Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to KOTOR II!

Sarr Koon
    The lightside ending isn't any better. Nar Shaddaa was my favorite planet. That's weird that you hate it.

It sucks I have to wait two months for this. I wish I could have it now. Oh Well I guess I can wait.

JediBoricua
    I'm really enjoying the game. I've played over 35 hrs and still have two planets left.

I must say the story is not as strong as it was in KOTOR I. They shouldn't have made it so close to the first game because the story feels patched up so it can fit how you played the previous game.

But the gameplay is a lot better. Specially the fact that you can level up much faster without a celing, I'm already at level 23 with Korriban and Dantooine left.

I'm playing it light side, Consular/Master with a high CHA so I can use dark side powers without penalty. I have a killer Force Storm, and so far I haven't run out of force points during combat.

I already turned Mira into a Jedi, and I think the Handmaiden can be teached also, but I can't seem to trigger it, anyone know how?

Cyrel Annat
    In order to trigger the Handmaiden, you must defeat her in training combat on the ship. Just talk to her on the Ebon Hawk and ask her to teach you fighting techniques. Defeat her three times and she says there's nothing more to teach her.

Talk to her again after you've put your armor back on, and ask her to wear less revealing clothing. She puts on old Jedi robes that were her mother's. Talk to her a bit and then talk to Kreia. Blahblahblah, she shows interest in this and then you talk to the Handmaiden again and take it from there. This should work.

JediBoricua
    Cool.

I've already defeated her and spoked about the clothes but never got that option, I'll try again tonight.

I think I can also train the Zabrak, whatever his name is.

imported_Grev Drasen
    Bao-Dur, and yeah I just converted him. Now I just need Atton to give in.

Sarr Koon
    I thought I took my sweet time and I beat it in 35 hours. I'm going through now as Light Side Guardian/Master. It's fun being godd.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    It took me quite a few tries to be good on KOTOR 1. I start out with the best intentions, then usually pick up a good number of dark side points, then briefly try my hand at a few good deeds, before ultimately being consumed by evil (though I did manage to play through once and get the 'good' ending)

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Well I've preordered KOTOR 2. Just a matter of waiting now

Master Yoghurt
    KOTOR was a great game, but for no particular reason I lost interest some way through. I have yet to play it through.

I thought it was great. I thought the ending was the worse thing that could have happened to it. And, personally, I think it goes on for far to long. Like you said Yog, if your not really into it, it can make you lose interest. I want to play it again, this time on the other side of the Force, but I dont know if I can sit through another game like that, already knowing all that I do.

Sarr Koon
    Originally posted by Rognan Dar
    I thought it was great. I thought the ending was the worse thing that could have happened to it. And, personally, I think it goes on for far to long. Like you said Yog, if your not really into it, it can make you lose interest. I want to play it again, this time on the other side of the Force, but I dont know if I can sit through another game like that, already knowing all that I do.
    You said it man. The ending was a real stinker and i was very disappointed.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    but I dont know if I can sit through another game like that, already knowing all that I do.
    I had that problem with the original KOTOR (and Neverwinter Nights, even more so). I think you just have to put the game down for a couple of months, play something else, then try coming back to it.

Draken Lasoxx
    The game was excellent in my views. I conquered the game in about 31 hours going fully to the light side. Becoming a master at the lightsaber. Then once i was threw, I decided to kill everyone who got in my way through the game. Becoming a Sith Lord, it became all to easy nearly killing everyone in sight with the advanced lightning attack...what was it called?? Like Thunder something. I just know it attacks everyone in a 10 m distance and it did a lot of damage. For the ending, i would say it was a let down, but it did leave a big opening for a KOTOR III. Your travels to find Revan. Possibly out there trying to fight battles alone. Just me putting two and two together, but I believe it would be a great idea for the third game.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Draken... yeah, that's what I did on KOTOR1. I was so good until very close to the end, and then I just said to hell with it, I am going to put this lightsaber to good use

My copy of KOTOR2 was due to arrive today, but I think all the Valentines Day post is probably slowing the postman down *shakes fist*

EDIT: AH HA! VICTORY IS MINE! Installing now

imported_QuiGonJ
    I got it last Thursday, and I've gotten to 12th level playing only Telos and Dantooine (halfway throughthe Jedi Academy ruins). Not hating it, but some things feel too much on a rail, where you have to do X Y or Z no matter what you do.

I am at that point too. Well that I guess is the thing with it, I guess trying to say if you do this and do that you end up here. I don't mind it so much, at least so far. I do think the characters are better this time though. The Old Woman is a great character not sure what she is about. I think the game is great so far at least.

Well, unless you are a very good character solving kind of person, you will not know what Kreia(sp?) is about until just about the end. I get a x-box mag and it had a run down on all the characters you can have. They said that the ending and that she was predictible. For me, I was so lost with her. I was just having fun with everything else you could do.

Yeah me too so far, I just finished Dantooine that was fun. I wonder why they ditched the Yoda like Jedi for Ed Asner's grumpy old Jedi. I have heard talk about the ending being very rushed on other boards although I have heard the exact details I guess I will have to get there and see that for myself.

The ending is the worse thing they could have done to the game. There is so much build up that in the end, its just over. Almost think that they should just stop making games now. The whole thing was great, dont get me wrong. I just wish they would have let the ending be a little...slower?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast