TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

Movies Ant Man (2015)

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/09/0...n-summer-2015/

The Ant Man movie will be released in July 2015, just 2 months after Avengers: Age of Ultron

No news yet on who will be playing Hank Pym

There was a rumour that they were talking to Ewan McGregor's people about it.

Which I really hope is true, because the idea of Ewan McGregor and Robert Downey Jr having a snark-off is
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

There had also been a rumor about Simon Pegg, since he collaborates with Edgar Wright so much, but that's been shot down. Unfortunately.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    It's a pipe dream, but I'd love to see Alan Tudyk as Hank Pym.

I just re-read the recent(ish) Age of Ultron story-arc and something about him in those books just made me think.. yeah, Tudyk.

If anyone hasn't seen it, there is a short clip of Ant Man test footage available, which was originally shown at SDCC:

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Paul Rudd and Joseph Gordon Levitt are apparently in talks to take the part of Ant Man: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/1...t-rudd-murray/

Strange pair, since they're not too alike in age, looks or the types of roles that they normally go for.

If they go with Joseph Gordon Levitt (which everyone in Hollywood seems to want to do these days), I really hope it's because they're planning to do Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym. I just can't imagine anyone with JGL's youth being able to have the kind of dynamic (in the long term) with Tony Stark that's needed for this: Tony needs to be able to argue with Hank like a peer, not turn around and say "Shut up, kid" and be done with it.

Hell, if they did JGL as Scott Lang, they could totally bring in Nathan Fillion as Hank Pym, and do him as a mentor / inventor type character. If Cobie Smulders can manage to film Maria Hill scenes between HIMYM, I'm sure Nathan could manage a few Hank scenes for his buddy Joss... and Nathan Fillion could probably pull off some of the "not so great but still borderline likeable" aspects of Hank, given his fan popularity.

That said, so could Alan Tudyk, because that man is capable of acting just about anything.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    JGL is great but I think you're right, he's an odd fit for Hank. Scott Lang would be interesting and unexpected, but in a good way.

IIRC they're working on the Fantastic Four reboot at the minute, so having Lang available - longer term - to do crossovers with the Fantastic Four would make a lot of sense.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Tom Harriman's Avatar
    Fantastic Four reboot is being worked on by Sony (I think?), though - that'll tie in with Amazing Spider-Man, not with the Avengers universe.

They let the Daredevil rights so they could keep their claws on the Four for a little longer.

JGL is denying the Ant-Man rumours. In other news, apparently Rashida Jones is in talks to play Wasp.

I have no idea who Rashida Jones is... but I'm too busy OMGWASP! flailing to ask google and find out.

Wasp is the best, you guys.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    If you've ever seen any Parks and Recreation, Rashida Jones is in that. I haven't seen her in anything else so I have no idea whatsoever what her acting chops are like!

But she's very pretty

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Hank Pym has been cast!

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/1...arvels_ant-man

Article also confirms that Paul Rudd is playing Scott Lang (...I'm not sure if we had an official source on that previously??)

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    That's actually really impressive that they got Michael Douglas, to me anyway.

oh what a tangled web I weave

It's a shame that it's not Nathan Fillion (who wouldn't want to see Nathan Fillion and Robert Downey Jr get into scientist bitch arguments?)... but I like the idea of an older Hank Pym who isn't the focal hero. The majority of what makes Hank interesting is the whole making amends for the bad shit he's been responsible in the past... Michael Douglas being some old geezer making amends for being a lousy husband (and possibly having had a hand in Ultron?) seems like a thing that would work.

What'll be interesting now is seeing how they do Wasp. Will they go young to make her contemporary with Scott, or will they go with an older actress to match with Hank? I read that RDJ wants Jodie Foster to have a part in the Marvel stuff... could see her as an older Janet, with a little hair dye...

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    That sucks balls. I had such high hopes with Edgar Wright onboard.

Edgar Wright would have been great for a stand alone movie, but from what I read elsewhere there were tweaks needed to make Ant-Man "compatible" with potential TV/Netflix crossover stuff (Scott Lang was never an Avenger but was a Defender / Heroes For Hire / etc) and Wright wasn't comfortable with the adjustments Marvel wanted/needed.

Not surprising really: Avengers was on the drawing board when Wright started, TV wasn't a consideration, and original Netflix content hadn't even been drempt up yet. This isn't the scenario Wright was hired for, and he's not necessarily the right fit any more - I imagine that a lot of movie directors aren't used to having to fit in with a franchise/series, it's more like TV directing than movie directing in a lot of ways.

there is no passion; there is serenity
    there is no death; there is the Force