate was the wrong word. This was a palace in every sense of the word. And between the tree lined drive, fountain in the drive and the sheer grandeur of the place made Nallia's small heart catch in her throat. Her hand tightened reflexively in his. It would have been painful, but his own large hand was too much for even a strong slight thing like her. "I don't think I can't do this..." she whispered. She wasn't aware she had said it just loud enough for her lover to hear.

Her wide eyes staring out the window with the rest as Bodil's voice voiced what every one of them was suddenly thinking.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast