Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helllloooooo, Nurse!

A week in a splint, but... but... Hal's base natures whimpered as he looked down at his right arm.

Looks like Leftina is gonna be busy, ha!

Sorry, Rightbecca, but I think he's right. I'm gonna have to see Leftina for a while.

Good grief, you're terrible.

"Splint, yeah, good idea," Hal found himself saying, again without thinking. Once again, the world caught back up to him, and this time it was Hal's turn to feel his face warming unnexpectedly, blushing beneath his fur, the insides of his ears going slightly pinker than usual. "Heh, yeah, I, uh, kinda hit that when I hit the ground, too. Guessing we need an X-ray for that, too, so... you probably want me to take my pants off, don't you?"

She seemed to pause, as if warring was occurring between primary and secondary systems. Functionally the clearest image would come without the constraints of clothing, but again that same random coding accessing her discomfort subroutines. But medically it was expedient, and for once, despite it all it seemed her secondary systems would relent, and she gave a small, short nod.

If you do not mind, Hal. I can provide you with a dressing gown if you would be more comfortable.

The electrical surge built a bit, fingers fidgeting as one hand ran across the palm of the other to try and stop the motions, warning sensors once more alerting her that such an action was contrary her design parameters.

As shrugging would deliver a sharp jolt of pain in his right shoulder, Hal simply smiled and shook his head. "Nah, don't really need one. Not ashamed of being seen in my fur. Just a sec."

Easing down off the exam table, Hal used his left paw to fumble at first with the button on his fly, then popped it free and loosed the zipper before then reaching back to unfastened his tail fly. With but a quick wriggle of his hips, the Nehantite's trousers slid down to the floor and he stepped out of them, leaving himself without a stitch of clothes.

"Better?" He asked, possessing no apparent shame, and bearing a smile.

The secondary systems were oddly quiet for once, she would be thankful if such a reaction were an appropriate one for a droid. She smiled, keeping her oculars above his waist for the patient's benefit, while he did not seem to have a level of shame that would be anticipated in a situation such as this one, it was still polite to maintain proper decorum.

Thank you, Hal.

She wheeled the cart back over, and positioned it, once more going through the process of turning it on, jotting down some notes and then moving it only to do so again, finally she pulled it away with a small frown.

It does not appear you have suffered any fractures or obvious muscle injury, but there are a few irregularities I would like to double check.

She was about to reach out and touch the area he had indicated to continue the diagnosis when she stopped, raising her hands slightly. Do you mind if I continue the examination?

She was going to be physically touching an area that not all sentient individuals would be comfortable being touched at, by a medical professional or otherwise.
    Last edited by MA7-E4; Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:14:24 PM.

As best he could, Hal tried to look down at the X-ray screen, itself, but he found himself on the wrong end of a good vantage point. Then came the word.

"Irregularities?" he spoke, brow wilting, mouth slightly agape with worry. Inside, his heart found an empty elevator shaft and threw itself in a flying leap down to the bottom. Immediately his mouth felt dry, all manner of horrible thoughts flooding his mind. Cancer? Parasites? Some sort of obstruction? Boneitis? Heart rate rising, he nodded slowly.

"Y...yeah... please," he replied, his confidence gone. Though really, Hal began to wonder if he might be better off not knowing.

Her finely crafted fingertips slowly kneaded into his hip fur, feeling at the joint and bone, warmth spreading through the tips as she manipulated the area to check the muscle and bone there, pressing a bit deeper against it to feel something, she rolled her hand across it slowly, pulling away from the touch for a moment to make a note of it in her pad, then sat it back down and continued.

Does this hurt?

She asked, massaging one area of his hip softly, and watching for a reaction as she did.

Countless alarm bells died down in Hal's head as Matea's hand went to his hip, instead of... other places. Holding his right arm until a splint and sling could be fitted, the mongoose stood with most of his wight upon his left leg, and only emitted minor grunts of complaint as Matea's fingers pressed against bruised flesh over bone. Still, nothing felt out of the ordinary, other than a delicate hand sifting its fingers into his fur, feeling and stroking his bare hip gently at first, then more firmly, his grunts turning into a low murr, until suddenly a different sort of alarm bell sounded its warning.

Oh, no. No no no, not now.

I... can't help it. She's so close, and... touching me.

No. I'm not going to allow this! Here, have about a million dull, boring and unappealing images!

It's... not helping.
    Hal's base natures whimpered, knowing his body was going to do what it was going to do, regardless of his mental faculties. And, unless Matea could somehow block out half of her vision when so close to his bare hip, she was going to notice a change staring to take place in the Nehantite's anatomy.

A sigh of relief came when her hand moved away, but it was short-lived. Just as soon as it was gone, that warm, perfect hand was back, this time finding just the right spot.

"Yie!" Hal yipped, finding a pain he had never felt before, there. Sadly, it had no negative effect on his other problem. "What is that? That's new, that spot."

The response from the Nehantite filled her with satisfaction, not at his pain, but at a proper diagnosis of the situation. She had been so focused on the task at hand she had not noticed the other, growing, problem. With a rewarded smile she looked away from the spot to speak to Hal again, and then a beat passed between them, and another.

Her primary systems assured her, it was a natural physical response to sensation. Hal was simply more sensitive than had been anticipated, and there was no reason to take action, or even draw attention to what was occurring.

Her secondary systems seemed to only be able to send small bits of coding, laced through with electrical stimuli that sent a dozen systems into a state of disarray. The fingers on her left had twitched again, and she pushed the limb out of Hal's view, toward her back, attempting to override the subroutines that had entered a frenzied state of overtaxation.

Yes. I believe I know the cause. She said quickly, standing and taking several steps away from the Nehantite. Of the irregularity, and of the pain you just felt. She attempted not to look, oculars staying above his waist, but she was having to force them not to wander.

Your injury from the fall is minor, some bruising and swelling but will heal. You do seem to have developed a bone spur at your joint, however. I can prescribe pain medication, but unless it progresses seriously it should be a minor ache and it is not likely you will need further treatment.
    Last edited by MA7-E4; Apr 15th, 2015 at 05:13:39 PM.

Hal blushed deeply, a sheepish smile on his face when her eyes met his, though that didn't stop his body from following its natural course of action. He tried his best to ignore it, but it was too late: once started, his body was going to follow through to completion.

"Bone spur?" he asked, trying very hard to remain professional while looking quite the opposite of it. "And, if it does need further treatment?" Hal found himself looking down toward his hip, then immediately back up. Putting a paw over his crotch would do nothing buy lampshade the unspoken issue there. Instead, he changed the subject, his curiosity having been aroused -

You just had to use that word, didn't you? I stayed quiet at lampshaded, but, really? Aroused? Come on! Kids read this stuff!

- his curiosity having been piqued earlier.

"Your left hand, there. Are you experiencing difficulty with it? It keeps, shaking," he said. "Can I see?" Hal extended his left paw, trying to keep it high and away from his loin, rather like his -

Okay, that's enough. I'm stopping the post here. You need a time out, mister.
    Last edited by Halajiin Rabeak; Apr 15th, 2015 at 05:18:20 PM.

The number of data packets too and from the discomfort subroutines rose, the secondary systems all but on fire now, electrical signals warming her cheeks further, oculars widening first, then dilating at his notice of her reaction, and then as he offered to take her hand. The fingers continued to spasm in the approximation of a nervous twitch.

I do not believe such is proper. I am very sorry for my condition. This is not conducive to a positive medical experience.

This has not been a positive medical experience.

The echo of an internal register of the sentiment caught her further off guard. And she found herself steadying her frame against the desk she had sat the data pad on earlier. She turned, oculars refusing to even look in his direction now, and picked the pad up, forcing her hand to cease it's activity, system wide warnings threatening her for the strain she was putting on the servos, she dismissed them.

I am alright, Miss Suriyesh will be performing a diagnostic on me after my return to the shop this afternoon. Most likely a minor setting malfunction.

That was not truthful. Her primary systems insisted on a correction to the statement, further coding from the secondary system and the primary system was rerouted to ignore the subroutine.

If the bone spur does require treatment, there are several sonic options available to break the growth off without further complication or surgery. It should be a minor procedure, with minimal invasion.

She fumbled with the pad, fine motor controls in her right hand suffering for a moment.

Perhaps you would be most comfortable in re-dressing. I believe I have seen everything I need to.

"Y-yeah, let me do that," Hal volunteered quickly.

This has not been a positive medical experience. I hope you're happy with yourself.

What part about "not my fault" do you just not get? Some things I simply can't help. And, no, as a matter of fact, I'm not happy with myself. That was really emabrassing.

With haste, Hal stepped back into his trousers, though he struggled to get them zipped again. Wasting no time, he found his shirt, and put it back on, trying to adjust himself to appear normal as best he could.

"I'm dressed," he announced. It was clear he wasn't proud of what happened, and, holding his arm, he stepped over a bit closer, but still remained a few steps away. "And... for what it's worth, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to... you know. It's just, well, you're very pretty, and you were touching me sorta close and... in any case I'm sorry," he began to trip on his own words until at last he cleared his throat. "Thanks for seeing me. Think we could, uh... set that splint, now? Or sling or whatever?"

Further talk of her appearance, her primary systems had all but given up making sense of the situation. She didn't even respond verbally, no words seeming appropriate, she nodded, and retrieved what was needed from a drawer, careful in the manner in which she bent to acquire them.

// Halajiin "Hal" Rabeak // _________________ //

// Patient has limited movement in right arm after descent from high location. Potential dislocation, x-rays recommended, possible fractures, muscle or nerve damage. Patient also expresses concern on possible hip injuries or sprain.

Potential audial difficulties. Investigate. //

She deleted the file. This was not a medical event she wanted in her records, the information on the data pad would be filled in, eventually, for the hospital's records, but she would prefer not to recall this experience into future usage.

She held his shoulder in place and applied the splint, carefully wrapping it and bandaging it firmly to keep the shoulder in one position so it could heal. She went to the cabinet afterward, the silence between them starting to grow awkward and she filled a small bottle with a handful of little white pills, holding them toward him.

These should alleviate any lingering pain in your shoulder or hip. Please come see us again next week so we may remove the splint and ascertain the condition of your shoulder.

It was curt, professional and brief. Her left hand hung at her side, right hand proffering the pill bottle.

It had been an honest accident, Hal told himself. He shouldn't have felt that way about a... a droid, right? There was no possibility, there, so why had he...? The situation turned over and over in Hal's mind as he let her mechanically prepare and sling his arm, unable to look her in the eyes. His heart rate was lower, ears drooping, and even his tail was still. She thought he was a heel, or some kind of pervert, he just knew it, and as he took the pill bottle in his left paw, he just nodded, not saying a word, then turned to head to the door.

In the doorframe, though, he stopped, head hanging, before at last he looked up and back to her, none of that cocksure cavalier sparkle left in his eyes. "Matea, I'm... I really am sorry. You're very nice, and... are you doing anything later, this evening? That new hangout spot opened. You like bowling? I'd go easy on you. Promise to play left-pawed."

He tried to force a grin, but it was weak. Still, it was there.

Surely Hal thought she was malfunctioning, or flawed. She was certain of it. Perhaps she was, still it was not conducive to the medical experience to leave off on a sour note and was about to offer apologies for the situation when Hal offered them first. Her oculars widened in surprise by his reaction, then wider as he asked her to a social arrangement.

Her primary systems failed to see the importance of the question, while the data coming through from her secondary system was almost overwhelming.

// WARNING. CRITICAL DAMAGE POTENTIAL. ENERGY - //

It didn't have a chance to finish before, oculars locked on Hal, subsystems trying to find an appropriate response, there was a loud electrical pop from her left hand, and a sharp smell of burning circuitry. Her face distorted in reaction, immediate and none of it coming through her primary systems.

OW!

Ow. A word of physical distress and pain. Her body registered the damage, the left hand's fingers now hanging loose and motionless at her side, servos and motors unresponsive to all inquiry. There was not a reason for a droid to say 'Ow' but her secondary systems had acted before the response could be flagged, monitored examed. It was almost natural.

I, that is to say, this unit -

She grew quiet, neither system responsive in how to approach the situation at hand.

requires maintenance. I am sorry, Hal. Another time?

The pop caused Hal to jolt upright, pink eyes going wide. "Ow?" he questioned, never having heard a droid register pain, before. And painful it indeed looked. Pulling a worried face, he nodded. "Uh, yeah, another time, then..." Swallowing he began to step out of the room, but paused. "I hope you'll be okay. I'm sure Suri can get you right as rain in no time. You, uh, you take care."

Not knowing what more to say, Hal ducked out of the exam room, and hurried out of the hospital.

Woah, dude, we're going to have an awesome story to tell, after this. We can be all, "Hey, remember that one time you got a hardon so amazing it made a droid's hand explode?"

Damn it! Shut up! We're going back to our tent, and I will deal with you there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12