Alecto Mordane is the not-at-all-transparently-evil court wizard currently serving Jarl Siddgeir of Falkreath, a hold that's pretty accustomed to corruption and malfeasance in its upper ranks. I created him with the plan of developing him into a sort of Disk 1 boss for our Skyrim RP. In gameplay terms, he's significantly higher level than any of the characters starting out right now, but that's okay, because you're not supposed to be fighting him yet.

Instead, what I want to do for now is to use him as a quest-giver for the various adventurers we have running around the realm of Skyrim. All of the quests he distributes will advance his evil schemes in some clandestine way. Some will include the opportunity for genuine heroics by the more idealistic characters among us. Others will be transparent acts of subterfuge, theft, and assassination more appropriate for scoundrels, mercenaries, and killers for hire. We can assume that Alecto knows which category you fit and is careful not to tip his hand by offending your moral sensibilities. My plan is to build connections between him and a variety of characters so that eventually, when his evil plans are revealed and are about to come to fruition, a motley band of characters can go after him in his lair and take him down together, after which he will be Killed Off For Real.

I plan to use this thread to describe the quests he's offering. Any one of them could be tackled solo or by a small group. If you're interested, post here, and we can discuss it, or you can hit me up via PM or via AIM (RIS Sparverius). All grid locations are referenced from this map of Skyrim.

Eliminating the Competition
A Master Necromancer has taken up residence in Brittleshin Pass (E6/F6) with a cadre of skeletal minions. Divines only know what foul purposes he has for the people of Falkreath Hold. Do not underestimate this deadly foe. Destroy him and his undead bodyguards, and bring me his soul gems and his notes so I can learn what he was planning. He may have some enchanted items in the locked chest in his lair; these you are welcome to keep for yourself.

Milking the Giant Spider
Cronvangr Cave (J5) has been infested with frostbite spiders. Poor luck for the Eastmarch, but I don't intend to waste your life trying to clear the vermin out. What I need is a sample of venom from one of the queens so I can develop an antidote. How you go about getting it is up to you.

Don't Wake the Giant
I have heard that deep in Shimmermist Cave (H4) there sleeps an ancient Dwemer construct of incredible size and power. I wish to learn more about the enchantments that bind it together. Take this soul gem - it is specially treated to absorb some of the essence of nearby enchantments. Hold it against the metal orb in the center of the construct's chest until the gem glows white all the way through, and then return it to me. But do be careful not to wake the creature. If you do, frankly I don't think you'll survive.

More (possibly) to come later! If you have any other ideas, run them by me!