Thread: Ossus Down Time

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Mitch

News Ossus Down Time

Hey, everybody, Tevit Ramastan, here. You've probably seen me around the site on Ossus, working as foreman for the non-Cizerack builds and upgrades. I know things have been really hectic, and life in the complex hasn't been as luxurious as some of you may have been used to, or would like it to be.

Well, good news. I put in for a grant from the Alliance to give you a place for everyone to come, hang out, relax and generally have a good time, and... I got approved. So, we're breaking ground on something I hope you'll all like: a genral hangout spot.

Currently, the designed and planned elements are a general lounge, with an attached bar, as well as a couple cafe stations. We're trying to see if we can get the sandwich guy moved inside to set up shop, and we'll be seeing about some more variety of food from some other pop-up cafe stations. The pool table the construction team use is staying where it is, but I'm seeing about getting another, as well as some dart boards and other entertainment, plus a little something I've been holding out for for a long time:

A bowling alley.

That's right, six lanes of the galaxy's greatest ten-pin sport are coming to Ossus, genuine Nehantite manufacuring, with automatic pin-setters, scoring computers and ball returns.

Not that anyone could want more than that, but, if there's something you'd like to see added to that lot, please let me know in this forum, and I'll see if I can swing the budget and manpower.

Hope you like it; you've put up with all our construction for so long, it's time you got to enjoy yourselves.

Thanks,
    Tevit Ramastan
    Site Foreman

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Mitch
    OOC: This was just a thought. When I wrote this, I didn't know about the Crystal Lounge, and admittedly I hadn't looked at the complex map in a while. The thought was for a general, all-ages hangout spot for Jedi and anyone else on/visiting Ossus. Since we have more padawans showing up, I thought a general hangout would be a good idea.

What are your thoughts on it? Does this sound like a good idea? I recall how many fun threads started in Yog's because it was a known hangout spot, and thought that it'd be fun to bring something like that back. If it doesn't work, I don't mind scrapping the idea, but as Ossus builds up, it just made sense to have something sort of like this.

I think it's a good idea to have an all ages hang out spot. Serena would be VERY cross to find young padawans hanging out at the Crystal Lounge.

there is no passion; there is serenity
    there is no death; there is the Force

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Did I tell you about the time I stole fire from the gods? I couldn't fence it, it was too hot. I really got burned on that deal...

AKA
    Andrew
    I think this is a great idea! Especially since, as far as I know, the Crystal Lounge still doesn't serve food. It's really meant to be a place for the Alliance contractors and soldiers to blow off steam in a non-Jedi environment. Jedi could venture in, but it would be the equivalent of sneaking off from the Temple and finding a seedy dive in the Coruscant undercity. Having a Yog's equivalent would open things up a bit more, and I love the idea of a bowling alley. Let's practice our applied telekinesis!

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    What I love about this is that it continues the trend of the outpost being an ecclectic amalgamation of the different cultures that have come together to make it work. There's something very appealing about the idea of an old fashioned bowling alley popping up on the site - not only is it a contribution of Nehantish culture, but it also is like a slice of classic Americana, too. Can't wait to see this place in action.

Captain Hekimi
    (Digging through older threads)
    I adore this idea.

Sirdi Kōhō
    I want to do something with this.