Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayBall - 05 Season & Sox vs Yanks

jjwr

PlayBall - 05 Season & Sox vs Yanks

Yup its that time again! It hardly seems like it was 5 months ago that we were watching JedieB meltdown in that Chatroom as Damon chopped down the mighty Yankee's in Game 7.

Good game so far in the 2nd Inning, Wells looks a little Shaky and the Sox are getting to Johnson early.

A player for the Devil Rays was caught by the Steroids Program! First player, he is denying it though and saying it was a over the counter item he bought. As the first player caught and the first challenge to the system it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

I was gonna start a general MLB thread as well. Honestly I don't expect either the Yanks/or Red Sox to win this year, but this is still the best rivalry in baseball.

I am hoping for the Cubs so they can get the monkey off their back now.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

oh joy... just what I always wanted... another 7 months of "Yanks vs. Sawks"

go Cubbies

Originally posted by Figrin D'an
    oh joy... just what I always wanted... another 7 months of "Yanks vs. Sawks"

Okay Wilbon.

jjwr
    I'm not banking on either the Sox or Yanks this year either, while both look great and should make the playoffs both teams have aging or questable rotations that have to be counted on for a long time which I don't think they can.

Johnson looked good tonight, course he alwasy looks good when he plays, the question is at his age can he last the whole season?

JMK
    Well looking back to last night's game - the Yankees made big plays, the Sox didn't.

I was thinking it was going to be great to finally talk about baseball, but then - a positive steroid test! The first catch of the year, let's see who else they catch. Sanchez' excuse was so pathetic, I guess we're going to get denials from everyone this year.

jjwr
    Of course there are going to be denials, him being the first one caught is going to be a huge black mark against him.

I ended up missing most of the game last night due to flooding in my basement...yay!

From what I heard the Sox played awefull defense and the Yanks were able to hit off Wells.

In the grane scheme of things this game means little to nothing. Yankee's are too good to lose the Division with the weak schedule and the Sox are too good not to get the Wild Card against same weak schedule.

Speaking of the Schedule...I don't get it, why hasn't MLB gone with a more balanced schedule and pitted the top teams against tougher competition rather than the Yanks/Sox feasting on the Devil Rays for so many games each year?

JMK
    I'd say Sanchez is done in MLB. I'm sure the D-Rays will chop him soon after he's off the suspension list and no one will want him after that.
    How predictable was it that a fringe player would be the first guy nabbed? It's not a star, barely any noise will be made over the suspension of this guy, and MLB gets to show the world that their policy works.

Ka' el Darcverse
    To hell with the Cubs. I've got a bet with some of my Chicago friends that it will be 100 yrs before the Cubbies pull that monkey off their back and I don't feel like wearing Cub boxers for an entire year if they pull it off before then.

JMK
    38 minor leaguers were caught yesterday, one guy for the third time. How stupid are these people?

jjwr
    Oddly enough the Minor Leagues has a much tougher policy than the ML ever had.

JMK
    Rivera blows another save!

Captain Varitek ties it up in the top of the 9th with a solo shot!

Captain Jeter wins is with a homer in the bottom of the 9th! Great stuff!

Revenge, one game at a time. :evil

Man, I've been so busy with work and ROTS merchandise that I haven't been keeping track of these first few games (although I did watch the Sunday night game.) It was great to see Tino back in uniform. He got one of the biggest ovations of the night and the crowd went nuts when he made that great grab at first. Good stuff.

Year two thousand.....

But I doubt I'll have to listen to that chant until 2086.

jjwr
    The great thing is you never know!

The division is already the Yankee's. With the team George bought barring a incredible rash of injuries or massive collapse its highly unlikely the Sox would take the division. Besides we all know how well they can do in the Wild Card Spot!

Originally posted by Jedieb
    But I doubt I'll have to listen to that chant until 2086.
    Even if that's true you're gonna get sick of it this year, I guarantee.

But I don't think the Yanks or Sox will win this year in all honesty. I have the Angels as my AL Champ.

JMK
    It's hard to count out the Yanks and Sox, but the way they're built I can't see them winning it all this year. They're too old, and IMO the Sox just aren't good enough this year.

I like the Angels to win the AL, but their starting 5 worries me a little. I think the Twins are going to have a great year and could be there with Anaheim in the end.

Man....Sox go into the 9th down 1 and we push four across on Rivera AGAIN. Are we in his head? This is the sandman for crying out loud.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast