Thread: possible theholo.net ad [wip]

Request possible theholo.net ad [wip]

[kuu'ai image(also link)]
    getting started | character creation <--these are links

It is ten years after the failed Rebel assault on the second Death Star, a battle that cost both sides dearly. The Rebellion lost many of it's heroes and leaders, and the Empire struggled to recover after the loss of the Emperor. Galactic Civil War continued for years, new heroes taking the place of the old, until a new weapon changed the face of the galaxy. The Alliance's Starkiller missile program, and the Empire's rush to match them, has polarized the galaxy into a cold war. With borders drawn across the stars, an uneasy truce exists between the major factions.

The Jedi have emerged from under the Alliance's protective wing, determined to find independence on the world of Ossus. And yet the Dark side still lurks, offering opportunities for those who wish to grab onto power.

Join us at TheHolo.net and help us shape the future of the galaxy.

there is no passion; there is serenity
    there is no death; there is the Force

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Any thoughts??

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    It feels a bit barebones, but it's not bad. It's direct and to the point, but it might need a little fluffing to appeal to people who might not even be into Starwars or who are but have never written the setting. I'm not sure exactly how to do that off the top of my head. Probably with fancy coding. Links to important areas is a very good idea. That way newbies don't have to search for things. I think our board is pretty readable and easily navigated, but some people can just get lost in the unfamiliar.

I'm sure if we delve into some cool coding we could spruce it up so that the hip young people take interest. Unfortunately any coding of the like would probably look atrocious on here because we use such a wide template and most boards go for a more narrow field look for a more condensed look that allows for sidebars and the like. I'll see if I can manage some coding, if it will even work here.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ok cool

edit: regarding board width, we can have a fixed width board with a collapsible sidebar and I think making a cool "new" pretty style/code/what have you as the default and of course leaving all existing styles in place for people
    who like them is a good idea

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Galactic Civil War continued for years, new heroes taking the place of the old, until a new weapon changed the face of the galaxy.
    This is the only bit that I feel to be 'tacked on'. Perhaps adding a period after 'old', and beginning a new line with the 'Until'. That way it sets apart the reason for our setting, if that makes any sense. No need to rewrite anything.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Probably would have taken over the Galaxy by now, if she wasn't so easily distracted by brightly colored balls of yarn
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Andrew
    Here's the ad form used on http://rpg-directory.com/ for reference, since I didn't know this existed until just now:

Site Name: What is your site called?
    Site Link: This link should lead to the index/portal/home page of your site.
    Software or Format: Jcink, InvisionFree, ProBoards, SMF, LiveJournal, etc.
    Staff Account: Please provide a link to your staff account. All ads must be submitted by an administrator or global moderator of the board. If at any point you step down from your admin or mod position, your ad must be resubmitted by another staff member of your site.
    Location of RPGD Icon: Where is our button located? Our button must be static (i.e. not scrolling) on the index/home page of your site.
    Directory Category: Which forum should your ad go in? If you do not pick one of our existing forums, we reserve the right to place your ad wherever we think it fits best.

Activity: How many new posts a day are there across the board? How many members are active? How often do people usually post?
    Rating: You must post the RPG-Rating of your board. Click here to generate the rating button, and copy and paste the code from the second box (the one that begins with "URL") into this space. If you'd like, you can also post another rating type (Mature, PG-13, etc.) in addition to the RPG-Rating.
    Types of Characters/Creatures Allowed: What types of characters and creatures are allowed on this site? You can remove this field from the form if this is for a non-RPG site.
    Time where the RP is set: What time period is the RP set in? Future, Past, Present, AU? You can remove this field from the form if this is for a non-RPG site.

Plot/Story/Ad: What is your site's plot, story, or ad?
    Other Notes: (Optional) Do you have any other notes about your site you feel people should know?
    Contact Details: (Optional) How can interested people reach you?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, that's specific to that particular board. If you look at the ad forums on other RP sites they're similar to what I posted.