Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Face on the Block

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Nodding she grinned at the commander, then followed Rez from the hangar area and into the ship's main corridor and listened to the pride that he had in this vessel. Though she wasn't as confident in her knowledge of capital class ships like her cousin, the agent knew enough. Coursing through the long hallway, divided in various spots by heavy frames which she knew housed large blast doors that could segregate each section in case of hull breach or shipboard actions. Passing crewmen and troopers alike, the life of a navy vessel was amazing, everyone depending on one another to survive out in the hostile environment of space.

Grinning at his confidence, "My grandfather would say that it's the captain and the crew that win battles, the ship is just the tool," she chuckled lightly at the memory.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    DarkFierceDeity
    Rez smiled at the comment. It was in fact true. A ship is just a ship without the crew, and a different crew could change the ships performance completely. Her comment drew a question in his head.

"Who was your grandfather? Sounds like he had something to do with ships."

As he asked this, they walked onto the command bridge and into the control room where the holo communicator was and several controls being operated by Imperial Officers.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    The query shifted her mental gears and she gazed to her new boss, "Rear Admiral Ty Syn. He's been a career navy man and dragged nearly half our family in with him," she smiled knowing her grandfather would love to hear that comment. "In his eyes the military life was the only life, though he didn't argue too much when I told him that I was going to be working for the empress in another capacity." Meandering through the foot traffic, most stopping and saluting the ship's commander, she continued to the left and behind him into the busy bridge. Droids helped evaluate data being sent up from the surface of many of the inhabited planets in this system as crewmembers all continued with their own tasks.

Beyond the large transparisteel viewport, she could see the fleet in formation around their flagship as well as Corellia far beyond.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    DarkFierceDeity
    "Welcome to the bridge" It was quite the sight to see so many officers working as hard as possible. Across from the command bridge, the starfighter bridge, which is what made the Venator so iconic, could be seen. Rez walked with Akilah to the viewport and looked out at the fleet.

"Magnificent sight, isn't it? Anyways, this is where you will report to receive missions, and where you report before departing. I will have an officer show you to your quarters while I prepare your briefing. Sound good?'

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Nodding, she tore her eyes from the scene of ships both near and distant with the world of Corellia as part of the backdrop. "Sounds good, thank you." Turning, she then noticed a junior officer approach. His sharp uniform and polished black boots typical of the Imperial military, though she had heard some impressive things about the Imperial Knights as well. Following slightly behind and to the right of the lieutenant, she remained quiet as they left the bridge and eventually caught a turbolift, taking it down a couple levels before it stopped. Many left the lift as well as entered as the trek then continued along more polished, metal grey hallways broken up by the signature lighting spaced uniformly down it's length. Soon after, he stopped and touched a button on the keypad to her right, then motioned within.

"If you need anything, ma'am, I'm Lieutenant Darkin," he nodded smartly to her, spun on his heel and left.

Entering the spartan, but comfortable quarters, she wasn't expecting a suite and wasn't disappointed, but this would definitely do. Setting her pack upon the bed inset into the left wall, locker at it's foot as well as a sliding drawer the length of the bed underneath it. To her right, a dim luma lamp highlighted the desk and workstation complete with a com suite. Beyond it, the entrance to the refresher. Taking a moment to clean up a bit, she became more familiar with all the hiding places before the Intel commander called her for the briefing.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    DarkFierceDeity
    Aboard the busy bridge of the Imperator, Officers were moving about quickly to collect known information Rez was demanding. Rez and Captain Elrick were standing by the holo-table in the center of the communications control room, looking at several schematics for Ion weaponry. Rez was trying to plan new modifications to his ship for an event they would be possibly participating in called Operation Barking Mynock.

"So, do you think we can fit these on the bottom of the ship?" To almost anyone else, JJ thought, Rez's tone would seem offensive or unfriendly. But it wasn't that at all. That's just how Rez was, and he did JJ the honor of not pretending. JJ studied the schematics carefully.

"It looks doable. We would need more power converters and connectors to add more armaments, stuff we don't have right now. We would have to wait a few weeks for new supply orders."

Just then, the lift to the bridge opened and Akilah stepped aboard. Rez turned around and smiled at her, changing his tone of voice. "Hello Akilah, perfect timing. We've just finished getting your information and leads together for your mission."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Relaxing in her quarters, Akilah didn't bother unpacking as she knew this visit was going to be a short one and when the knock came, she rose and approached. Tapping the button to open the door, it slid aside to reveal the lieutenant once again. "The commander wishes to see you, ma'am."

Nodding, she moved out of the room and followed him, entering the main corridor to the staff and officer living area, soon arriving on the bridge where the holographic image of a weapon system hovered in ghostly colors. The greeting offered prompted a grin as the lieutenant disappeared once again, taking his cue. "This ship is immense," she commented without thought. "Definitely easy to get your exercise every day going from one location to the next." Light chuckles from his staff officers gained her azure gaze as she approached the large holoprojector and stopped, eager to get to the surface and make a difference for the empress.

"What've we got?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    DarkFierceDeity
    Rez walked abruptly over to a control panel on the Holo projector and typed on it as he began speaking to Akilah over his broad shoulders.

"We've got a few leads on a few ring leaders of this little resistance. Based on the intelligence of sightings, purchase records, and a few other factors that myself and a few other agents have collected, one of them is located in Kor Vella."

A holographic image of the large city appeared over the holo display. It was vast, with treacherous looking terrain surrounding it. It was somewhat beautiful to behold though.

"It's a popular tourist city. Most people go there for meditation and relaxation. I recommend not making a big scene and try to stay below the radar. People there will easily be able to single you out as different if you seem like your there for some other reason." Rez pulled out a small holo device and handed it to Akilah. "This is a direct communicator to this holo projector. Use it to communicate with us. It also carries all leads, big and small, that we've been able to collect."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Looking wounded as she took the comlink, "Saying I can't be on vacation just like everyone else?" Grinning lightly as she checked over the frequency as well as the encryption adaptation in the small screen, she knew this would be something that would have to be guarded. Stuffing the device into her jacket, she gazed at the holographic layout of the resort town, it's undulating, rugged terrain ringing the lavish setting in a protective half circle and fronting a long beach was very inviting and she could understand how it drew so many. Businessmen and their families taking time away from the busier Coronet City and manufacturing hubs would love to be catered to like kings and that was where she would make her first target rise to the crosshairs for the Empire.

"I'll get going right away, but going to need ident cards, background and all that arranged," she stated, turning her attention back to Rez.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    DarkFierceDeity
    "Well, of course you're not on vacation, but the idea is to look like you are. And for those detailed things you need like identify cards, that info is on the Holo device. Just give it to my lieutenant and he will get you a permanent copy of what you need."

Rez turned back to the holo controls and typed something in quickly, showing much proficiency and knowledge in the data they had stored. The image of a small transport shuttle appeared.

"Here is your transport. It's a strange ship we scavenged from a pawn shop on Coruscant before we departed. I've fixed it up to be completely efficient. Your credits are already on board it. As for living arrangements, that's up to you."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    The jest being missed by her superior, she let it go and continued listening to the further instructions, then nodded. "Thanks, I'll keep in touch when things become relevant." Hoping for the best on this assignment, Corellia was going to be interesting when trying to find a group of disgruntled terrorists in a community of those that all had the propensity for being independent. Turning from the large holoprojector, Akilah headed for the junior officer that had been her guide so far while aboard. "Commander said you'd get me an ident card and other items for my trip."

"Yes, ma'am," the lieutenant replied, moving from the bridge and headed for another enclosed room, keying in a code for entry. Within, the dimly lit interior full of computers and holograms denoted the command center for the Intel department's analysts and sensor and communications operators. The backbone of why they were here as these were the ones that kept track of everything sent by field agents, collating reports for the commander. Moving to a cluster of analysts, the lieutenant handed one of the uniformed men the datadisc. Within moments, she had all she needed to get going.

Grabbing her pack on the way, she made her way to the private hangar and flew the ship from the fleet, keeping it's signature as unseen as possible, micro-jumping from Corellia and out, then making a new entry from another point. Entering the system once more, the agent soon gained clearance to land in the resort's modest, yet very up to date starport resting on the shores of the ocean. Time to get to work.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    DarkFierceDeity
    Captain Erick walked up behind Admiral Ace as he watched the shuttle depart from the observation deck.

"You don't have much of a sense of humor, as usual." JJ commented, watching the shuttle leave with him.

"No, I don't. I'm so blasted busy, there's no time for it." Rez had several duties to tend to, and now he could only mark one off his list. JJ did all he could to help him, but there was only so much Rez would let him do.

"You sure this is a good idea? You've barely seen her abilities." JJ asked. He didn't question Rez much, but he wanted to know what Rez was planning. Rez responded before walking back to his command chair. "I'm confident in her abilities. She didn't get her rank from not being reliable. The ring leaders behind this resistance will soon be brought to justice...keep the coms channels open in case she tries to contact us."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12