Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Some Assembly Required

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ApexLupine
    There was a brief flash of panic that crossed his features, but Kes quickly returned to a look of calm as they were ferried downward. What exactly had she done? What could she have possibly gotten it into her head to do? He'd already declined the notion of a water tub, and a series of humidifiers... what else could there be? He scoured through the terrifying possibilities, and the inevitable attempts to have to explain to his superiors that no, none of whatever had been done was done on his order. And so the lift ride was made in silence. For him, it was a tense silence spent imagining himself being summarily sacked and sent off to captain some garbage hauler. An inglorious end to a career spent in mostly studious service to the cause. He was doomed, and all because of the good intentions of Lieutenant Gradoona.

But, he put on a brave face despite the inner turmoil, and as the lift slowed to a stop, the doors opening, Kes gestured for her to exit first.

Licking his lips, Kes steeled himself as he stepped out after her, letting her lead the way.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Gradoona stomped along, whistling happily to herself as she finally arrived at the Commander's quarters.

"Ookay soo howaboout ya cloose your eyes, aaand I'll letcha knoo when you can oopen 'em?"

If there was ever a sly or conspiratorial expression a Herglic could make, it wouldn't matter anyways, as Kes likely couldn't tell to begin with. Still, Gradoona's little eyes squinted to each side of her open grin, and she wrang her thick hands together expectantly.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

He gave her a worried look then, his concern showing through the cracks of his calm facade. Again his mind's eye tortured him with visions of being sent off. But, with a long, deep breath, the redhead did as he was asked and closed his eyes.

Please let it just be a vase of flowers, or a bucket of fried nuna and mashed tubers...

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Gradoona clacked repeatedly, easing a hand across Kes' shoulder as her other hand keyed open the door with a whoosh. They stepped into quarters that now boasted a wider panorama window pane, warmer and more even lighting, and a datashelf carousel. Most of the changes were functional rather than aesthetic, but nothing overtly clashed or detracted from the original state of things.

Upon inspection, he might notice the lack of a bed or of sonics in the refresher, but that too was part of the plan.

"Ookay, you can oopen up!"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

There was a moment that he was fearful of opening his eyes, but Kes pushed the worry away, doing as he was asked.

The wider view of the starfield outside was lovely, and letting his gaze linger for a few moments longer, the redhead eventually allowed his eyes to wander further. The lights seemed to cast everything in a much more level and even way, not to mention they seemed somehow warmer and inviting. It was... nice. And not at all the horror that he was expecting.

"Looks good, Lieutenant," his tone held a touch of tentative approval. "Looks very good."

Stepping away, he moved through the main living area, pausing in the open doorway of his room.

"Um, Lieutenant... " He turned to look at her.

"Where's my bed?"
    Last edited by Kes Akiena; May 19th, 2015 at 11:04:08 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    She thought he'd never ask. Looking well-satisfied, Gradoona cleared the air with a dramatic haaaauuuum for effect, then tilted her head up slightly and let loose a series of whistles and clicks. The chiming affirmation of the droid brain recessed in a wall panel responded, and the deck where Kes' bed once rested split apart silently, revealing what was before a hidden recess. Up from the open panel, Kes' bed raised silently up on hydraulics.

"Taa daaa!"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Oh dear.

It was certainly not what he expected, and Kes stood in a small amount of shock, unsure exactly of what to say. He blinked, brought a hand up to scratch at an itch on the underside of his jaw, and bit his lip for just a moment.

"Well, I... " he scrambled for anything to say.

"It's... very nice. Really, very nice."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "Pilfered a DR-46J droid brain from the consignment depot. Yaknoo, they're juuust about obsolete, but they're good foor basic vox commands and minor logic. Soo, a little saalder jaab, run a wire heeeere run a wire theeere, and the pneumatics gaat picked aaff the bones of a Sentinel lander rusting in the chaap shaap. Hefty enough for you and a harem, yaknoo, if the mood grabs ya sir!"

Gradoona considered jumping on the bed to demonstrate, but thought better of it. While the strut would easily take the punishment, the mattress springs were probably another story.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

"You're quite resourceful," he answered, his voice just a little bit low as he took in her explanation.

And truth be told she was. Thankfully it still fell beneath the mark that he'd been worried she'd send him over, and Kes quietly let out a breath of relief as his hand fell away to hook a thumb into the belt loop of his trousers.

"So then, you said you're mostly done; what else do you have left to do?"

It was fairly obvious that he did not want to have to spend another night in his office.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "Ooh well...I made a list."

Feeling modrately chuffed, the Herglic pressed a datapad into Kes' hand.

"I knoo these aren't priority, soo it won't hurt my feelings if you tell me to forget about these. Anything from woodwork aan accent pieces to added recharging panels. Maaaybe an aquarium, I dunnoo."

Gradoona fweeed expectantly, wondering how that bit of possibility might grab him.

"Think it oover, sir. Heck, I could even design an ergonaamic desk. I've been lookin' at a few designs."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Giving the 'pad only a cursory look, Kes let out a long breath.

"Well, for now I'd say you've done quite a bit. I'll," another glance was sent to his bed before returning back to her.

"... I'll have a look through these here and let you know. Fair enough?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    ~fwaaaa-cli-squee~

"You betcha sir! Yaknoo it's naat a praablem at all."

With her tools tidied up and put back on the maintenance cart, she cast a rolly-tongued grin back at her superior.

"Well, I'm suure I've more than overstayed my visit and all, soo I'm gonna goo and tamp down other fires. You have a good'un, sir!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456