Thread: NFL Pick Em - Superbowl

Kyran O'Hurn

NFL Pick Em - Superbowl

Work has been crazy so just getting to this before I don't get to it. Sorry for the late posting. Though not sure it will change the standings much if at all.

Anyway, for the big game...

SEA vs. DEN

Anyone can add some prop bets if they want.

I'll try to get the summary of the standings done sometime this weekend, but might be working all weekend so not sure if I'll get to them.

DEN please

I'll be contrarian and say...

SEA 27, IND 24

Peyton Manning: 27/38, 294 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs
    Russell Wilson: 16/22, 210 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

DEN rushing: 105 yards, 0 TDs, 2 lost fumbles
    SEA rushing: 154 yards, 2 TDs

MVP: Marshawn Lynch

Seattle D: 2 sacks
    Denver D: 5 sacks

I got the point total right!

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Well then. Although I picked a Seattle win, I didn't quite see that coming.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    That was a terrible game and I can't believe that the Broncos choked so completely. The worst part is that Seahawks fans are going to be even more insufferable than ever.

oh what a tangled web I weave

I sure didn't see that coming. Seattle's defense was amazing, also actually the real SB happened in the NFC title game. Those were the best two teams in the NFL.

It's hard to question that at this point. To be fair, I don't think you can say the Seahawks got the Broncos' best effort, but that's because the Seahawks ripped the heart out of their team, threw it to the turf, and stomped on it while they watched. This was domination and annihilation on a scale we haven't seen at the championship level since Bears-Patriots '85. As much as the game was a farce, it was a thing of beauty to see a defense fly to the football with such power and authority. The 49ers had a fantastic team this year, with a fierce, physical defense and some eye-popping talents on offense. But I don't recall them squaring off against a playoff team and systematically removing their will to live as the Seahawks did against the Broncos, and against the Saints earlier this year, and even against the 49ers in Seattle. We've seen this monster growing over the past three years, and when every player is as focused and prepared as they were tonight, it's a scary thing to behold.

Mara Tallen
    I will quite happily admit that while I didn't see it coming, I sort of hoped for it (don't judge me...I delighted in the misery of Manning but most especially Welker). It was delightfully glorious, and I'm just glad the Patriots weren't on the receiving end of it, frankly. I lived through '85...once was enough, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    That was a terrible game and I can't believe that the Broncos choked so completely. The worst part is that Seahawks fans are going to be even more insufferable than ever.
    Agreed. I did something I don't usually do...I actually turned the game off after the kickoff return that opened the second half.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I watched the whole thing.

First full football game I've ever watched and actually understood what was going on.

So that's something at least!

Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Agreed. I did something I don't usually do...I actually turned the game off after the kickoff return that opened the second half.
    We turned it off in the middle of the third quarter.

edit: whoops who am I signed in as, this is De'ville

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

It's amusing how, in this age of $20 million/yr quarterbacks and high octane passing offenses, the two best teams in league (maybe even three best teams if you include Carolina) were built on smash-mouth running attacks, physically brutal defense and keeping the game plan relatively simple for their young but talented QBs. What's old is new again, just with a different wrinkle or two.