Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night On The Town

Definitely a fair question, she mused as the din of conversation continued on around them, some taking note of the couple now left alone by the obviously overbearing woman accompanied by the holorecorder operator. "Met someone that turned my eyes skyward and I never looked back. She had been in the service of the Empire and even though they had been unfriendly to my home city, she was more than a mentor and I owe her a lot. I helped her escape and eventually ended up serving the very government that I had been raised to despise," she shrugged, grinning. "Fate's funny that way, huh?"

Taking another sip of her wine, she set the glass down once more. "I take it you're not the only Force sensitive in your family," she stated as more of an observation. "Thought that ran in the family."

Baastian gave a shrug. "I'm the first one I know of. But maybe it skipped a few generations. The Jedi weren't even allowed to have families in the Old Republic, but they still found new recruits."

He glanced across the table at the basket of dinner rolls the Omwatti waitress had deposited, and opened a gloved hand. A steaming roll floated gently from the basket and hovered into his waiting grasp.

"There's still a lot we don't understand about the Force. But we're working on that. I hope we can help people see that it's just a tool, like any other. It doesn't make me better than you, any more than your skills make you better than me."

With a twist of his wrist, a butter packet floated out of the basket and hovered toward the roll. But halfway there it ruptured, hemorrhaging soft butter-replacement spread like the innards of a crushed beetle, and dropped to the table with a soft splat. Baastian laughed and rubbed his eyes with his fingers.

"Serves me right. Big things are easier than small." He set about cleaning up his mess with his napkin. "I admire your loyalty, by the way. To your mentor. It takes a lot of courage to leave familiar surroundings behind and step into a bigger galaxy."

Watching as Baastian showed off his abilities in the Force, she backed as the butter exploded and chuckled lightly in surprise. "Hope you don't try that too often with anything that's more expensive," she commented sarcastically. Taking up her napkin, she began helping him clean up the mess and then folded it as she then set it off to the side.

Blue eyes then focused back on the larger Force user and she sobered a bit at his praise. "She taught me a lot, so I owe her a lot. I certainly wouldn't be sitting here today without her tutelage, regardless of what my family may claim."

Soon, their waitress arrived with their plates and the Adumarian began digging in, leaving protocol to the wind as her stomach had been growling in the past few minutes. It had been a long evening already, and dinner had been missed.

"Enjoy," the waitress bid as she smiled and moved on.

Glancing up to his plate, she noted the unique spices within his choice. "That smells great, hope it tastes as good as it looks."

A bantha burger, medium rare, with nuna bacon and traladon cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, and just a bit of mayo - this was heaven on a brioche bun. Baastian mmmmed in appreciation after the first juicy bite, then dabbed his lips with a napkin. "Now that is a burger," he said. "How's your..." He leaned over to see her plate.

"So, if we're dating now... I guess we'd better learn each other's likes and dislikes. So, you like classical music. I like a bantha burger. What else do you do for fun, assuming you get any free time from the Moff?"

Grinning as he observed her soup and salad, more than enough for the active Imperial, she then nearly choked on the fact that they had been paired professionally, regardless of how it felt like an ambush and coercion. Sighing as she set the spoon on the edge of the white bowl. "Well," she thought for a long moment and wondered just how much she would be revealing on their 'first date'. "I love jazz as well as various other types of music, just depends on the singer and arrangement and my mood at the time, really. I've gotten to see quite a few really good artists performing when the Moff wants to entertain politicians or just get away, herself. Nice change of pace actually."

Pondering more information beyond that as she took another sip of her wine, then set the glass down. "I exercise every morning, read when I can. Typically documentaries or nonfiction that help with my job, keeping up on certain people and groups that the Moff needs more information on or is about to meet for the first time." Blue eyes rose to him and she smiled, "I know, usually Intel is supposed to do that with their daily briefs, but it's nice to have avenues into things that they may leave out for one reason or another." Taking another spoonful of soup, she swallowed and glanced back to him once more. "I'm sure you do more than work out and do interviews," she chuckled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12