Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: It had to start somewhere...

Auri half-smiled at Vonce as she accepted the package. She handed him a few credits gratuity too.

"Thank you very much. Have a good rest of your day," the young executive said.

She stepped back to close the door, wondering what Nikole was surprising her with!

Nikole had sneaked into the flat through the backdoor as the delivery boy distracted Aurelia. It was all a clever ploy to surprise her beloved mate! She had used the minimal time wisely, heading straight into the kitchen to pour two glasses of wine and gods did it feel good! To be in the vicinity of Aurelia had obliterated the anxiety she had felt for a week. Which is why it took all of her self control to drop the illusion and just pounce on Aurelia instead despite the different ache of longing in her heart. It was a gift to see Aurelia's face walk away from the door with the package in hand and looking so joyful - eager to open the gift that Nikole had sent.

It was nothing extraordinary but to Aurelia they would mean the world - the very sweater that she let Nikole borrow and the medical bag that she hired the Nystroms for to begin with. What was even more significant? That meant Nikole was home...

Carrying the package back into the apartment, Aurelia gazed at it with pensive surprise. It was sweet to think that Nikole had pre-planned a gift while she was still flying back from Corellia!

"Soon," she whispered to herself as she set the package down. Auri reached for scissors in a drawer with which to open the box, so pre-occupied by its arrival that she didn't catch the difference in how she felt, much less that Nikole was mere feet away in the kitchen!

"So soon in fact, that soon is now!" She couldn't help it, or wait a moment longer to reveal herself. Aurelia was so happy and expectant that Nikole just needed to help further that joy by reuniting with her at that very second.

Her smile was bright as she approached her, still holding the two glasses of wine with a twinkle in her eye. "And I can't believe you didn't just tear into the package I sent you!"

Aurelia yelped in surprise and turned to face the wondrous sight of Nikole coming toward her as if she'd never left. Package forgotten and scissors dropped onto the cushion, she paused because she was ready to tackle the brunette but she was holding a pair of wine glasses!

"Nikole! Oh gods, you're here!" she exclaimed. "I was going to savor opening it, and-- wait! What're you doing here already?!"

She took both glasses from her and set them down. Then, Aurelia launched herself at her girlfriend, laughing and crying.

Nikole happily laughed as Aurelia squished her so tightly. When she was able to get an arm free, it immediately went to smoothing out her girlfriend's hair so she could plant a gentle kiss there.

"I wanted to surprise you," she said through joyful tears. "And I was going to wait until you opened the package, but I couldn't help myself, darling."

"Trust me, I'm surprised!" Auri replied with a laugh.

She reached up to cup her face in her hands and gave her a solid kiss, needing that to express herself more than any words she could try to string together just then. Aurelia caressed her cheeks with her thumbs, then pulled back, staring at her.

"Gods, I missed you!"

Aurelia's presence had soothed her heart but the kiss had mended her fractured soul.

"Mm... I've missed you too. So much, darling," she said softly. Nikole had missed the blue orbs staring at her with such love and relief. The same feelings that reverberated through her entire being.

Closing her eyes, Nikole moved into Aurelia's touch with a slight tilt of her head to reconnect.

Aurelia caressed her face and let her fingers trail down her neck, relearning the feel of her soft skin. She stared intently at her, afraid to blink in case the woman vanished.

"You're home. Gods, I'm so relieved, Nikole..."

She kissed her again, needing that press of her lips.

Aurelia could watch as Nikole swallowed hard before lips parted in a soft sigh. To feel her touch, her intent, was so powerful that Nikole felt the moment everything aligned perfectly inside her soul. And she couldn't even respond as Aurelia's eagerness already had their lips pressed together. Without another thought, she returned the kiss with great need, the wine and gift long forgotten between them.

They both needed this moment after the days apart. Everything else would wait.

Aurelia wrapped her arms around Nikole as she kissed her, everything but her presence muted and forgotten. The longing she'd felt with her gone had been more painful than she could properly articulate, and even that faded now, having her back. Aurelia's kiss made it clear how deeply she felt about this woman who'd knocked her whole universe sideways.

She held her tight, pressing their bodies together snugly. It felt utterly perfect.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415