Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we actually need all this extra horsepower?

I'm up for writing (some)reviews. I see alot of movies - whether in theatres on later on video. How in depth do you want them? I know you don't want a Bowen type of thing, but I usually just post my initial thoughts in the forums, and that is below just about any review standard.

I'm sure I'd have a blast doing it, I just wouldn't want to get stuck writing them all day every day.

Shawn
    I'm going to come up with a general guideline for the reviews shortly. I'm hoping I can catch Ogre at a good time to mess with the portal page, since I've never touched it.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Originally posted by CMJ
    I'm sure I'd have a blast doing it, I just wouldn't want to get stuck writing them all day every day.
    Unless maybe we got paid per review.

The one I sent you, Shawn, was just an off the cuff last minute one, and since I've never done one before, I am certainly open to suggestion.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    Originally posted by Shawn
    I'm going to come up with a general guideline for the reviews shortly. I'm hoping I can catch Ogre at a good time to mess with the portal page, since I've never touched it.
    Weekends are generally the best time. It might work well if you make a photoshop sketch of your layout plan and send it to me. As for messing with the default style, it can be backed up by downloading the style before making changes to it.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Any word on this?

I think that separating out a few forums, like the Box Office and other Discussions forum, would be a good idea. For instance, we *could* have a World Politics forum, which isn't asking for much more trouble than we have already. We already allow political threads, as long as they're civil. This way people who want to avoid political discussions completely don't have to avoid the B.O forum. (I haven't had any complaints or feedback that anyone actually does this.)

We have a gaming forum already, which is pretty successful. I think adding game reviews and CD reviews to our list of reviews could mean that we might possibly have a new review posted up nearly every other day, if we had enough people to keep it up.

Possible review submission/posting plan: we could write up reviews whenever we see/do/hear something (we being the authorized contributors), and then Shawn/Eve/Ogre would post them up whenever they like. So there isn't a deadline so much attached to saying that we are a reviewer for Sw-fans... with the exception that we at least write two reviews a month?

Although, if everyone writes a review for the same movie, then you'd have problems.

We could also try to do a "he saw/she saw" type movie review, with a female and a male perspective of the same movie. Although, the girls here don't really have the average American Woman's taste in movies.

Shawn
    I'll finish a mockup page tomorrow and post it, and I'll see if I can bug s'Il into doing a styleset for it. Then we'll go from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12