Thread: Heyo!

Declan Ross

Newbie Heyo!

Blame Ilias... Blame Ashin... Blame Seroth.... And a few others I'm sure.... They convinced me! But I'm not Canadian, I'm like the store-brand diet version of Canadian, I'm a Michigander (Kentuckian by birth in USA). I'm a roleplayer of... Well... A few years(roughly 14-15).... I've played various settings, avenues... Sci-Fi to Fantasy to 'Heroes' to Marvel to Wheel of Time.

I've imported a failed character concept from another forum, so forgive any toe squinching as I adjust him to this setting. Which may take a minute, as my posting is famously erratic... I'll post like a demon for days on end, then vanish for a week or longer. It's the lovely nature of being in an accelerated Paramedic School, behind on clinicals, working full time as a Dispatcher, and prepping for Fire Academy... EMS in the Murder Capitol of the USA, yay!!! As the song goes, I owe my life to the company store. BUT I usually can respond if you poke me on Skype or in a PM.

Plus, I have a 6 year old daughter, who I adore, who I get one weekend a month. That pretty much ceases activity not involving her for that weekend. As well, I make props on the side when time allows (hah!). Generally, if i'm not working, I'm doing *something* except of an evening now-a-days... Evenings I sit and post. This is ranging from studying Emergency Medical journals or for class, apprenticing at a few blacksmiths forges(every couple months)... Studying bladesmithing(miss it!), practicing Fiores' Italian Longsword(won my last spar and melee), or I.33 sword and buckler. When my D&D group pesters me enough, I on occasion squeeze into hauberk and helm and help them run a viking camp as an authenticity adviser. Because anachronisms make me have small eye-tics and they think it is funny.

I look forward to getting my feet wet, slowly, and seeing how things go here!

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Erin
    Hello there! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Welcome to madness!

If you do not have syrup, what have you got then?

Seroth
    Excellent! :

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Hey there! Welcome aboard!!

And you do prop building as well? What sort? I mostly make Fallout props, with some Skyrim thrown in.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    much respect with everything you got going on. Welcome!

Maarek
    Outstanding.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Natacha
    Welcome!

Declan Ross
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Black View Post
    Hello there! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Welcome to madness!

If you do not have syrup, what have you got then?
    Lots and lots of soul-food.... And good beer.

As to props.... I make mostly Star Wars.... Some Dune (a knife), and some Wheel of Time... Mostly just an Asha'man still being tweaked. Warder cloaks proved problematic with hexochromatic paint. I did a full custom Legacy Era Mandalorian. Working on a Jedi, just teachin myself to make a lightsaber.

And really.... I enjoy being this busy... I get nervous if i'm not. lol!

Taataani Onashi
    Y'know I like these purrdy fellas bringin' me food and wine and beerr and such. Hell I might even shave my legs forr that!

I need to link this so that when I say "SHUT THE F##K UP STEVE" it won't come off as me being an ass.

Welcome! You have quite the resume and we're glad to have you around!

Kaman, should I just give up and submit to the whims of Canada now, or should I keep struggling?

Submit to me, Tawdry-san.

Declan Ross
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierce Tondry View Post
    I need to link this so that when I say "SHUT THE F##K UP STEVE" it won't come off as me being an ass.

Welcome! You have quite the resume and we're glad to have you around!

Kaman, should I just give up and submit to the whims of Canada now, or should I keep struggling?
    LOL.... I got it from an old machinist who trained me when I was in the trades. It just stuck. Plus, it's easy to shout in an ambulance bay.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Welcome, good to have you with us