Han swollowed again, but his throat was dry and it seemed to do nothing. He had never been one for words. He hardly ever spoke, if at all. Since he came here, though, he was having to do a lot more talking then he was comfortable doing. And how to explain this was another issue all together. He didn't have a good reason. He wasn't even sure all that he did. He could not fully know what the girl and the beast saw. He only knew what he tried to do.

"Uh....well....I was...as it were...playing around."

He thought that might be enough, since it was the truth and it was his explaination. But Raz did not respond, just glared back. The silence went on for only a moment, as it made Han feel as if he was needed to fill that silence.

"I...uh...played a trick, you see? To...uh...s-s-scare...scare the girl and the....that thing...animal she was with. But it didn't work...not the way I thought. I-I-I didn't know....that she....your daughter I mean."

His stammering was do to him talking to much. He had said more at this one moment then he has for many years. He felt as if he was going to start walking away do to this fact. But he could not turn his sight away from her gaze. It help him in place better then any restrants ever could.