Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason moves and more

I am hoping KC gets either Rolle (who will be cut by the Titans according to ESPN) Ty Law, or trade for Patrick Surtain (ESPN claims he will be traded). Those are probably 3 of the best cb's in the NFL if they could get one of them that will really help to fix their defense.

I think Bledsoe may end up in Dallas. Yeah, that would set back Henson a year or two, but I'd rather have Bledsoe than Vinny again. I bet Parcells would love to have him. The question is whether Jones will let Bill have his way.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

From what I've seen of Jones, he'll let Bill do whatever he wants to do. I think Miami is going to purge its defense to spend more on offense.

JMK
    Miami is going to try and achieve more of a balance. They may have to get rid of a CB like Surtain if they aren't able to draft a RB and have to pick up Edgerrin James or Shawn Alexander.

That is why they are shopping Surtain around. What do you think it will take to get Surtain, JMK? I would put a 2nd and 4th rounder for him, myself. I would like them to just give up a second but I figure this is their last chance with this group so might as well just give what it takes.

JMK
    If you're offering a 2nd and 4th rounder, then I'm all over that offer. He costs 8.3 million against the cap, and even though he's one of top 10 CB's in the NFL I'd move him in a second. Sam Madison could go as well, meaning the Dolphins will lose 2 terrific CB's in one offseason. That's tough to swallow but I'm sure Saban has a good plan for the team.

yeah 2nd and 4th would be fine with me, I sure could live with it. I know the Colts are interested too, I guess it will depend on which team makes the better offer.

jjwr
    Good thing about Saban is he's cut from the Belechick mold, he doesn't need players like that to have a effective defense, rather more of a scheme based defense.

As much as I like Ty Law I really hope he either gets restructured and comes back really cheap or the Pats trade him. He's not worth 12 Million that he's due this year. Considering what the team did without him I don't see how he can try and justify that high of a salary.

They might cut him. Have you seen all the cuts the Titans are going to have to make? Kevin Carter, Rolle, Mason and maybe even Mcnair if he doesn't take a pay cut. Man they aren't going to be the same team next year heck I think they will be one of the worse teams in the AFC.

jjwr
    Titans are definetly taking it rough, like the 49ers and Cowboys before them they are paying for their cap problems. As teams move forward you should see more and more do it like the Pats & Eagles. Competitive year in and year out by managing it and not breaking it.

jjwr
    And Bledsoe is going to the Cowboys. As a Bledsoe fan I will now have to start checking out the Cowboys games when they are on. With Glenn & Keyshawn he will have decent recievers to throw too. Keyshawn could put up a large # of catches this year. He will be Bledsoe's safety blanket. If Jones runs like he did last year and they improve their line a bit in a weak NFC this is a very possible Wild Card Team.

JMK
    Well that Cowboys O-Line had better be prepared because if Keyshawn is to pull in a significant # of catches...they're going to have to give the slow-footed Bledsoe plenty of time so that he can find the not-as-fast as he used to be Meshawn.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Rumors say Randy Moss to Oakland for Napoleon Harris and a #1. Seems like Oakland is definately getting the better of the deal.

I don't know about that, they will still be down in last place winning 4-7 games. They have no running game their QB sucks and their defense is the worst in the NFL. Honestly the deal makes no sense for them. It shows Al Davis is off his rocker.

jjwr
    Actually they won't be as bad as people are thinking. As the year went on Collins started to get a feel for the offense and he is still a quality QB. With Porter resigned and now Moss with the decent young TE they have they will pack a very scary group of receivers and a QB who can get it to them.

Lack of a running game could hurt them but with a few possible stud's in the draft they could nail that one too.

Miami released Jay Fiedler finally!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. The Raiders just need to be more proactive in their hunt.

JMK
    Originally posted by jjwr
    Actually they won't be as bad as people are thinking. As the year went on Collins started to get a feel for the offense and he is still a quality QB. With Porter resigned and now Moss with the decent young TE they have they will pack a very scary group of receivers and a QB who can get it to them.

Lack of a running game could hurt them but with a few possible stud's in the draft they could nail that one too.

Miami released Jay Fiedler finally!
    What other team says 'Randy Moss' like the Raiders do? How fitting that he finds himself there.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that the Dolphins had released Fiedler! I thought he would be a guy that would someone be able to hang around for an entire career somehow.

Collins still sucks he has thrown more interceptions than Tds in his career he is a very poor QB IMO. And Running backs aren't that easy to get especially since the Raiders are content with who they have currently. Also there defense is horrible, it was dead last in the NFL last year and it is going to get worse since they gave up their best defensive player to the Vikings, they are going to have to cut their best corner Buchanon (I think he is better than Woodson honestly) and they won't be able to sign anybody because of their cap problems. They are going to lose a lot of games in the 30's is what it means and they will still finish dead last in the AFC West.

JMK
    Say...you wouldn't happen to be a Chiefs fan, now would you JMC???

The Vikings may come out ahead. I think they got a 1st round pick out of the deal, freed up alot of cap room, and got a decent player in return. Their offensive MVP wasn't Moss anymore, it was Culpepper. Moss just wasn't worth the headache anymore. Now the Raiders have Sapp and Moss in the same locker room. That team could be a quote machine next year.

With Bledsoe, the Cowboys may be able to make it back to the playoffs. I keep hearing rumblings from Dallas that players are starting to get tired of Parcells and his act. If the Cowboys don't make the playoffs next year, Parcells will definitely call it quits.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast