Santiago Fernandez leaned on the dilapidated three foot chain link fence that partially lined the front yard while his wife, Teresa, took a photograph of him. "Mi novia, please..." The fence started to give under his weight, and he stumbled before he was able to slow the fence in time using his ability.

A giggle behind him made him turn around, and he saw Anna, his daughter, on the front porch. "Papa, try not to break everything! I just bought the place."

He sniffed, gesturing at the three story house. "I do not know that you would be able to tell if I did break everything - oof!" Teresa passed by him, seemingly oblivious to the bump she'd just given him, and put her arm around Anna where they met on the lawn. Together they faced the patriarch of the Fernandez family.

"Santiago, por favor, que es su sueño." She squeezed Anna's shoulder, the young woman's excitement infectious.

"As long as Alonso is going to make sure the repairs are done. I saw the inspection!" He pushed off of the fence and then returned it to normal speed, giving it a shove back into place. He had the ability to affect an object's placement in time - speeding it up or slowing it down - with the caveat that such an object became effectively invulnerable. That was, at least, he had yet to find something that could tear a piece of slowed down paper, and when he was young he had fast-timed himself into the side of a tree and knocked it over. The mistakes of the young. He turned and watched Anna pull the For Sale sign out of the front yard next to him while his wife took more pictures.

"Come here, Papa!" Anna put out her hand to him and he walked over, putting his arm around her and smiling at her while she held the dislodged sign and Teresa clicked away. She was so grown up, this girl of his, and there was nothing he could do to slow that down. He kissed her hair, his eyes suddenly misty.