Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Somnambulists Waltz

“Do fic o'emalehek cea y deleo or kn'iyau,” the Rake lied, with a sideways nod at Mallea. I’ve rescued this woman from slavery.

“Buh Do ohk nie a getaway, ji kn'iyol becansan sei ordeket," he added, with an audible sigh. While I was making a getaway, the slavers damaged my ship.

“Qaon tualin bo dan,” purred the Twi’lek, with a hint of sarcasm that even Mallea's ignorant ears might catch. How noble of you.

“Uh huh,” the Rake agreed.

Something clattered down in front of Mallea: a plate of food and cutlery. With his pinky finger, the Rake nudged the cutlery until it touched Mallea’s hands.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    She let the foreign language wash over her, trying to discern the intent behind the words even if she could not understand the words themselves. The female sounded a bit sarcastic, but a plate clattered onto the table and the smell completely distracted her. Something cool touched her hand, and she extended her fingers to touch the plate.

Lilaena picked up the utensil, fingertips questing along it's length to determine what it was. A hybrid of some sort, no doubt native to whichever planet this was. It had prongs, however, and she managed to spear a bite of food. Some sort of meat, with gravy, and a glob of cooked grain.

She was suddenly ravenous, only her blindness stopping her from shoveling the meal into her mouth. Lilaena did not want to splatter food everywhere, and ate relatively cautiously. Whatever the provenance of the plate, the contents were delicious.

oh what a tangled web I weave

“Toyid dan rekie sei ordeket? Do laboo ar fiyet or circaa la'ak rikey,” the Rake went on, the table creaking as he leant both elbows on it. Can you repair my ship? I need to get out of here pretty sharp.

There was a hmph of laughter from opposite where Mallea sat. “Arsian ceu kn'iyol viksan dan,” the woman chuckled. Before those slavers catch you.

“Ba,” the Rake said with a sigh. Indeed.

“I can fix the ship,” said the woman, shifting into flawless albeit accented Basic. “But not fast. You’ve treated it badly.”

A huff of breath, the Rake. “How about a trade-in, part-exchange? You got anything I can take off your hands? Maybe something a little lighter.”

His voice grew lower, softer. “Something that the First Order won’t pay much attention to.”

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Lilaena kept eating, even as she listened intently. She had no idea what the first order was, possibly a planetary faction, or an organization from the Unknown Regions?

Twenty-five years, give or take a year... it was a long time. Things were probably very different than she remembered.

Names were beginning to filter up through her subconscious. Jeng.

Her utensil scraped noisily across the plate as she ate another bite, chewing slowly. After swallowing she looked in the direction of the Rake and his conversation partner. "Are there any Mandalorians in this sector?"
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Jan 14th, 2020 at 02:15:07 PM.

“Pity, I could get you a ship that’s perfect First Order bait for next to nothing at all,” the woman said, her words dry and yet dripping with venom.

A slight squeak of something, leather or metal, as the Rake shifted his weight. “Alright, alright, point taken.”

At that point, Mallea interjected.

“Mandalorians?” The Twi’lek, her voice a little more uncertain.

“Not for a long time,” the Rake cut in. “Not since before the Republic.”

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She lapsed into silence. No allies in the sector and not for years, depending on when the Republic had taken over. Her eyes strained for light as she lightly touched her plate in search of food she may have missed. It was undignified, and she got gravy on her fingers, but effective as she located part of her meal that had evaded her.

What would have happened to them? Was Jeng even alive? Were any of them alive?

Lilaena clenched her utensil in her fist, then gently laid it down beside the plate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123