Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Force Awakens Trailer

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wa...e-theater-list

The first teaser trailer is on its way. Too bad I'm not in the neighborhood of any of those locations, otherwise I might be tempted. But it sounds like it won't be much longer before it's out in other locations - and of course, it'll be online.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star...ds-this-friday

It will now also be released online on Friday.

Can't wait.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

First glimpse of the Millennium Falcon in flght in years =

EDIT: CMJ beat me to it while I was searching for an old embed code template. So now you've got two ways to look at it!

I beat you by three minutes Rutabaga. Heheh

I hate it when YouTube videos don't offer an old embed code option. But I'm kinda proud of myself that I found the template online and got the darn thing to embed, woohoo!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Don't like the lightsaber design (making it look like rippling plasma fire? Seriously?). Seeing the Falcon dogfight with some TIE Fighters is cool. New X-Wing design seems okay.
    The shaky cam shots of the Stormtrooper dropship bother me. If all of the action sequences are like that, I'm going to get a headache watching this in the theatre.

What little are shown of the new characters seems promising. Now another 6 months until we get a real trailer.

Everything certainly looks good, and looks Star Warsy. I like the slightly sleeker Stormtrooper armour. I like the little red glowy bits on the blasters. The Falcon looks sexy as hell. I like the new X-Wing (not sure about the helmet though), the boxy speeder bike, the roly-poly astromech; it all looks grubby and worn and the way that Star Wars is supposed to. I can forgive a little shaky cam if it's part of living up to "only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise", because it's about bloody time, Lucasfilm.

I really hope the hilt of that lightsaber is made out of cortosis or something, though. Those little cross guards seem like they'd just get sliced off.
    Last edited by Captain Untouchable; Nov 28th, 2014 at 11:37:30 AM.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

I'm going to believe that's Benedict Cumberbatch until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Droo View Post
    I'm going to believe that's Benedict Cumberbatch until proven otherwise.
    I thought it sounded like him - but I read that it was Andy Serkis.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

In that case, Andy Serkis does a terrific impression of Benedict Cumberbatch. He does have a way with voices, that one.

Other thoughts: I love the way the Stormtroopers look. The design of their armour and the lighting make them seem very intimidating. The shot of the new X-Wings soaring over the water was so sexy. And personally, I love the new lightsaber design - there's something unrefined and archaic about it, with the crackling blade and the cross-guard, respectively. It seems like a fitting weapon for a Dark-Sider, especially if it is used in contrast to the traditional lightsaber for the good guys.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I am super stoked for the new movie after seeing this trailer, even more so than for any of the prequels save for maybe the 'Rise' trailer as that gave me chills.

A few people I know are already a little put off by the lightsaber with guards but to be honest it's not like stranger forms of saber haven't been thought up before. All the new models look great and it definitely feels like an appropriate amount of technical advancement went into the designs considering the jump in time. It'll be interesting to see what other goodies the Empire has cooked up.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Figrin D'an View Post
    Don't like the lightsaber design (making it look like rippling plasma fire? Seriously?).
    Actually, that's what has sold me on the design. It looks like a real sabre chock full of super heated plasma death instead of something added in post. And is that Gwendoline Christie's character???? Holy shit I will lose it if it is, she would be a badass Sith!.

The thing I really take away tho is the insane detail everywhere. The flying craft are interacting with the enviroment in ways you would expect, the details on the Falcon are insane, it just doesnt look like CG and more like a universe that exists. Even the sabre's reflected glow on the glove. It honestly looks like something to line up and watch.

The environmental effects struck me, too, Mark, especially after three movies full of soap opera cinematography against green screens. The prequels had plenty of creative environments, but with few exceptions they were nothing but backdrops. We'd see a big panorama, possibly with a character looking at it from a balcony, and then we'd cut inside to a bland, sterile set, where we'd see two characters walking slowly as they discuss the plot in monotone voices. It didn't matter if they were walking through the Jedi Temple, a bustling hangar, a Tatooine slum, or a battlefield on the front lines of the Clone Wars, because it would be shot like a high school play.

Whatever else he's doing, JJ Abrams is breaking that mold. There's nothing in that trailer that's unlike anything we've seen before - those shots of the Stormtroopers landing could be from any military action movie, the cloaked figure in the snowy forest has a distinct LotR vibe, and the Falcon's aerobatics reminded me of his work in Star Trek Into Darkness. But there's a clear effort to separate this movie from the blandness of its predecessors.

I

L
    O
    V
    E

I
    T
    !

*squeeeeeeeee*

*bamf*

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    ^^ I really should check who I'm signed in as before I post, lol!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

There has been an 'awakening'. I agree with Dragon on all points. I'm so glad we're past the 'everything is a green screen' phase for star wars movies. I really enjoyed seeing the falcon again too.

Woah, that trailer gave me goosebumps. I was originally a bit indifferent when they announced the sequels but I'm so stoked for these new films now.

EDIT: oh wow - the trailer thread on TFN has already hit over a 1000 posts.
    Last edited by Atreyu; Nov 28th, 2014 at 10:36:43 PM.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEE EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I've settled down a bit. It's a teaser so I was prepared to be a bit disappointed by them not being in the trailer, but the shot of the Falcon will have to do for now. I think the Falcon looks great and I'm excited about shots that have some movement to them. I expect the first full trailer will give me shots of the characters I first saw when I was 6 and all will be right with the world.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast