Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrow & The Tomorrow People (Wed on the CW)

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

TV Arrow & The Tomorrow People (Wed on the CW)

These tv shows start today! Mark your calendars, clear your DVRs, pop your popcorn and prepare yourselves! It's Amellsday!

I really can't wait for the fallout of the Arrow season 1 finale, which was pretty massive. And I'm intrigued by The Tomorrow People but have never seen the original show/s.

Spoilers for this season stuff only, Arrow Season 1 doesn't need to be tagged. So if you haven't seen s1, go watch it and come back.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Billy O'Neill
    I may or may not be awake at 01:30 so that I'll have the chance to watch Arrow before going to my sisters for a few days.

I am not obsessed with Green Arrow.

Honest.

So it's a little more than halfway through the first episode of The Tomorrow People, and I'm not impressed.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Tom Harriman's Avatar
    I would offer my thoughts on Arrow, but right now my excitement means I can only communicate in frequencies audible to dogs.

Thatwastotallywicked!

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Arrow was awesome!

TTP was pretty good, I thought. For now it remains on the DVR.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Arrow had one amazing name drop last episode.

Ra's Al Gul! I'm sure I'm spelling it wrong. Can't wait for Barrowman to crawl out of the Lazarus Pit. :swoon

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Arrow had one amazing name drop last episode.

Ra's Al Gul! I'm sure I'm spelling it wrong. Can't wait for Barrowman to crawl out of the Lazarus Pit. :swoon
    I don't watch Arrow but...

John Barrowman is playing Ra's Al Ghul?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

No, no, he plays Malcom Merlyn, a contemporary of Oliver's parents and father of Tommy Merlyn, Ollie's best friend. Last season he triggered an earthquake device to destroy the Glades, and actually pulled it off, though Oliver seemed to have killed him. He dropped some hints that he found himself (after the death of this wife) in a place associated with the League of Shadows, and was a highly skilled archer as well. Now Black Canary has shown up and a guy appeared in the same get up that Merlyn wore, telling her that Ra's wanted her to do something. She said she wasn't interested and murdered the messenger.

basically it was like HOLY SHIT

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I just started watching Arrow... four episodes in now. It's better than I thought it would be

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It gets better, too.

Last episode I thought the acting was really good. Got me right in the heartstrings and pulled hard.

Morgan Jones
    The lore/mythos in Season 2 is phenomenal as well. Season 1 kinda eased you in gently, and didn't kick into mythos gear until after Episode 9 (the Christmas finale), but this year has it right from day one and holy hell.

Also, Holly... is it just me, or are you kinda hoping Oliver and Felicity will get together too? Because they are freakin' adorable lately.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I'm onto episode 10 of season 1 now. I think I can burn through the rest of the season by the end of this weekend

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

As you should.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Up to 1x15 now, I'm super intrigued by what is going on with the island...

also Roy Harper?

EDIT: 1x16 he bought her a canary

*shriek* Alex Kingston
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Nov 10th, 2013 at 12:57:24 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Just watched last nights episode and now I'm all up to date

The [renuion between Sarah and her father] was so sad. I am really interested to see how her story runs parallel to Oliver's on/around the island, and seeing more of the League!

So, we've got [Amanda Waller] using her [Secret Six] alias; Diggle formerly [married to a character based on Harbinger]; Oliver calling in favours from [KGBeast] and [sleeping with someone his father had an affair with in the comics], and now apparently [HIVE wanted Diggle's brother dead?!]

I love the fact that they keep showing little news clips of people protecting the particle accelerator too, all crackpot Large Hadron Collider style. I am guessing that [the particle accelerator is going to factor into the origin story for the Flash later on this season]?

Oh, and [the "miracle" thing Ivo was talking about the Japanese developing sounds a lot like "Miraclo", the drug that gave the original Hourman his 60-minute superpowers. Since an Hourman series is in development at the minute, I wonder if that's connected somehow?]

Incidentally, if you have not started following Stephen Amell on Facebook, you really should. Dude is really cool, does buttloads of vlogs, Q&As, behind the scenes photos and stuff... and given the amount of stuff he's learned to do for this part he's basically a name change, criminal record, and family business away from being Oliver Queen in real life.

I may or may not have a tiny man-crush.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

Well, that was a whole buttload of curveballs.

Am I right in remembering that [Slade Wilson has some sort of faster-than-usual healing ability in the comics, as a result of some sort of medical experimentation stuff? I'm starting to wonder if that's what the Japanese sub / Miracle thing is around. Are they setting that up to be the Arrowverse equivalent of Captain America's supersoldier serum maybe?]

Can't say I'm surprised [to find out that Thea isn't Robert Queen's daughter: the hair colour always bugged me a little bit. I think we should probably all take a minute to be extremely grateful that Tommy Merlyn is too much of a nice guy to sleep with a friend's little sister. You're more like my little sister, indeed!]

I am surprised that [Malcolm Merlyn is back, though. He pretty heavily implied that he'd faked his death, but with Ra's al-Ghul and the possibility of healing power shizzle wizzle now in play, who knows? And if Malcolm isn't dead, who else might not be? Did Daddy Merlyn dip his son in a Lazarus Pit? Is Count Vertigo going to join Bronze Tiger and the also-once-thought-to-be-dead Deadshot in the Suicide Squad the Producers have been teasing that we're going to get?]

Also, after this episode and last... [if Oliver and Felicity don't end up together after all these ship feels, there is a high probability that I will rage-quit the planet.]

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Regarding Ollie and Felicity, I feel like he's a sweet guy to her but the crush is all on her side. Basically, this is the writers pandering to tumblr fans. He basically said a few episodes back that he didn't want to sleep with anyone he might be able to develop actual feelings for while staring meaningfully at Felicity, which means to me that he recognizes the possibility is there and he doesn't want to hurt her (or himself).

what I'm saying is I think you should be ready to rage quit then.

Great episode last night!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Good episode - lots going on, a few unexpected twists!

With regards to Slade [yep, he has the healing factor in the comics! I am so intrigued about what could be on that sub, and I guess some kind of miracle cure would be one logical interpretation of something that could save mankind (..or whatever she said it would do!)]

But damn, [Felicity, that was a dumb move, going to the Count's truck I'm not sure whether I am happy that it would be in that characters nature to do something like that? I feel like she's smarter than that, to put herself in that kind of danger. Her being kidnapped felt a little contrived to me.]

I'm personally hoping that there is no relationship which develops between Ollie and Felicity. I'm hoping that he and Laurel will get it together, eventually

Also! [Brother Blood! I like his mask. Am I reading the show right in thinking that he has an inkling about who the Arrow really is, from his line about sending the Count to kill the Arrow, or...?]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast